Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
71% of Americans do not want to give Amnesty to DACA illegal aliens
(11-10-2017, 04:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because they contribute to our economy flourishing?

They don't.
We pay way more in helping them than we gain from people being here illegally and having kids that makes them USC's by birth on US lands. Do away with that for starters and make it to where a child must have one of their 2 parents as a USC in order to become a USC to begin with.

Do that and you'll see a drop in illegals right off the bat, because now you've taken away a big incentive they can use to "stay" here illegally, and now that child is not entitled to US benefits by virtue of being a USC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-10-2017, 04:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They don't.
We pay way more in helping them than we gain from people being here illegally and having kids that makes them USC's by birth on US lands. Do away with that for starters and make it to where a child must have one of their 2 parents as a USC in order to become a USC to begin with.

Do that and you'll see a drop in illegals right off the bat, because now you've taken away a big incentive they can use to "stay" here illegally, and now that child is not entitled to US benefits by virtue of being a USC.

So we CAN change amendments to the constitution?

Interesting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-10-2017, 03:30 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, I would say your case isn't the norm and can't really be applied across the board. A foreign bride coming to the country for a planned marriage with someone who (I'm assuming) isn't a convicted axe murderer is going to be easier than, say, an Albanian who speaks little English and has few ties established. 

My wife runs into it quite a bit with work. Foreign workers come here, go into healthcare because they're always hiring and... a couple years later they're gone because they ran out of time. And we're not just talking people from Mexico, but from all over, many with degrees back home and fluent language skills.

As far as the last, meh. It's still the point of being stuck in a broken system. If politicians weren't cowardice and closed the borders, I'd see your point. Then those folks would be here illegally. Instead, they manipulated the system to benefit the legal system and businesses, then say they don't know how it got so bad. It's laughable that voters haven't held them accountable, but instead jump up and down saying "look, that guy making $5 cash is bankrupting my economy!"

My wife was here on a foreign working visa before we got married. Then when we got married we had to transfer to another visa. Not to mention all the times she and her family and friends have applied for various visas over the years. So please do not try and dismiss my experience as being nothing more than a foreign bride. You are just showing your ignorance and typically that is not how you roll. Not to mention the 6 months of no income from a CPA.

If you don’t speak English or at the very least enrolled in English courses you should have heavy scrutiny to come here.

I’m a point system those workers your wife sees would be able to stay. This is precisely why the Raise Act was written. To promote those types of immigrants.

Broken system or not everyone is responsible for the lie own circumstances. It’s like stealing cable..... you watch for free for years until they start looking then you accept the repercussions. No one has said we should permanently ban them from coming back. They can apply like every other law abiding immigrant around the world who wishes to come here.

The solution can’t be amnesty. Nor can it be let these people stay. We need to be deporting and this will force self deportations over the fear of being caught. In a decade of this we might be in a better place.
(11-10-2017, 04:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They don't.

I've seen evidence to the contrary. 
One study showed that the workforce in states with high  number of illegal immigrants in the workforce saw an increase in wages and productivity. Low skilled immigrants complete routine and mundane tasks leaving skilled workers more time to focus on their tasks, causing an increase in productivity and wages.

They pay taxes.  10% of the current Social Security fund is from taxes paid by illegals. 

Over all most economists agree that the overall benefit outweighs the cost. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-10-2017, 04:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My wife was here on a foreign working visa before we got married. Then when we got married we had to transfer to another visa. Not to mention all the times she and her family and friends have applied for various visas over the years. So please do not try and dismiss my experience as being nothing more than a foreign bride. You are just showing your ignorance and typically that is not how you roll. Not to mention the 6 months of no income from a CPA.

If you don’t speak English or at the very least enrolled in English courses you should have heavy scrutiny to come here.

I’m a point system those workers your wife sees would be able to stay. This is precisely why the Raise Act was written. To promote those types of immigrants.

Broken system or not everyone is responsible for the lie own circumstances. It’s like stealing cable..... you watch for free for years until they start looking then you accept the repercussions. No one has said we should permanently ban them from coming back. They can apply like every other law abiding immigrant around the world who wishes to come here.

The solution can’t be amnesty. Nor can it be let these people stay. We need to be deporting and this will force self deportations over the fear of being caught. In a decade of this we might be in a better place.

What does that mean?
(11-10-2017, 05:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What does that mean?

I believe in another thread he said she had to go home while the paperwork was done.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-10-2017, 11:27 AM)Benton Wrote: Here's my issue with calling them lawbreakers.

Years ago, we stopped funding immigration regulations. Immigration backed up. Suddenly, it's broken and those waiting to get processed are doing things illegally. Which is not always accurate. People wait and wait and never hear anything because their file is 20 down on a desk with 100 other files and it keeps moving down because someone who can afford an immigration attorney moves to the top.

This should never have become a country where you need an attorney to help you do everything.
It also should never have become a country that rewards those that break the law and cut in front of those that are following the law.

As I've constantly said. The main reason that I am for deportation of those that came here illegally is the harm it is causing those that are trying to do so legally.

Folks that are coming up with "our country will suffer economically if we deport illegal immigrants" are just fabricating a reason to justify illegal activity; as there are plenty waiting to enter legally and seek employment. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-10-2017, 05:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What does that mean?

You have to wait for a work permit. She is a CPA and lost quite a bit of income while she waited to legally be able to work.
(11-10-2017, 05:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe in another thread he said she had to go home while the paperwork was done.

No that was only two months. I didn’t include that time because we were changing over the visa and She was able to work in Belarus.
(11-10-2017, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They pay taxes.  10% of the current Social Security fund is from taxes paid by illegals.

And how much of Social Security goes towards illegals?

I honestly don't know the answer, but if you claim the benefits outweigh the costs and you've already listed the "benefits", you must know the costs, right?
(11-10-2017, 06:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And how much of Social Security goes towards illegals?

I honestly don't know the answer, but if you claim the benefits outweigh the costs and you've already listed the "benefits", you must know the costs, right?

In 2010, $13b came in and $1b went out, so a net of $12b. 
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/10/hillary-clinton/undocumented-immigrants-social-security-contributi/
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-10-2017, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You have to wait for a work permit. She is a CPA and lost quite a bit of income while she waited to legally be able to work.

LMAO

You really need to work on your "wife's" back story and do some more research before you make these false claims. In order to be a CPA, you need one year of work experience with a CPA. If your wife couldn't work for a CPA (despite your claim she was here on a work visa and needed a work permit in addition to the work visa) that tells me she wasn't a CPA which means she didnt lose six months of income for a job she wasn't qualified to do because she failed to meet the minimum work experience criteria.
(11-10-2017, 04:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My wife was here on a foreign working visa before we got married.  Then when we got married we had to transfer to another visa.   Not to mention all the times she and her family and friends have applied for various visas over the years.     So please do not try and dismiss my experience as being nothing more than a foreign bride.   You are just showing your ignorance and typically that is not how you roll.  Not to mention the 6 months of no income from a CPA.  

Sorry about that, it wasn't my intent. i do think it's an easier process/greater likelihood for non-residents getting married than it is for immigrants with no ties. But I wasn't trying to disparage your marriage, I apologize if it came off that way.
(11-10-2017, 06:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LMAO

You really need to work on your "wife's" back story and do some more research before you make these false claims. In order to be a CPA, you need one year of work experience with a CPA. If your wife couldn't work for a CPA (despite your claim she was here on a work visa and needed a work permit in addition to the work visa) that tells me she wasn't a CPA which means she didnt lose six months of income for a job she wasn't qualified to do because she failed to meet the minimum work experience criteria.

Lol please tell me more about my life. Since you obviously think you know more about it than me.
(11-13-2017, 01:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Sorry about that, it wasn't my intent. i do think it's an easier process/greater likelihood for non-residents getting married than it is for immigrants with no ties. But I wasn't trying to disparage your marriage, I apologize if it came off that way.

It’s a reasonable process when you have skills. The no skills group will have a hard time and frankly they should. This is why Australia has thre best immigration policy going atm. They put illegals on an island and process them. They never let them on the mainland. It’s beautiful. Illegals have slowed down trying to make it to Australia because of this.

Apology accepted, I did appreciate the pm you sent and again posting it here. Says a lot of your character to reach out to correct the record.
(11-13-2017, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s a reasonable process when you have skills.   The no skills group will have a hard time and frankly they should.    This is why Australia has thre best immigration policy going atm.   They put illegals on an island and process them.   They never let them on the mainland.   It’s beautiful.  Illegals have slowed down trying to make it to Australia because of this.

Apology accepted, I did appreciate the pm you sent and again posting it here.    Says a lot of your character to reach out to correct the record.

Personally, that's what I always admired about our idea of immigration, even if it long hasn't been part of our practice. You can come here with no skills, but a solid work ethic, and contribute. 

Hands down, I'll take a guy who works 12 hours a day feeding his family and teaching that value, putting his kids through school and doing his best at whatever trade he has, as opposed to someone whose net worth and English speaking skills were both up to a standard deemed acceptable by politicians trying to pad their pockets. 
(11-13-2017, 01:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Personally, that's what I always admired about our idea of immigration, even if it long hasn't been part of our practice. You can come here with no skills, but a solid work ethic, and contribute. 

Hands down, I'll take a guy who works 12 hours a day feeding his family and teaching that value, putting his kids through school and doing his best at whatever trade he has, as opposed to someone whose net worth and English speaking skills were both up to a standard deemed acceptable by politicians trying to pad their pockets. 

I understand and appreciate your sentimate here but those days are long gone when we now live in a society where the government takes care of people cradle to grave. We can’t afford these no skills people from third world countries any longer. We can’t afford them.

Now if we take away all those gov benefits then sure open the doors.
(11-13-2017, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol please tell me more about my life. Since you obviously think you know more about it than me.

I know it takes one year of work experience with a CPA to become a CPA. So if she couldn't work then she couldn't get the necessary work experience with a CPA for a CPA license. No CPA work experience, no CPA license, no lost CPA wages. Period.

Attention to detail. You should try it sometime.
(11-13-2017, 01:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Personally, that's what I always admired about our idea of immigration, even if it long hasn't been part of our practice. You can come here with no skills, but a solid work ethic, and contribute. 

I've always admired those immigrants who come to this country via legal methods. No sure I admire the "ethic" of someone that came to this country illegally.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-13-2017, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've always admired those immigrants who come to this country via legal methods. No sure I admire the "ethic" of someone that came to this country illegally.  

If the system was fixed, I'd likely agree.

For spouses of US citizens, the wait time for citizenship is about a year. For their offspring, it's pushed to the front and typically a couple years from what I've read. Those already employed and on work visas, anywhere from 2 years to 10 depending on employers. But for residents of some countries whose caps have been hit, wait times are reaching 25 years. 

I don't support continuing a system where someone doesn't know if they'll get citizenship for 25 years. As it is, you can be here for years legally, invest in a community, establish a life, and still not knowing anything. If the story floating around Facebook is true, you can serve in the US military, get out and have a normal job, and still get deported.

That's not a system I support. Fix it, fund it and let people know before they spend decades wasting their time.