Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
71% of Americans do not want to give Amnesty to DACA illegal aliens
(11-13-2017, 04:21 PM)Benton Wrote: If the system was fixed, I'd likely agree.

For spouses of US citizens, the wait time for citizenship is about a year. For their offspring, it's pushed to the front and typically a couple years from what I've read. Those already employed and on work visas, anywhere from 2 years to 10 depending on employers. But for residents of some countries whose caps have been hit, wait times are reaching 25 years. 

I don't support continuing a system where someone doesn't know if they'll get citizenship for 25 years. As it is, you can be here for years legally, invest in a community, establish a life, and still not knowing anything. If the story floating around Facebook is true, you can serve in the US military, get out and have a normal job, and still get deported.

That's not a system I support. Fix it, fund it and let people know before they spend decades wasting their time.

Uscis is funded by the people who pay the fees to immigrate legally. So now uscis is processing these illegals..... so basically I had to pay for a law breakers to be processed.
And we wouldn’t have 25 year waiting times if we capped by country. Point system could show where they were In line.
(11-13-2017, 03:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know it takes one year of work experience with a CPA to become a CPA. So if she couldn't work then she couldn't get the necessary work experience with a CPA for a CPA license. No CPA work experience, no CPA license, no lost CPA wages. Period.

Attention to detail. You should try it sometime.

She couldn’t possibly have worked under a CPA while working here...

Stop making the thread about me and my family more about the topic.
(11-13-2017, 04:21 PM)Benton Wrote: If the system was fixed, I'd likely agree.

meh, I just cannot applaud breaking the law regardless of "reason". Many folks are trying to do what is right. If we want the legal process changed make our voices known and show up at the voter's booth; do not "overlook" illegal activities.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-13-2017, 04:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Uscis is funded by the people who pay the fees to immigrate legally.   So now uscis is processing these illegals..... so basically I had to pay for a law breakers to be processed.

(11-13-2017, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And we wouldn’t have 25 year waiting times if we capped by country.   Point system could show where they were In line.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/how-united-states-immigration-system-works

Quote:In addition to the numerical limits placed upon the various immigration preferences, the INA also places a limit on how many immigrants can come to the United States from any one country. Currently, no group of permanent immigrants (family-based and employment-based) from a single country can exceed seven percent of the total amount of people immigrating to the United States in a single fiscal year. This is not a quota to ensure that certain nationalities make up seven percent of immigrants, but rather a limit that is set to prevent any immigrant group from dominating immigration patterns to the United States.

We already have caps per country. And a total limit (600,000 I think) on how many per year.

We can't process the visas fast enough to let people know one way or the other. So if the problem is the only funding comes from legal visas (I'll take your word for it, I've never looked) then the answer would seem to be: put more money into processing visas above those fees collected from legal immigrants.

It's like gun controls. We have laws, they just aren't working. Calling for stricter versions of the same laws is, likewise, not going to work.
(11-13-2017, 04:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She couldn’t possibly have worked under a CPA while working here...

You're the one who claimed she was here on a work visa, but couldn't work without a work permit. So if she couldn't work, like you claimed, then she couldn't work with a CPA.

Quote:Stop making the thread about me and my family more about the topic.

You brought up your family. Not me. You're the one using your family as anecdotal evidence. Besides, I'm not making this about your family. I'm addressing your claims about your wife's CPA qualifications. The fact of the matter is without a year of work experience with a CPA you can't get a CPA license. If she couldn't work (your claim, not mine) then she would be unable to meet the basic requirements for a CPA license. Period. But, obviously you don't know any of this.
(11-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/how-united-states-immigration-system-works

We already have caps per country. And a total limit (600,000 I think) on how many per year.

We can't process the visas fast enough to let people know one way or the other. So if the problem is the only funding comes from legal visas (I'll take your word for it, I've never looked) then the answer would seem to be: put more money into processing visas above those fees collected from legal immigrants.

It's like gun controls. We have laws, they just aren't working. Calling for stricter versions of the same laws is, likewise, not going to work.

Can’t process them fast enough because they have been bogged down with DACA and illegals trying to legalize via CR-1 visa. Typical years CR-1 takes about a year. Now it’s over 2 because of the influx of illegals. We would honestly be better off if they just had them go back to Mexico (for example) then just hire more people to process in Juarez. This was part of the problem that hurt visas when American diplomats got booted from Russia. Their main job is to process these visas for Europe. Moscow and Warsaw do most of the processing.

If we just had them go back then prioritized them by having more people at he Juarez embassy to process. The Mexican government has to allow this and typically these countries won’t allow the influx of workers. It’s almost as if Mexico is promoting illegal immigration. Which is a problem and why we need to make it tougher on those countries to force them to straighten out.
(11-13-2017, 07:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can’t process them fast enough because they have been bogged down with DACA and illegals trying to legalize via CR-1 visa.   Typical years CR-1 takes about a year.   Now it’s over 2 because of the influx of illegals.    We would honestly be better off if they just had them go back to Mexico (for example) then just hire more people to process in Juarez.    This was part of the problem that hurt visas when American diplomats got booted from Russia.   Their main job is to process these visas for Europe.   Moscow and Warsaw do most of the processing.  

If we just had them go back then prioritized them by having more people at he Juarez embassy to process.   The Mexican government has to allow this and typically these countries won’t allow the influx of workers.    It’s almost as if Mexico is promoting illegal immigration.   Which is a problem and why we need to make it tougher on those countries to force them to straighten out.

Eh, that's not the order.

DACA was a result of the back log. The back log was the result of too many visas to process, and Congress not allocating enough funding to regulate it. It wasn't like millions of people snuck in one night through an unchecked Texas road... this was the results of years of files piling up. 
(11-13-2017, 09:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, that's not the order.

DACA was a result of the back log. The back log was the result of too many visas to process, and Congress not allocating enough funding to regulate it. It wasn't like millions of people snuck in one night through an unchecked Texas road... this was the results of years of files piling up. 

That’s why the solution is just deportation. Then get Mexico to allow more people at Juarez to process visas. We won’t get the permission unless we pressure them to do so and deportations will Rock the boat enough.
(11-14-2017, 02:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That’s why the solution is just deportation.  Then get Mexico to allow more people at Juarez to process visas.     We won’t get the permission unless we pressure them to do so and deportations will Rock the boat enough.

Cashier: "Welcome to Walmart, thanks for shopping with us today. Your wait time is approximately... 30 minutes."
Customer: "Ok, thanks."
[waits 12 times that] 
Customer: "Hey, it's been six hours and the line hasn't moved. Sup? I've got cheese molding here."
Cashier: "We're sorry for the delay, we only hire cashiers based off previous days sales and didn't anticipate an increase of 120% business. We're unaware of how long this process will actually take. To keep up with demand PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DROP ALL YOUR BELONGINGS AND GET OUT OF THE STORE. NOW. RIGHT NOW. DEAR LORD, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!? GET OUT OF HERE!"

Lots of folks (myself included) want to run government like a business. What kind of business model is the above? A pretty poor one that doesn't resolve the issue. Fix the system, process or reject in a reasonable manner and enforce existing laws. Mass deportations are unrealistic, unnecessary and costly.
(11-14-2017, 01:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Cashier: "Welcome to Walmart, thanks for shopping with us today. Your wait time is approximately... 30 minutes."
Customer: "Ok, thanks."
[waits 12 times that] 
Customer: "Hey, it's been six hours and the line hasn't moved. Sup? I've got cheese molding here."
Cashier: "We're sorry for the delay, we only hire cashiers based off previous days sales and didn't anticipate an increase of 120% business. We're unaware of how long this process will actually take. To keep up with demand PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DROP ALL YOUR BELONGINGS AND GET OUT OF THE STORE. NOW. RIGHT NOW. DEAR LORD, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!? GET OUT OF HERE!"

Lots of folks (myself included) want to run government like a business. What kind of business model is the above? A pretty poor one that doesn't resolve the issue. Fix the system, process or reject in a reasonable manner and enforce existing laws. Mass deportations are unrealistic, unnecessary and costly.

Liberal answer:

Walk out of the store with your goods without paying for them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-14-2017, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Liberal answer:

In this metaphor, it seems like the whole check out process is getting legal status, so DACA wouldn't be leaving without paying as much as it would be giving them access to a private express checkout lane. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-15-2017, 10:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In this metaphor, it seems like the whole check out process is getting legal status, so DACA wouldn't be leaving without paying as much as it would be giving them access to a private express checkout lane. 

Only giving known law breakers access to private express lanes.
(11-14-2017, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Liberal answer:

Conservative answer:
Wait till they pay, then take their stuff and kick them out!

Conservatives love some asset forfeiture.

Both sides are crazy. I’ll be happy when we stop using partisan logic and just use logic. The people in line that are paying and contributing, roll with it. Those who aren’t paying and contributing? Kick them out. Fix the system. By golly! It’s that simple.
(11-15-2017, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Only giving known law breakers access to private express lanes.

and since they were children when it occurred, often times not even knowing their parents made them do something wrong, and have tried to make it right, they're shown empathy. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-15-2017, 10:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In this metaphor, it seems like the whole check out process is getting legal status, so DACA wouldn't be leaving without paying as much as it would be giving them access to a private express checkout lane. 

It shouldn't have even had to be an express lane.

Congress has been aware since the 80s that the system needed correcting. The magnitude grew until constituents forced them to start talking about it in the early 2000s.  And... they still didn't fix anything. Instead of hammering out legislation to fix the system or address the DREAMers, Congress wasted years and dollars on fake Obamacare repeals.
(11-15-2017, 12:02 PM)Benton Wrote: It shouldn't have even had to be an express lane.

Congress has been aware since the 80s that the system needed correcting. The magnitude grew until constituents forced them to start talking about it in the early 2000s.  And... they still didn't fix anything. Instead of hammering out legislation to fix the system or address the DREAMers, Congress wasted years and dollars on fake Obamacare repeals.

But isn't that the GOP way?  Cut funding (or limit it) for programs to show how bad the programs are.  Use that to call for further cuts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-15-2017, 11:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and since they were children when it occurred, often times not even knowing their parents made them do something wrong, and have tried to make it right, they're shown empathy. 

If they are 18 or older and haven’t attempted to get legal then they are knowingly breaking the law.
(11-15-2017, 11:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and since they were children when it occurred, often times not even knowing their parents made them do something wrong, and have tried to make it right, they're shown empathy. 

If a child is brought along during a crime (robbery/kidnapping/whatever) would that be charged with anything?

I don't think they would.

Could we wait until after the are a certain age and go arrest them because they were there when a crime was committed and they should have turned themselves in once they were aware of it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-15-2017, 01:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they are 18 or older and haven’t attempted to get legal then they are knowingly breaking the law.

Understandably complains when they break they law.

(11-13-2017, 04:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Uscis is funded by the people who pay the fees to immigrate legally. So now uscis is processing these illegals..... so basically I had to pay for a law breakers to be processed.

Complains when they comply with law.