Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
8-6 Bengals @ 7-7 Steelers predictions.
I watched the Steelers get absolutely dominated by the colts. They ran the ball right down their throats with relative ease. The Steelers defense looked bad and their offense even worse.

Bengals - 24
Steelers - 13

Zebras try hard to deliver a Steelers home win but Bengals still get it done even with very bias officiating.
Reply/Quote
If playoffs started today we’d play the Dolphins as the 6th seed

And i would love that matchup
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:33 PM)Housh Wrote: If playoffs started today we’d play the Dolphins as the 6th seed

Not me. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not me. lol

Why not?

Chase versus Ramsey

Higgins versus Howard

Boyd versus, wait for it, Eli Apple

Tua versus the turf
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:33 PM)Housh Wrote: If playoffs started today we’d play the Dolphins as the 6th seed

Unless Denver wins. Then we are back outside. Annoying that the Colts keep jumping us.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Damontae Kazee should be suspended for a game or two. Probably won't be, but that tackle on Michael Pittman was egregious. He got ejected, but he's already been fined 5 times this year (four for tackles) and it was he who got fined $12,000 for his hit on Irv Smith last time they played. Pittman was defenseless and his head snapped back so hard he could have broke his neck. If it was Burfict ...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why not?

Chase versus Ramsey

Higgins versus Howard

Boyd versus, wait for it, Eli Apple

Tua versus the turf

Tua is having as Pro Bowl year. 
As is Hill. 
Waddle is a beast.  

I don't think this current D is built to handle high octane O's
Reply/Quote
Cam Heyward suffered a concussion today and as usual with the Steelers wasn't diagnosed until after the game. And knowing them, he will be cleared by next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: Tua is having as Pro Bowl year. 
As is Hill. 
Waddle is a beast.  

It would not be pretty
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:12 PM)pally Wrote: Cam Heyward suffered a concussion today and as usual with the Steelers wasn't diagnosed until after the game.  And knowing them, he will be cleared by next week

Let me guess, in game he suffered a head/neck injury..
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: Tua is having as Pro Bowl year. 
As is Hill. 
Waddle is a beast.  

(12-16-2023, 11:12 PM)M.W. Wrote: It would not be pretty

They've dominated the lower tier, but they've faultered badly against the top half of the league.

I ain't skurred!
Reply/Quote
It's after a win but I'm optimistic about the Bengals chances vs. the Steelers.

Give us the W and a shot at the playoffs
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They've dominated the lower tier, but they've faultered badly against the top half of the league.

I ain't skurred!

Agree Miami hasn't beat anyone decent aside from the Broncos who are now losing to the Lions.  They have had an easy schedule so far for the most part.  They get basically a free game tomorrow against the Jets then play the Cowboys, Ravens and Bills.  Those last three game will prove if they are pretenders or not.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Agree Miami hasn't beat anyone decent aside from the Broncos who are now losing to the Lions.  They have had an easy schedule so far for the most part.

This^^^

If the score holds up and the Lions are victorious, then I believe the Dolphins will be back to winless against teams with winning records.

Don't get me wrong, Miami is not a bad team.  They are capable of winning on any given Sunday, just like the other 31 NFL teams.  They are capable of destroying the bad teams, but they need everything to play out their way to beat the top teams.

Side story related to this.  Coworker is a big Dolphins fan, but he is a big Dolphins fan more so than a big NFL fan.  By this I mean he is the guy who would claim they were going to win the Super Bowl because they beat the Brady Patriots in Miami early in the season kind of thing, only to never sniff the post season.  He won't look at the big picture that playing in Miami is brutal to the opposition in early September and wants to always chalk it up to greatness of the team without any impact of oppressive heat and humidity, with the opposing sideline being in the sun and the home sideline in the shade.  Anyhow, he was pointing out that Miami's current standing means playoff games in Miami, and then saying that teams are fearing the heat as if it were the summer.  My response was "that's Miami in January.  Every team that has to play on the road WANTS to play there."
Reply/Quote
Bengals play a great game against the Steelers next week. Bengals 27 Steelers 10
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:  Anyhow, he was pointing out that Miami's current standing means playoff games in Miami, and then saying that teams are fearing the heat as if it were the summer.  My response was "that's Miami in January.  Every team that has to play on the road WANTS to play there."

Yeah no kidding I think just about every player would prefer to play in Miami at that time of year.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
JFK and George - you all were right. I checked out Miami’s wins and they were all against weaker teams. Good call.

They still scare me a bit as they do have the ability to go nuts and light teams up.

I’m surprised they haven’t more.

Their QB and weapons > Houston and you saw how we did on that game - and with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
The Sqeelers are not a good team! It's just amazing they're 7-7, lucky, lucky, lucky. Their offense in near the bottom of the league. Their defense isn't great either. They have a very good pass rush (Watt) but besides that they're just average. They're not great vs. the run.

If we can hold Watt and Co. somewhat in check and we actually run it some and stick with running some I can see us winning.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: Chase is out? I haven’t seen any updates?

I love Reader but they did a great job filling his spot today. The next man up mentality in Bengal-land has been impressive.

Separated shoulder.  Questionable right now.  DJs done for the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: JFK and George - you all were right. I checked out Miami’s wins and they were all against weaker teams. Good call.

They still scare me a bit as they do have the ability to go nuts and light teams up.

I’m surprised they haven’t more.

Their QB and weapons > Houston and you saw how we did on that game - and with Burrow.

There seems to be someone wide open way too much against our D no matter who we play.  For that reason alone the Dolphins scare me.  
Reply/Quote