Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
9-8
(01-08-2024, 12:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If we know the players aren’t going to have this mindset then why is it always so heavily projected onto them that they should want to “get better by losing.”

What?  Who is projecting anything on the players?  This is a message board.  Are you drinking? 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Will you please stop with the players, this isnt about the players.  You are the only one talking about the players. How dumb is that?

You know what is hilarious?  You do not know ONE player.  I actually know a few.  And I still say the wins were meaningless as far as I am concerned and I have 2 sets of season tickets Ive had for a decade.  So I care about going deep in each season.  And if a season is lost I want better draft picks so the next 4 years are better. 

It’s dumb to talk about the guys who are actually responsible for the outcomes of the games? That’s dumb?

I’m talking about the players because their motivation and opinion is all that matters, when ours and your opinions is guess what? MEANINGLESS.

Cool, you have season tickets, does that make your opinion more valuable? Are you really that offended that I’m disagreeing with you that you’re not puffing your chest with who you know and your season ticket status? You know what all of that puffing of the chest is? MEANINGLESS.

There was nothing meaningless about that win.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:19 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Because of the defense, not Burrow.

Right, they were basically the 2000 Ravens. Ninja

The defense was opportunistic and made big plays when they needed to during those runs. Just like Burrow did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Will you please stop with the players, this isnt about the players.  You are the only one talking about the players. How dumb is that?

You know what is hilarious?  You do not know ONE player.  I actually know a few.  And I still say the wins were meaningless as far as I am concerned and I have 2 sets of season tickets Ive had for a decade.  So I care about going deep in each season.  And if a season is lost I want better draft picks so the next 4 years are better. 

Of course the players are going to play hard... they are incentivized to do so. 

I know it's crazy but the players, owners, and fans can all have different mindsets on how they think the team should be ran. 

Players - Play for money
Owners - want more money
Fans - we want championships (We fans will stick with the team longer than the players and owners over a life time)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:44 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s dumb to talk about the guys who are actually responsible for the outcomes of the games? That’s dumb?

I’m talking about the players because their motivation and opinion is all that matters, when ours and your opinions is guess what? MEANINGLESS.

Cool, you have season tickets, does that make your opinion more valuable? Are you really that offended that I’m disagreeing with you that you’re not puffing your chest with who you know and your season ticket status? You know what all of that puffing of the chest is? MEANINGLESS.

There was nothing meaningless about that win.

Im not offended, I feel sorry for you.  I know you say crazy stuff on the gameday thread but I thought that was just in the moment emotion.

This is below dumb.  What we say on the message board has zero to do with the players. The players motivation and their goals has nothing to do with us fans on a message board.  Trust me when I say those grown men, those professional NFL players, do not need you to carry some inspirational sword for them.  LOL

Classifying the wins as "meaningless" to me simply means there is no chance at playoff success.  That is MY definition.

Again, if we dont have a chance then I want the best players possible for the next 4 years.  I do not care about beating the Browns 3rd string.  What I want and what the players & coaches want couldnt be further apart.  

I hope you can figure this out since it is the 3rd time Ive tried to explain it.  

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not offended, I feel sorry for you.  I know you say crazy stuff on the gameday thread but I thought that was just in the moment emotion.

This is below dumb.  What we say on the message board has zero to do with the players. The players motivation and their goals has nothing to do with us fans on a message board.  Trust me when I say those grown men, those professional NFL players, do not need you to carry some inspirational sword for them.  LOL

Classifying the wins as "meaningless" to me simply means there is no chance at playoff success.  That is MY definition.

Again, if we dont have a chance then I want the best players possible for the next 4 years.  I do not care about beating the Browns 3rd string.  What I want and what the players & coaches want couldnt be further apart.  

I hope you can figure this out since it is the 3rd time Ive tried to explain it.  

Okay I post maybe 2/3 times on average in game day thread so quit with your pedestal.

You’re really hurt over someone having a different opinion than you. You’ve brought up season tickets, who you know, saying I say “crazy” stuff and when I barely post.

The only one where who is acting with emotion is you.

I’m not carrying an inspirational sword, I’m simply saying you’re whining about needing a better draft pick is useless because like you said, the players don’t care what we think. So I’m going to probably agree with the team that playing for your teammates is more important than 4 higher draft picks.

I hope you’re okay with me having a different opinion, and that your ego can handle it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay I post maybe 2/3 times on average in game day thread so quit with your pedestal.

You’re really hurt over someone having a different opinion than you. You’ve brought up season tickets, who you know, saying I say “crazy” stuff and when I barely post.

The only one where who is acting with emotion is you.

I’m not carrying an inspirational sword, I’m simply saying you’re whining about needing a better draft pick is useless because like you said, the players don’t care what we think. So I’m going to probably agree with the team that playing for your teammates is more important than 4 higher draft picks.

I hope you’re okay with me having a different opinion, and that your ego can handle it.

You are way off base, your "opinion" doesnt bother anyone. 

There was never a question regarding the what the players thought or would do, for some reason you brought that weird take into the conversation. 

We are fans talking about how we feel.  Feel free to represent the players and coaches.  It is dumb and looks silly but go ahead.  That has zero to do with the current conversation.

You brought this weird point of view into the conversation. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So I’m going to probably agree with the team that playing for your teammates is more important than 4 higher draft picks.

I hope you don't watch college football.....

Also did you not notice that all around the league today there were players who played just to hit their "money goals" then got off the field?  So much for trying to win the game it was all about getting that 250K bonus check.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You are way off base, your "opinion" doesnt bother anyone. 

There was never a question regarding the what the players thought or would do, for some reason you brought that weird take into the conversation. 

We are fans talking about how we feel.  Feel free to represent the players and coaches.  It is dumb and looks silly but go ahead.  That has zero to do with the current conversation.

You brought this weird point of view into the conversation. 

My response that got your feelings all hurt was literally to someone talking about tanking and not worrying about it affecting the PLAYERS because of their character. I’m sorry you can’t follow multiple conversations, but try again.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:15 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I hope you don't watch college football.....

Also did you not notice that all around the league today there were players who played just to hit their "money goals" then got off the field?  So much for trying to win the game it was all about getting that 250K bonus check.

I’m going to guess that was more to avoid injury, not to tank, but nice try. If you want to talk about that, I’m open to that conversation as it’s a discussion to at actually makes sense and is logical to everyone, not just emotional fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: My response that got your feelings all hurt was literally to someone talking about tanking and not worrying about it affecting the PLAYERS because of their character. I’m sorry you can’t follow multiple conversations, but try again.

You keep coming at me?  Lol, I obviously got in your feelings - I do apologize, not sure where I did that though?

I have not been upset one time.  You look silly saying Im upset and then by lying about my comments.  

Try to do better at being honest and take my word that Im not upset with your silly take.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:23 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You keep coming at me?  Lol, I obviously got in your feelings - I do apologize, not sure where I did that though?

I have not been upset one time.  You look silly saying Im upset and then by lying about my comments.  

Try to do better at being honest and take my word that Im not upset with your silly take.

Sorry buddy, calm people don’t act the way you do, talking about who they know, their season ticket status, being just overall hateful.

Anyway, I’m done with this. You’re not worth my time.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:24 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Could've been?

No, it what ultimately was what cost us in the end. Aside from a TB drop.

If fans are supposed to eat crow on Browning, ZT should have a plate too, that's all I'm saying. 
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd's drop kept this team out of the playoffs more than anything.

I'm not sure that they would have done anything with this defense if they did get in. They would have faced Buffalo and, the defense has had some recent success against the Bills, but I don't think that Buffalo fears Browning like they fear Burrow.

Edited to add . . . The Bengals were 4-7 against playoff teams this season, 3-3 in 2022, 4-2 in 2021.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:36 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Tyler Boyd's drop kept this team out of the playoffs more than anything.

I'm not sure that they would have done anything with this defense if they did get in. They would have faced Buffalo and, the defense has had some recent success against the Bills, but I don't think that Buffalo fears Browning like they fear Burrow.

Edited to add . . . The Bengals were 4-7 against playoff teams this season, 3-3 in 2022, 4-2 in 2021.

But 5-2 in the actual playoffs. Cincy since 2021 they are 10-6 vs Bills, KC, Balt, SF
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Message board posters just gleefully cite Tomlin's record of not having losing seasons, then excoriate the Bengals for having a winning season. I swear some of you are bipolar.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Message board posters just gleefully cite Tomlin's record of not having losing seasons, then excoriate the Bengals for having a winning season. I swear some of you are bipolar.

SOME? LOL
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Message board posters just gleefully cite Tomlin's record of not having losing seasons, then excoriate the Bengals for having a winning season. I swear some of you are bipolar.

I’m sure plenty of Steelers fans have been frustrated with being stuck in mediocrity for so long now. Never bottoming out is how you end up with a Kenny Pickett instead of a Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure plenty of Steelers fans have been frustrated with being stuck in mediocrity for so long now. Never bottoming out is how you end up with a Kenny Pickett instead of a Joe Burrow.

Stealers fans can't read and have picture boards. I was talking about posters in JUNGLE NOISE who constantly bring up Tomlin's record. And we are not stuck in mediocrity. AFCN Champions two years in a row, AFCCG two years in a row, and a Super Bowl. It could have been 3, but this just wasn't our year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Stealers fans can't read and have picture boards. I was talking about posters in JUNGLE NOISE who constantly bring up Tomlin's record. And we are not stuck in mediocrity. AFCN Champions two years in a row, AFCCG two years in a row, and a Super Bowl. It could have been 3, but this just wasn't our year. 

I didn’t say we are. The Steelers are, and they can keep on having winning seasons for all I care. If it stops them from landing a top QB. You put a guy like Stroud on that team and they’re an instant contender.

As for us winning what ended up being meaningless games, it is going to sting a bit if a Newton or a Bowers goes just a few picks ahead us, but I’m definitely not mad about it. We had something to play for right up until the last couple weeks.

Reply/Quote