Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
9-8
In some ways, the season was eerily similar to 2021 although Joe stayed healthy all the way (I think) in that one. He had a bad game in Chicago early in the year, and then later in the year the Bengals played poorly against the Chargers and the 49ers. And also, the Browns beat the Bengals bad in PBS (not Paycor yet) early in the year. Luck was on the Bengal's side though because half the Ravens team got hurt, and Ben Roethlisberger played one year too many for the Steelers. From the KC December game on though it was an absolute delight to experience.

This year, a win in either of the games against the Steelers could have nudged the Bengals into the playoffs, but luck was definitely not on their side.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d have much rather played for picks. It’s just a moral victory that doesn’t do much of anything

(01-07-2024, 08:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I did not either

However you either want to be good and make playoffs or bad and get a good draft pick. Mediocre is the worst place to be…

I really don't understand this mentality. The Steelers and Ravens are competitive every year despite constantly drafting in the 20's.

It's better to build a winning culture and just draft well, rather than tanking every time things don't go exactly your way.

(01-07-2024, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Going off the top of my head here.

Burrow's been hurt 2 of his 4 seasons

In both those seasons, the team had a better record without Burrow

Interesting. People will read this as a shot at Burrow. I read it as a compliment to Coach Taylor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Going off the top of my head here.

Burrow's been hurt 2 of his 4 seasons

In both those seasons, the team had a better record without Burrow

My wife called him "Boo-boo Burrow" because he's always getting hurt. I'm glad they beat the Vikings since she's from Minnesota lol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If fans are supposed to eat crow on Browning, ZT should have a plate too, that's all I'm saying. 

I don't have to eat from that plate, I called it. I said give him some reps with the starters and he would surprise people. He did. And it shouldn't have been hard for people to see that with his pedigree. I think what it came down to with the coaches is they felt an 80% Burrow was better than a 100% Browning. Taylor is not the only coach to have this happen, it happened with Brady all the way through Purdy. Sometimes the guy coming off teh bench has put his work in and shines.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If fans are supposed to eat crow on Browning, ZT should have a plate too, that's all I'm saying. 

The problem we don't know who should eat crow for start season,  what did Burrow say, or medical staff or ownership or coaches, I say spread the crow, positive we should take, Browning is very likely a better option than a Burrow playing injuried
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't have to eat from that plate, I called it. I said give him some reps with the starters and he would surprise people. He did. And it shouldn't have been hard for people to see that with his pedigree. I think what it came down to with the coaches is they felt an 80% Burrow was better than a 100% Browning. Taylor is not the only coach to have this happen, it happened with Brady all the way through Purdy. Sometimes the guy coming off teh bench has put his work in and shines.

If Burrow was at 80% in week 1, I'm 80% of Ryan Reynolds.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow was at 80% in week 1, I'm 80% of Ryan Reynolds.

Well whatever the percentage, the point remains they felt Burrow gave us the best chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well whatever the percentage, the point remains they felt Burrow gave us the best chance to win.

Burrow looked like he had never played football before, and Browning turned out to be really good. How can I give you credit for believing in Browning without being critical of ZT for thinking Burrow in that state was the right call for week 1 over Browning with the entire pre-season behind him?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many thought sitting 5-5 no Burrow with the tough schedule facing us we would go 4-3 and a winning record,  I did not. Who dey

I didn't either, thought we were going to win like 1 game. Lots of fight in Zac's teams in December though and Browning played pretty damn 
good besides the interceptions. We had a real shot to make the Playoffs and nearly beat the Chiefs in their place if we would of had a better 
2nd half against them and stopped the run better. Who Dey!!! 

Who Dey
Reply/Quote