Williams WR
Robinson OT
Thomas DE
Barnett DE
Foster LB
Peppers S
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah love hooker hes a legit fs while Williams and iloka are ss if we don't get hooker Williams is my pick next to aj green. I know we have other needs but that sets us up with 2   number 1recievers for another 5-6 year super bowl window. especially with an imact edge rusher in the second. or lb

Honestly as long as we dont go cb or ot in first i will be happy.We really need to hit a homerun with our first 2 picks.our 2nd rounder is pretty much a late first rounder so we should be able to do work with the first 3 rounds.how about hooker at 9 and malik mcdowell in the 2nd.that would def be a talent infusion we need.No projects!.....the window is closing fast.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

If we pick one of these guys I will be very happy after round one

1- Malik Hooker S - Ed Reed in stripes cannot pass this guy up even if i don't find Safety to be as big a hole as others = BPA
2- Myles Garrett DE - Need that pass rusher outside of Dunlap and Atkins
3- Mike Williams WR - Au165 talked him up pretty high and if we take a wideout he better be polished. Clemson WR's be good.
4- Dalvin Cook RB - Like this guy better than Fournette
5- Derek Barnett - Pass rusher
6- Zach Cunningham LB - Versatile athletic LB that can cover
7- Johnathan Allen DE - Pass rusher
8- Rueben Foster LB - Nice thumper with some athleticism, better at covering than Dansby
9- Jamal Adams S - Nice Safety that can hit and cover

Just not all that high on Fournette. Took Cam Robinson off my list cause i am hoping we bring back Whit and draft a raw, talented OT in the mid rounds and coach him up with a new O-line coach. This would make everything better including our draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just not all that high on Fournette and Mike Williams is slower than Cody Core.

Mike Williams is projected to run a slightly faster 40 time than Cody Core, which both times are faster than AJ Green. Mike Williams has ball skills similar to AJ Green though which is where his value comes form. Everything isn't run fast and be tall, there is plenty of skill required to play WR and he has it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mike Williams is projected to run a slightly faster 40 time than Cody Core, which both times are faster than AJ Green. Mike Williams has ball skills similar to AJ Green though which is where his value comes form. Everything isn't run fast and be tall, there is plenty of skill required to play WR and he has it.

Cool, heard he wasn't that fast. Good Stuff on Mikey. Boldin was never fast and we all saw what he did in his career.

But then there is Treadwell in Minnesota that did nothing more than Core with more snaps last season.

I like Mike though and would be fine with the pick especially if we let Lafell go somewhere else.

I might have to move him up my list.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah love hooker hes a legit fs while Williams and iloka are ss if we don't get hooker Williams is my pick next to aj green. I know we have other needs but that sets us up with 2   number 1recievers for another 5-6 year super bowl window. especially with an imact edge rusher in the second. or lb

Hooker at FS would allow us to move Williams to nickel linebacker, which solves our problems there as well.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:08 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Hooker at FS would allow us to move Williams to nickel linebacker, which solves our problems there as well.

Shawn plays well there too. Kill two birds.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:56 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Honestly as long as we dont go cb or ot in first i will be happy.We really need to hit a homerun with our first 2 picks.our 2nd rounder is pretty much a late first rounder so we should be able to do work with the first 3 rounds.how about hooker at 9 and malik mcdowell in the 2nd.that would def be a talent infusion we need.No projects!.....the window is closing fast.
I'm fine with hooker or Williams in first. How about instead of McDowell demarcus Walker in second?
(01-06-2017, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, heard he wasn't that fast. Good Stuff on Mikey. Boldin was never fast and we all saw what he did in his career.

But then there is Treadwell in Minnesota that did nothing more than Core with more snaps last season.

I like Mike though and would be fine with the pick especially if we let Lafell go somewhere else.

Yeah but in Minnesota they barely throw as wellntheyre not built to pass a lot. It's basically diggs.
(01-06-2017, 05:08 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Hooker at FS would allow us to move Williams to nickel linebacker, which solves our problems there as well.

Never thought about that sweet.
Reply/Quote
Need to draft a center or sign one in free agency

we badly need an edge rusher.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 07:33 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Need to draft a center or sign one in free agency

we badly need an edge rusher.

The basics, damn rights.

Just those two moves would make this team much better.

Plus hire a new O-line coach. I just always have to add this, it must be said.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, heard he wasn't that fast. Good Stuff on Mikey. Boldin was never fast and we all saw what he did in his career.

I like Mike Williams, a lot.  However, the team may be just fine at WR.  Since injuries forced their hand into activating Cody Core, in just two games he went from looking like a guy lost on the inactive list, to the guy who backed up Treadwell and showed no letdown in production while Treadwell was out with the knee.  Aside from that we have Tyler Boyd, while he didn't put up great stats in the WR1 slot, he gained valuable experience and built some time with QB Andy Dalton.  You add in LaFell, who looked just fine this season, we have a great cast of supporting receivers, for when AJ Green comes back healthy next season.  I see the team making a moderate attempt to keep LaFell on the roster for at least another season.

I am, at this point more concerned with RB, and to a slightly lesser degree TE, as far as offensive weapon needs in this draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like Mike Williams, a lot.  However, the team may be just fine at WR.  Since injuries forced their hand into activating Cody Core, in just two games he went from looking like a guy lost on the inactive list, to the guy who backed up Treadwell and showed no letdown in production while Treadwell was out with the knee.  Aside from that we have Tyler Boyd, while he didn't put up great stats in the WR1 slot, he gained valuable experience and built some time with QB Andy Dalton.  You add in LaFell, who looked just fine this season, we have a great cast of supporting receivers, for when AJ Green comes back healthy next season.  I see the team making a moderate attempt to keep LaFell on the roster for at least another season.

I am, at this point more concerned with RB, and to a slightly lesser degree TE, as far as offensive weapon needs in this draft.
core looked lost in route running he left 100 yards on the field against the Texans due to poor route running. I like core but dont see him as more than a 3/4 also I think Williams is the most complete receiver since green Julio draft. In addition Williams is a legit number 1 so if aj goes down with injury it wouldn't hurt our offense one bit bc Williams could slide into the 1 spot core takes over 2 and it goes on. Another interesting factor is by the time Williams rookie deal would be over green would be 34. I think Williams is the bpa no matter who is left outside of Garrett and Allen who will be going 1 and 2. I think we should take a chance on mixon who has first round grade but may go undrafted we can get him in the 4th most likely. I was never impressed with lafell. Gave up on plays to easily. But to have williams(comparable to Keenan Allen) next to aj green for the next 5 years with aj in his prime is almost impossible to pass up.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: core looked lost in route running he left 100 yards on the field against the Texans due to poor route running. I like core but dont see him as more than a 3/4 also I think Williams is the most complete receiver since green Julio draft. In addition Williams is a legit number 1 so if aj goes down with injury it wouldn't hurt our offense one bit bc Williams could slide into the 1 spot core takes over 2 and it goes on. Another interesting factor is by the time Williams rookie deal would be over green would be 34. I think Williams is the bpa no matter who is left outside of Garrett and Allen who will be going 1 and 2. I think we should take a chance on mixon who has first round grade but may go undrafted we can get him in the 4th most likely. I was never impressed with lafell. Gave up on plays to easily. But to have williams(comparable to Keenan Allen) next to aj green for the next 5 years with aj in his prime is almost impossible to pass up.

Look man, Core progressed from looking completely lost in his 1st NFL action in Houston, to looking like a guy that had been active all season long, in the span of 1 week.  If you can't see that he is good, go back and watch his college stuff, while Treadwell was injured last year.  Mike Williams is a great WR, will likely be a star for 10 years plus, but the Bengals could benefit more by going another position direction.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look man, Core progressed from looking completely lost in his 1st NFL action in Houston, to looking like a guy that had been active all season long, in the span of 1 week.  If you can't see that he is good, go back and watch his college stuff, while Treadwell was injured last year.  Mike Williams is a great WR, will likely be a star for 10 years plus, but the Bengals could benefit more by going another position direction.
I agree he looked good. I loved the pick when we drafted him. I don't know maybe it's just the thought of having 2 number 1s as opposed to a 1 and a 2. I hope core works out. It depends all on how the Bengals view the offense. If they view it as solid then my next pick would be hooker. If they don't think it's solid then Williams is the way to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree he looked good. I loved the pick when we drafted him. I don't know maybe it's just the thought of having 2 number 1s as opposed to a 1 and a 2. I hope core works out. It depends all on how the Bengals view the offense. If they view it as solid then my next pick would be hooker. If they don't think it's solid then Williams is the way to go.

You should get used to disappointment.  Every year, the board comes up with the best plan for the team, and then the team does stupid moves that cannot be explained with any logical reason.. Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You should get used to disappointment.  Every year, the board comes up with the best plan for the team, and then the team does stupid moves that cannot be explained with any logical reason.. Ninja

so on that logic jw what this year's stupid decision would be? And idea? And yeah have realized that in recent years.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You should get used to disappointment.  Every year, the board comes up with the best plan for the team, and then the team does stupid moves that cannot be explained with any logical reason.. Ninja

Painful to read but true.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:31 PM)Jpoore Wrote: so on that logic jw what this year's stupid decision would be? And idea? And yeah have realized that in recent years.

Well see, that's the thing here.  Nobody knows what stupid decision the team is going be, until it happens.  Inevitably, without fail, it always happens.  Could be letting a key player exit the team (Reggie Nelson last year), or drafting stupid prospects that we don't need (see Ogbuehi and Fisher selections of 15' draft), or could be as simple as not signing a free agent that could do the team a world of good. (insert infinite number of choices here).

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like Mike Williams, a lot.  However, the team may be just fine at WR.  Since injuries forced their hand into activating Cody Core, in just two games he went from looking like a guy lost on the inactive list, to the guy who backed up Treadwell and showed no letdown in production while Treadwell was out with the knee.  Aside from that we have Tyler Boyd, while he didn't put up great stats in the WR1 slot, he gained valuable experience and built some time with QB Andy Dalton.  You add in LaFell, who looked just fine this season, we have a great cast of supporting receivers, for when AJ Green comes back healthy next season.  I see the team making a moderate attempt to keep LaFell on the roster for at least another season.

Great post Sunset, i agree with this. WR is not a hole especially if we bring back Lafell.

I think Core could be very special.

As long as we get the O-line shored up i think the Offense will be good next year.

Need to bring back Rex though or draft a versatile back cause like you said, RB is a concern with Gio's injury
and Hill's confused identity. Lets get that Roberts TE out of Toledo like you said in case Eifert is never the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post Sunset, i agree with this. WR is not a hole especially if we bring back Lafell.

I think Core could be very special.

As long as we get the O-line shored up i think the Offense will be good next year.

Need to bring back Rex though or draft a versatile back cause like you said, RB is a concern with Gio's injury
and Hill's confused identity. Lets get that Roberts TE out of Toledo like you said in case Eifert is never the same.

I really like Joe mixon he's a top 20 talent that can be had in 4th or 5th he's not as big as Henry but he's got that kinds of frame. Oh and he's got better hands than any of our rbs. One handed catches all over the place.
Reply/Quote