Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 favorites for first round
(01-07-2017, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post Sunset, i agree with this. WR is not a hole especially if we bring back Lafell.

I think Core could be very special.

As long as we get the O-line shored up i think the Offense will be good next year.

Need to bring back Rex though or draft a versatile back cause like you said, RB is a concern with Gio's injury
and Hill's confused identity. Lets get that Roberts TE out of Toledo like you said in case Eifert is never the same.

With 800+ receiving yards and 6 Td's, LaFell will likely fetch more than the Bengals can afford on the open market, especially with Dre a top priority with the latest Jones drama.  I don't expect him back next year.

Boyd was pedestrian last year.  His 600+ receiving yards and 1 TD are disappointing, especially when you consider that both Green and Eifert missed significant time.

Core showed some flashes down the stretch, but you have to remember that teams didn't have much film on him.  How effective will he be as a regular contributor that teams can gameplan for?

At the end of the day, we were one of the worst scoring offenses in the league last year.  Core hasn't had a lot of opportunities in the red zone, and Boyd has been shown to be ineffective.  If Williams is the bpa, you have to consider him.  Green, Eifert, and Williams together would greatly improve our red zone offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Cook 
9 Lattimore

I literally typed two words.

Copypasta!!!!!!  Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: With 800+ receiving yards and 6 Td's, LaFell will likely fetch more than the Bengals can afford on the open market, especially with Dre a top priority with the latest Jones drama.  I don't expect him back next year.

Boyd was pedestrian last year.  His 600+ receiving yards and 1 TD are disappointing, especially when you consider that both Green and Eifert missed significant time.

Core showed some flashes down the stretch, but you have to remember that teams didn't have much film on him.  How effective will he be as a regular contributor that teams can gameplan for?

At the end of the day, we were one of the worst scoring offenses in the league last year.  Core hasn't had a lot of opportunities in the red zone, and Boyd has been shown to be ineffective.  If Williams is the bpa, you have to consider him.  Green, Eifert, and Williams together would greatly improve our red zone offense.

Boyd is just a slot and generally our 4th option as a 4th option he did a lot better than sanu did. That said love Williams on our team.
Reply/Quote
1. Myles Garrett - Obviously won't be available but no doubt he should be about any teams #1 option on their board.

2. Mike Williams - I always tend to overrate WR's and want one early every year so most people won't agree with having him this high and that's okay with me. I just think pairing AJ, Williams, and Boyd could really take this Offense to another level.

3. Reuben Foster - Linebacker was finally exposed as a serious weakness this year. Mauluaga is basically done here while Burfict can't be counted on and Vinny Rey should be a special team and backup. Foster is a three down linebacker with Luke Kuechly instincts. Foster and Williams are by far my two most realistic options for this team and I would be ecstatic with either one.

4. Cam Robinson - Off field issues are a concern but talent wise this kid is the real deal. A starting left tackle at Alabama since he was a True Freshman. That says a lot. Ogbuehi is a bust at Tackle and while Fisher showed some flashes we still aren't sure exactly what we have in him either. Robinson would be a good pickup if we miss on Foster or Williams to fit a need with major talent.

5. Malik Hooker - I don't see this one happening just because the stupid decision to pay Shawn Williams in the offseason before seeing him play the season at Safety. However, Hooker draws well deserved comparisons to Ed Reed and having that type of talent in your secondary could be a game changer.

6. Jon Allen - Listed as a Defensive End in a 3-4 but likely would be a Defensive Tackle in our scheme. He is only 6-3 as well so that doesn't fit the bill as a DE for the Bengals. The talent is undeniable though and if he fell to #9 he would likely be the pick regardless of scheme/position fit.

7. Jamal Adams - Also a Safety so I don't see it happening but he would be a huge upgrade over Williams.

8. Derek Barnett - Doesn't really fit the size description of a Bengals DE but it is hard to argue with his production the last couple of seasons. We need another pass rusher at DE opposite of Dunlap and he may end up being BPA when we select.

9. Dalvin Cook - Most people love Fournette and he is a really good back but I just happen to prefer Cook a little more. Doesn't have the size that Fournette does but he is very explosive and dynamic out of the backfield.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I really like Joe mixon he's a top 20 talent that can be had in 4th or 5th he's not as big as Henry but he's got that kinds of frame. Oh and he's got better hands than any of our rbs. One handed catches all over the place.

Yeah, want Mixon in the mid rounds for sure.

Great hands like you said and he is a playmaker who is great in space.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: With 800+ receiving yards and 6 Td's, LaFell will likely fetch more than the Bengals can afford on the open market, especially with Dre a top priority with the latest Jones drama.  I don't expect him back next year.

From everything i heard Lafell wants to come back here, we want him back and we are willing to pay him.

Boyd may not of been great but he was solid for a rookie Slot receiver and he led all rookie WR's in 3rd down catches i am pretty sure.

True on Core and we should consider Mike if he is there. But the trenches is where we should focus more this offseason on Offense.

We give Dalton time and a running game and we will be much better on Offense than just adding another weapon Dalton can't get the ball to.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Malik Hooker S
3 John Allen DE
4 Marlon Humphties CB
5 Jabrill Peppers LB
6 Teez Tabor CB
7 Leonard Fournette RB
8. Rueban Foster LB
9. Corey Davis WR

Glad im not the only one who values Corey Davis over Mike Williams
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:55 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Glad im not the only one who values Corey Davis over Mike Williams

I'm leaning that way too. He just looks special.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'm leaning that way too. He just looks special.  

I liked davis better than I thought 
I would but drops are a tad concerning. If we stay in top 10 I think Williams is the better prospect as far as franchise changing wr. If we trade down to teens then take Davis.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:55 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Glad im not the only one who values Corey Davis over Mike Williams

(01-09-2017, 06:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'm leaning that way too. He just looks special.  

(01-09-2017, 06:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I liked davis better than I thought 
I would but drops are a tad concerning. If we stay in top 10 I think Williams is the better prospect as far as franchise changing wr. If we trade down to teens then take Davis.

I need to see more of Corey Davis...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I need to see more of Corey Davis...

my problem with him is I can't really Watch a lot of his tape due to fact he's playing against defenders that wouldn't even be on the team of any power 5 schools. So been watching the big games closely like Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. He drops a few balls which is a tad concerning but they're also force feeding him so not to horrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: my problem with him is I can't really Watch a lot of his tape due to fact he's playing against defenders that wouldn't even be on the team of any power 5 schools. So been watching the big games closely like Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. He drops a few balls which is a tad concerning but they're also force feeding him so not to horrible.

Same was said of Randy Moss at Marshall
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: my problem with him is I can't really Watch a lot of his tape due to fact he's playing against defenders that wouldn't even be on the team of any power 5 schools. So been watching the big games closely like Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. He drops a few balls which is a tad concerning but they're also force feeding him so not to horrible.

Yeah, small school and the drops are the concerns with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:38 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Same was said of Randy Moss at Marshall

Jerry Rice was from a small school too.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, small school and the drops are the concerns with him.

really looking forward to senior bowl to see how he does. He looked good against Wisc. Still like Williams mkrs as of now though 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From everything i heard Lafell wants to come back here, we want him back and we are willing to pay him.

Boyd may not of been great but he was solid for a rookie Slot receiver and he led all rookie WR's in 3rd down catches i am pretty sure.

True on Core and we should consider Mike if he is there. But the trenches is where we should focus more this offseason on Offense.

We give Dalton time and a running game and we will be much better on Offense than just adding another weapon Dalton can't get the ball to.

Yes and no.  Look at the Seattle-Detroit game.  The Lions OL played very well, but the offense was terrible because guys couldn't get open.  While you can't cover forever, against a talented front seven, you can't block forever, either.  While the OL needs improvement, better skill players can help compensate for those weak links.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yes and no.  Look at the Seattle-Detroit game.  The Lions OL played very well, but the offense was terrible because guys couldn't get open.  While you can't cover forever, against a talented front seven, you can't block forever, either.  While the OL needs improvement, better skill players can help compensate for those weak links.  

That is true.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 08:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: core looked lost in route running he left 100 yards on the field against the Texans due to poor route running. I like core but dont see him as more than a 3/4 also I think Williams is the most complete receiver since green Julio draft. In addition Williams is a legit number 1 so if aj goes down with injury it wouldn't hurt our offense one bit bc Williams could slide into the 1 spot core takes over 2 and it goes on. Another interesting factor is by the time Williams rookie deal would be over green would be 34. I think Williams is the bpa no matter who is left outside of Garrett and Allen who will be going 1 and 2. I think we should take a chance on mixon who has first round grade but may go undrafted we can get him in the 4th most likely. I was never impressed with lafell. Gave up on plays to easily. But to have williams(comparable to Keenan Allen) next to aj green for the next 5 years with aj in his prime is almost impossible to pass up.

I'd take Amari Cooper over Wlliams. 
Reply/Quote
1. Reuben Foster
2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Jamal Adams
5. Dalvin Cook
6. Teez Tabor
7. Zach Cunningham
8. Cam Robinson
9. Solomon Thomas

6-9 could be put in any order and I tried to be realistic about it. Allen and Garrett won't be there when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:38 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Same was said of Randy Moss at Marshall

Moss was a bit different in that he was very highly recruited, but after getting kicked out of ND and FSU his last resort was to go to a small school. People knew he could ball, they were concerned that he might not stay out of trouble long enough to stay on the field.
Reply/Quote