2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Jamal Adams
5. Dalvin Cook
6. Teez Tabor
7. Zach Cunningham
8. Cam Robinson
9. Solomon Thomas

6-9 could be put in any order and I tried to be realistic about it. Allen and Garrett won't be there when we pick.

And you think Malik Hooker will be?

Some have had him as a top 3 pick.
Reply/Quote
Foster, I think. Maybe Peppers, but I'm skeptical at 9. I think there's a chance he falls to the early second round, though.
Reply/Quote
1. Derek Barnett, DE
2. Malik Hooker, S
3. Reuben Foster, LB
4. Mike Williams, WR
5. Malik McDowell, DT
6. Zach Cunningham, LB
7. Taco Charlton, DE/DT
8. Charles Harris, DE
9. Sidney Jones, CB

I have a CB? Really?

Yes. Because Sidney Jones is a VERY good prospect. I have him as my #1 CB and think he will be a shut down corner in the NFL.

However, I obviously see the bigger picture and we don't need a cornerback at this moment. But we may have to see this as a possibility depending on free agency and Jones' legal issue.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And you think Malik Hooker will be?

Some have had him as a top 3 pick.

Some have Hooker as low as the 20's, too.  Opinions are divided on him.  Personally, Hooker has a higher ceiling, but a lower floor, while Adams is one of the safest picks in the draft.  In either case, S in the top 3 picks is a tough sell.  I'd be fine with either at 9, but I like Hooker more due to that upside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Garrett
2. Allen
3. Foster
4. Hooker
5. Robinson
6. Thomas
7. Charlton(Just you wait...)
8. Barnett
9. Williams

Fournette or Cook wouldn't disappoint me and would be top 12 on my list.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S

8 Leonard Fournette RB 
9 Zach Cunningham LB

If we pick one of these guys I will be very happy after round one

I'm not up for drafting injured players anywhere in the 1st round. Fournette is no Zek and our OL just doesn't open any holes. A guy like Fournette just won't have any room to run.

I like a lot of these players though.

Reply/Quote
Solomon Thomas DE Stanford 6-2 275
Reuben Foster ILB Alabama 6-1 236
Derek Barnett DE Tennessee 6-3 265
Jamal Adams SS LSU 6-0 211
Jabrill Peppers SS Michigan 6-0 205
Malik Hooker FS Ohio State 6-2 205
Teez Tabor CB Florida 6-0 201
Dalvin Cook RB Florida State 5-11 206
Mike Williams WR Clemson 6-3 225

Unless we trade down, that's pretty much what my Big Board for the first round would look like. I'd prioritize Solomon Thomas because I think he could be even better than Geno, and because our DLine needs a guy who can get pressure on the QB. Thomas can play inside or outside, and we know how much Marvin likes that in a DLineman.

Foster is a frog's hair behind Thomas. He's going to be a force in the NFL. Unless Solomon is there, he's my guy over Barnett.

My next 3 are Safeties. I love how Adams and Peppers play the ball in the run game. Hooker's better in coverage. I'd be ok with any of the 3.

Tabor would be a smart pick if we lose Pacman. I don't think we will though.

Dalvin Cook is my top candidate if we take an offensive player in Round 1. We don't know if Gio's coming back or when. Williams is the top WR in the draft, so he's the only one worth the #9 pick.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Love the list but would swap Dalvin Cook for Fournette.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:31 PM)Jpoore Wrote: so on that logic jw what this year's stupid decision would be? And idea? And yeah have realized that in recent years.

They have already pulled trigger on one by not promoting Marvin, hiring Joseph, and firing PA. 

Next move will probably be letting Zeitler and Whit walk over pennies and then drafting a project player in the first. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look man, Core progressed from looking completely lost in his 1st NFL action in Houston, to looking like a guy that had been active all season long, in the span of 1 week.  If you can't see that he is good, go back and watch his college stuff, while Treadwell was injured last year.  Mike Williams is a great WR, will likely be a star for 10 years plus, but the Bengals could benefit more by going another position direction.

Amen!! Core might have started off slow, but most rookies do. With another season under his belt his production should see an increase, same as Boyd who played very well considering he was the 3 and sometimes 4th option most of the season. I get that Mike Williams could be a good one, but wasn't Treadwell supposed to be the best WR this past year and yet his teammate a 6th rounder out produced him in only a few games. WR is not a need this year, I'm ok if we grab a good one sometime in the draft, but the first few picks need to be on dline, lb, and oline if they are not fixed in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Not trying to argue with anyone but I took the original post to mean that we should come up with a top 9 big board. Regardless if you think the prospect will last or not he is still going to be on that big board to start the draft so that is the reason people are including Garrett, Allen, Adams, Hooker and anybody else. Also, the draft can be crazy. What if QB's jump up to high priority like they did last year and many other drafts and then all of a sudden you have three of them selected right away at the top of the draft. Not knowing what someone else will value you scout everybody when you have pick #9 that is a position of need/talent. Obviously I don't think the Bengals are going to spend much if any time on Trubisky, Watson, Kaaya or any of the other highly rated QB's because they like what they have in Dalton and he isn't going anywhere. Beyond those guys though it would be silly for the Bengals not to scout the most talented 9 guys they are interested in regardless what mock drafts are saying.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 04:17 AM)Shady Wrote: Solomon Thomas DE Stanford 6-2 275
Reuben Foster ILB Alabama 6-1 236
Derek Barnett DE Tennessee 6-3 265
Jamal Adams SS LSU 6-0 211
Jabrill Peppers SS Michigan 6-0 205
Malik Hooker FS Ohio State 6-2 205
Teez Tabor CB Florida 6-0 201
Dalvin Cook RB Florida State 5-11 206
Mike Williams WR Clemson 6-3 225

Unless we trade down, that's pretty much what my Big Board for the first round would look like. I'd prioritize Solomon Thomas because I think he could be even better than Geno, and because our DLine needs a guy who can get pressure on the QB. Thomas can play inside or outside, and we know how much Marvin likes that in a DLineman.

Foster is a frog's hair behind Thomas. He's going to be a force in the NFL. Unless Solomon is there, he's my guy over Barnett.

My next 3 are Safeties. I love how Adams and Peppers play the ball in the run game. Hooker's better in coverage. I'd be ok with any of the 3.  

Tabor would be a smart pick if we lose Pacman. I don't think we will though.

Dalvin Cook is my top candidate if we take an offensive player in Round 1. We don't know if Gio's coming back or when.  Williams is the top WR in the draft, so he's the only one worth the #9 pick.
If we could I'd trade back, draft Thomas and then try to get Zach Cunningham in the second, that would be a nice haul if we can't land a guy like Jonathan Allen or Foster at 9.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:10 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Not trying to argue with anyone but I took the original post to mean that we should come up with a top 9 big board. Regardless if you think the prospect will last or not he is still going to be on that big board to start the draft so that is the reason people are including Garrett, Allen, Adams, Hooker and anybody else. Also, the draft can be crazy. What if QB's jump up to high priority like they did last year and many other drafts and then all of a sudden you have three of them selected right away at the top of the draft. Not knowing what someone else will value you scout everybody when you have pick #9 that is a position of need/talent. Obviously I don't think the Bengals are going to spend much if any time on Trubisky, Watson, Kaaya or any of the other highly rated QB's because they like what they have in Dalton and he isn't going anywhere. Beyond those guys though it would be silly for the Bengals not to scout the most talented 9 guys they are interested in regardless what mock drafts are saying.

Yeah that was the idea, obviously Garrett probably won't be there at 9, but the point is to pick the 9 best players in the draft (for the Bengals). Since we pick 9th, worst case scenario, one player from everyone's list will be available when we select (and likely more than one with QB's and surprise top 8 picks pushing guys down to us).
Reply/Quote
1 Myles Garrett DE (havent done any research on him just trusting consensus opinion, which is often a bad idea)
2 Jonathan Allen DE
3 Solomon Thomas DE
4 Cam Robinson OT
5 Charles Harris DE
6 Derek Barnett DE
7 Mike Williams WR
8 Corey Davis WR
9 Malik Hooker S
Reply/Quote
Seems impossible not to get a very good player at a position of need. WTS, we'll draft a CB who won't play for two years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:35 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Assuming that Fournette's ankle check out fine, you really can't go wrong with either one. That being said, I think that a new RB wouldn't really fix the problems with the running game.

Ki-Jana Carter and Kenny Irons don't like this post...but I get what you are saying.  

We didn't think replacing Ogbuehi with Fisher would have the impact that it did, and in truth, we don't know what a Delvin Cook replacing a Jeremy Hill would do...but after what I saw from Sexy (My name for Rex Burkhead) in week 17, and what teams that can run the ball traditionally do in the postseason, I know it is FAR too important a position group to ignore. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The idea is simple, we pick 9th so give me your 9 favorite prospects for us to draft (meaning as long as we stay put at #9 one is guaranteed to be available when we're on the clock). This is for the first 9 players you would like to see in stripes based on skill, position, need, etc, not a big board of all consensus top 9 players. I'll start...

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Cam Robinson OT
3 John Allen DE
4 mike Williams WR
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Rueben Foster LB
7 Malik Hooker S
8 Leonard Fournette RB
9 Zach Cunningham LB

If we pick one of these guys I will be very happy after round one

It's early, but I will definitely play along.  I like your list, but I have moved up some players and moved down some others on my big board.  I currently have only ranked a top 50 players, but the list is very fluid as I do background checks, talk to coaches, teammates, etc.  I will list only my top 9 players for the Bengals (No QBs)

Yes, I take this stuff very serious and I do send my stuff to the Bengals each year.  Don't laugh, I have a list compiled of guys I recommended that they ended up drafting with some pretty impressive names.  The first three rounds anyone can do by just reading a magazine or two, but some of my gems included Geno Atkins and TJ Houshmanzadeh.  Last year, I had Cody Core and Fej on my list for them.  

Here is my top 9:

Myles Garrett, DE
Jonathon Allen, DE
Dalvin Cook, RB
Derek Barnett, DE
Malik Hooker, S
Desmond King, CB
Tim Williams, DE
Charles Harris, DE
Cam Robinson, OT

With as many as three QBs going in the top 10, overvalued WRs that dominated college competition but will struggle to get separation against NFL DBs, and the natural emphasis on the offensive line, I could see a good number of these guys available at #9, but more importantly, available around #17 where I could see the Bengals sliding and picking up an extra pick or two.  

Again, I will place the condition on this list that Whitworth is re-signed, along with Dre Kirkpatrick.  The only CB I would take even if Dre were signed in Rd 1 is Desmond King.  I want nothing to do with Teez Tabor in the first round.  Too much risk.  I want top notch guys with the club-option fifth year.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: They have already pulled trigger on one by not promoting Marvin, hiring Joseph, and firing PA. 

Next move will probably be letting Zeitler and Whit walk over pennies and then drafting a project player in the first. 

GC, I get the frustration and sarcasm, but the players that we lost didn't walk over money, right?  It was for a variety of reasons, but I don't think there are many cases where the Bengals haven't paid well on the second contract to keep their top talent. 

I also believe the Bengals are one of the only teams that would have honored the near $9 million price tag of Leon Hall's final year, but they are one team that truly honors the contracts that almost every other team in the NFL wouldn't.  You could call them stupid for that, but I think it would make them MORE attractive to their players considering FA elsewhere...look at how things worked out for MJ.  We don't know how things will work out for Marvin Jones.

You can call them a lot of things, but when it comes to their players contracts, I don't think you can call them cheap (not that you did).
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 12:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Some have Hooker as low as the 20's, too.  Opinions are divided on him.  Personally, Hooker has a higher ceiling, but a lower floor, while Adams is one of the safest picks in the draft.  In either case, S in the top 3 picks is a tough sell.  I'd be fine with either at 9, but I like Hooker more due to that upside.

Still early but i have a hard time seeing Hooker falling out of the top 10.

This dude will be very good in the NFL and possibly an Ed Reed type with his ability to pick the ball off and run.

Big play Safety and the only reason i would go this route BPA if the best pass rushers are gone.

Solomon Thomas is rising up my board tho.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes you do what you have to. I think the truth that we're all skirting right now is the fact that offensive tackle is probably the biggest need on this roster. Yes, I know we drafted two, but as of now they are righteous trash. Fisher's main virtue so far is that he didn't bottom out immediately when given a chance like Ogbuehi. Then he got hurt.

Our other option is a likely very expensive stud veteran who's on the back end of his career. In two years, three max, he's out of the picture regardless of whether he remains a Bengal or not.

This team's problems up front on offense cost them as many games as the kicking situation. They were painful to watch, and they're one injury to injury-prone Fisher away from standing Ced right back out there at RT. They have to find a solution.

I see no way that they can pick anyone but Cam Robinson at this point. He's the big SEC OT that the Bengals traditionally have had success with. He also has the ability to be the heir apparent to Whit on the left side when he's done.

There are lots of players I'd love to have other than an OT. Williams, Cook, Hooker, Adams, all of these guys would be a blast to watch. Unfortunately drafting any of them will do little to improve the team's fortunes if they continue to line incompetent ******** up at RT and C.
Reply/Quote