Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Agrees To Extension
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/642386506724843520

4 years 60 million extension
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/642386506724843520

4 years 60 million extension

I worry as these things sometimes are not done deals

But, I am hopeful it is a done deal so we can move on to a few others possibly like IIoka, Jones and Sanu to name a few.

The Bengals FO has been great taking care of their studs and it appears one more time it is done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I applaud our front office.

Onto Iloka.
Reply/Quote
One good thing done.
Reply/Quote
15 mil a year is a good deal for Green.
Reply/Quote
Great news. Took a bit longer than I expected, but happy about it nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
AJ now becomes by far the higest paid Bengal in 2015.

He deserves it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That's awesome!!! Now we know we have him for a few years yet and don't have to worry for a while. ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet "#Bengals wanted a deal done before Sunday. They stepped up with significant first-year money to make up for not guaranteeing as much"
Reply/Quote
Sounds like another smart Bengals deal. Heavily front loaded so better salary cap structure over the length. Will be a true 4-year contract and not one where the player needs to be cut after 2 years to avoid a monster cap hit.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:28 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet "#Bengals wanted a deal done before Sunday. They stepped up with significant first-year money to make up for not guaranteeing as much"

So he won't hit the cap as hard in future years? That's a good thing considering we will need to sign some important pieces during the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Hes earned it.... Glad thats out of the way... Now we can refocus on others in need.
Reply/Quote
Good, now go out and play like you deserved every penny plus more.
Reply/Quote
He's the best player on the team and deserves every penny. Well done Mikey boy.
Reply/Quote
15 per year is only behind Megatron, which I seriously commend our front office for making it happen!!

I was so afraid that we'd low ball him or screw it up somehow, but it was stupid of me to doubt the front office because they've been taking care of business for a while now!!

Hats off to Katie, Mike, Troy, or anyone else who had a part in getting it done!!

He's going to come out and have his best year yet!!

There's a playoff win on the horizon!!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AJ now becomes by far the higest paid Bengal in 2015.

He deserves it.

Don't quote me on this, but I thought he already was.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Because it's an Extension does that mean he's only going to average 12 mil a year considering it counts this year too?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So he won't hit the cap as hard in future years? That's a good thing considering we will need to sign some important pieces during the offseason.

Correct. Basically he's going to average $14.035 million a year (including 5th year option).
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So he won't hit the cap as hard in future years? That's a good thing considering we will need to sign some important pieces during the offseason.

Yeah we need to get Iloka done and at least one of the tackles hitting FA, and that could cost a bit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since this is a contract extension, this means we have him for 5 years, $70 million total now. I don't think that's too crazy for a player of his caliber. Good deal on both ends, I'd say.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Correct. Basically he's going to average $14.035 million a year (including 5th year option).

Awesome. That's an amazing deal then! I wonder what his guarantee money will be.
Reply/Quote