Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday
(01-12-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts on Saturday.

The fan base of the Cincinnati Bengals is going to expand exponentially when the entire nation sees this team in action in The Jungle with the best fans in all of the NFL in attendance.

With the exception of the Thursday Night game against Jacksonville the Bengals have not had the singular focus of the nation this season.  

On Saturday all that changes and, win or lose, the Bengals will entice a whole new generation of fans.  This will be the beginning of the Bengals becoming one of the few teams in the NFL with national fanbases like Dallas, Pittsburgh, or New England.  Soon you’re going to see kids wearing Joe Burrow or Ja’Marr Chase jerseys from Boston to Bakersfield.

This message board will soon gain new members as well.

Cincinnati is fun to watch.  Fans love that.  On offense and defense the Bengals feature playmakers at every level and on special teams Evan McPherson is a freak.  One bomb from Burrow to Chase, one pounding run by Joe Mixon, one crushing sack by Trey Hendrickson, and maybe an interception from Chidobe Awuzie will be all it takes.  

New fans will fall for this exciting young team.

What about fans from Australia?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: More international fans on this board would be cool. I know we have a few from Canada, a few from England, one from France and one from Austria.

There are a couple of Australian fans.
Reply/Quote
I will accept all new fans except former bandwagon Steelers fans. They can rot in hell with the rapist they cheered for previously.

Who Dey.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:22 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: There are a couple of Australian fans.

Oh yeah I knew that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I generally despise bandwagon fans of any sort, for any team…

but you know what? Bring ‘em on Cool lord knows this franchise needs a larger fanbase. Hopefully the Bengals of the 2020’s can bring about a “widespread, loyal” fanbase like the Steelers did in the 1970’s
Reply/Quote
The homer in me wants to yell, “Get off my porch!” But yes, would be nice to see more orange & black in the stands, both home and away.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts on Saturday.

The fan base of the Cincinnati Bengals is going to expand exponentially when the entire nation sees this team in action in The Jungle with the best fans in all of the NFL in attendance.

With the exception of the Thursday Night game against Jacksonville the Bengals have not had the singular focus of the nation this season.  

On Saturday all that changes and, win or lose, the Bengals will entice a whole new generation of fans.  This will be the beginning of the Bengals becoming one of the few teams in the NFL with national fanbases like Dallas, Pittsburgh, or New England.  Soon you’re going to see kids wearing Joe Burrow or Ja’Marr Chase jerseys from Boston to Bakersfield.

This message board will soon gain new members as well.

Cincinnati is fun to watch.  Fans love that.  On offense and defense the Bengals feature playmakers at every level and on special teams Evan McPherson is a freak.  One bomb from Burrow to Chase, one pounding run by Joe Mixon, one crushing sack by Trey Hendrickson, and maybe an interception from Chidobe Awuzie will be all it takes.  

New fans will fall for this exciting young team.

While I completely agree with this post and will welcome the new fans, there will be a minority of folks calling them all "bandwagon" fans and telling them to get off their lawn.  

I remember the scenes of the Cubs fans going crazy when they finally won a World Series.  I don't like the Cubs, or most of their fans, at all, but I couldn't help but be happy for them because that is what I envision when the Bengals win the Super Bowl.  This town, the tri-state, people all over the world will go absolutely crazy and it is a dream that I have played in my head many times.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The homer in me wants to yell, “Get off my porch!” But yes, would be nice to see more orange & black in the stands, both home and away.

I feel the same way. For decades people would laugh when I said I was a Bengals fan. I always told them it took character to be a Bengals fan, because anyone can root for a winner. Now we will be flooded with those who come in for the good times, without having suffered through the bad. I guess it will get up better tv slots and more coverage, so that's a good thing. 
Reply/Quote
It gets lonely at the top at times, some new friends are welcome.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We need to start a new Sub forum for new fans, where they will learn there is no S on Burrow, Uzomah is pronounced "You za ma", Chido is like Cheeto but with a D, etc. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I completely agree with this post and will welcome the new fans, there will be a minority of folks calling them all "bandwagon" fans and telling them to get off their lawn.  

I remember the scenes of the Cubs fans going crazy when they finally won a World Series.  I don't like the Cubs, or most of their fans, at all, but I couldn't help but be happy for them because that is what I envision when the Bengals win the Super Bowl.  This town, the tri-state, people all over the world will go absolutely crazy and it is a dream that I have played in my head many times.

Right on and I've decided to not use the term bandwagon and embrace anyone that wants to enjoy the ride. It's fun sharing the passion for the Bengals with people like everyone here, bring on new fans!

The Golden State Warriors era lead by Steph jumps out to me as the ultimate bandwagon team of recent memory and I don't have any problem with that happening. If Burrow and the team winning results in adding some fans then let's see it as simple fun.

I like knowing I'm not the only older dude still having these boyish dreams.
Reply/Quote
I remember when the 'Aint's won the Super Bowl. Never saw so much brand new Saints gear being worn in my life.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on and I've decided to not use the term bandwagon and embrace anyone that wants to enjoy the ride. It's fun sharing the passion for the Bengals with people like everyone here, bring on new fans!

The Golden State Warriors era lead by Steph jumps out to me as the ultimate bandwagon team of recent memory and I don't have any problem with that happening. If Burrow and the team winning results in adding some fans then let's see it as simple fun.

I like knowing I'm not the only older dude still having these boyish dreams.

This is a bit optimistic of me, but when Chad said he made it cool to be a Bengals fan, he was right.  They got lots of young fans from his play and that team's high-powered offenses.

Burrow and the boys are taking that to a much higher level and have the chance to grow the fan base on a national, hell...global level.  No one was a Pats fan outside of a few drunk Bostonians a few decades ago now they have a massive following.  Not saying the Bengals are the next Pats (although CJ would correct me and say "why not"), but you get what I am saying. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if Chad is even interested, but man it would be nice for the Front Office to get Chad on the payroll doing PR stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a bit optimistic of me, but when Chad said he made it cool to be a Bengals fan, he was right.  They got lots of young fans from his play and that team's high-powered offenses.

Burrow and the boys are taking that to a much higher level and have the chance to grow the fan base on a national, hell...global level.  No one was a Pats fan outside of a few drunk Bostonians a few decades ago now they have a massive following.  Not saying the Bengals are the next Pats (although CJ would correct me and say "why not"), but you get what I am saying. 

I think your reflection about Chad is right & I think Chad was right. When the Marvin Lewis coaching era was rolling with Palmer and guys like Chad I was still living in the Cincinnati area. I remember thinking how cool it was to see more people out and about at places like Kenwood or Tri-County Mall, the local Kroger, or at a Skyline wearing Chad Johnson jerseys. You just didn't see people outwardly wearing the gear as much throughout the '90s unless you were at a game (mind you, a game that likely didn't come close to selling out). People were excited that Marvin brought the Bengals back to a good place and Chad was part of that for making it cool to cheer for the Bengals.

What's sweet about your view, Burrow and the boys (Chase for sure) taking it next level, is I don't see anything from the press conferences that suggest Burrow and Chase even think about it like this. They are just young guys who enjoy football, understand they must work hard, they respect the professionalism of being a pro player, and they have that vibe about them that most of us here are feeling.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure if Chad is even interested, but man it would be nice for the Front Office to get Chad on the payroll doing PR stuff.

Cool idea and I agree. It would be sweet to see him with the team in an official capacity. PR, WR coach, or just as a random dude doing whatever haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Cool idea and I agree. It would be sweet to see him with the team in an official capacity. PR, WR coach, or just as a random dude doing whatever haha.

Sideline s*** talker.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I completely agree with this post and will welcome the new fans, there will be a minority of folks calling them all "bandwagon" fans and telling them to get off their lawn.  

True, but we already have people pondering what the Bengals should do in the offseason if we lose in the postseason, soooo ...

(01-13-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We need to start a new Sub forum for new fans, where they will learn there is no S on Burrow, Uzomah is pronounced "You za ma", Chido is like Cheeto but with a D, etc.  Hilarious

[Image: 5913c75a58cd2c4b38be1dd5a8abdc62.jpeg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: True, but we already have people pondering what the Bengals should do in the offseason if we lose in the postseason, soooo ...

[Image: 5913c75a58cd2c4b38be1dd5a8abdc62.jpeg]

Sorry, I just fail to see a problem with that. We are fans, so there's nothing for us to do but wait for Saturday. I don't see any harm at all in looking at and discussing what moves should be made in the off season to be an even better team next year. And NOBODY is more excited for Saturday than I am, I can guarantee you that. My wife, who is not a sports fan, is threatening to shoot me if I don't stop looking at Bengals stuff. Until Saturday, discussing what backup QB we want to replace Allen, which linemen should be drafted, etc is all just bulletin board material.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sideline s*** talker.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

He could effectively do this with a gold jacket on as well.
Reply/Quote