Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday
(01-13-2022, 10:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He could effectively do this with a gold jacket on as well.

One of the things I loved about Chad, is he could talk that crap all day long chirping at the other team, and could do it without ever making them mad. He is a one of a kind personality.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: More international fans on this board would be cool. I know we have a few from Canada, a few from England, one from France and one from Austria.

Here's one from good old Germany, too.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:15 AM)Munich Bengals Wrote: Here's one from good old Germany, too.  Wink

Welcome to the board! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's hope this is the beginning of the new Bengals.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We need to start a new Sub forum for new fans, where they will learn there is no S on Burrow, Uzomah is pronounced "You za ma", Chido is like Cheeto but with a D, etc.  Hilarious

After listening to Cris Carter pronounce Ja'Marr as JayMarr all last week on GMFB, we need to add Uno's name in there too.  It was driving me nuts.  He kept referring to Burrows and JayMarr

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We just need to keep the newbies away from the facebook groups. And Willie, we would love to have you here!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:01 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Is it wrong that I went ahead and bought tix to the Tennessee game in Nashville?

let me know if they are for sale next week, I want to see my Raiders play here. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:55 PM)pally Wrote: We were all new fans at one point.  The more the merrier

Excellent point, pally.

I grew up in southwestern Ohio a Cleveland Browns fan in the 50's/60's.  Actually skipped most of a Sunday basketball practice my senior year to watch the Browns destroy Baltimore in the NFL championship game.  When I got there the practice was almost over.  Everyone was shooting FT's and I casually joined at a side basket.  When I saw the coach coming over I thought I was done for.  After a sarcastic comment (he was good at that), he quietly asked me what the score was when I left.

When the Bengals came along it took me a year to come over from the dark side.  But once you put on those stripes you never look back.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:52 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I need more games being broadcast out of Ohio. I am getting sick of driving, and scumming around the inter-webs.

I live in western NC and pay the ridiculous cost of DirecTV's NFL ticket so I can watch all the Bengals games.  At least 4 times a year over the last couple years it is on a local channel anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:19 PM)M.W. Wrote: I live in western NC and pay the ridiculous cost of DirecTV's NFL ticket so I can watch all the Bengals games.  At least 4 times a year over the last couple years it is on a local channel anyway.

I feel you. I drive over 1,000 miles and pay $200+ in gas and tolls per trip (no cost hotel in there)

I am glad I picked this year to go all out and get season tickets. This was a great season to watch. On to the post season....

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:08 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Lol…I will go wearing all orange be wearing my Stetson….look forward to a show down with the Nashville Kid at noon at the Stage Coach Saloon

Go to Robert's Western World instead.  Cool

Hey, I welcome any and all. If we finally get that playoff dub, I can almost guarantee you there will be some tears of joy shed by me. I'll probably watch highlights and clips all night long. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts on Saturday.

The fan base of the Cincinnati Bengals is going to expand exponentially when the entire nation sees this team in action in The Jungle with the best fans in all of the NFL in attendance.

With the exception of the Thursday Night game against Jacksonville the Bengals have not had the singular focus of the nation this season.  

On Saturday all that changes and, win or lose, the Bengals will entice a whole new generation of fans.  This will be the beginning of the Bengals becoming one of the few teams in the NFL with national fanbases like Dallas, Pittsburgh, or New England.  Soon you’re going to see kids wearing Joe Burrow or Ja’Marr Chase jerseys from Boston to Bakersfield.

This message board will soon gain new members as well.

Cincinnati is fun to watch.  Fans love that.  On offense and defense the Bengals feature playmakers at every level and on special teams Evan McPherson is a freak.  One bomb from Burrow to Chase, one pounding run by Joe Mixon, one crushing sack by Trey Hendrickson, and maybe an interception from Chidobe Awuzie will be all it takes.  

New fans will fall for this exciting young team.

Nice thread FIK. Yes, we will really be growing after this season we have put together. Hopefully this is the start of a SB run 
as that would add even more to the fan base. Need that monkey off us long term fan's backs though first. We deserve it.
Reply/Quote
It's weird, but I'm not worried about this game at all. There is nothing about the raiders that scares you.. Easy win..
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: More international fans on this board would be cool. I know we have a few from Canada, a few from England, one from France and one from Austria.

[Image: ed69944333d12fad401bc56652bbd6d6.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:52 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I need more games being broadcast out of Ohio. I am getting sick of driving, and scumming around the inter-webs.

Hopefully once DirecTV deal for Sunday Ticket is done, Sunday Ticket can be streamed as a standalone service or at least available with other providers.
Amazon, Disney (likely somehow connected to ESPN), and Apple TV are the current leaders to land the deal, per this article https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-tv-rights-streaming-apple-disney-espn/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Usually I see a lot more Steelers gear around Lexington than I do Bengals it feels like. Been seeing a WHOLE LOT of Bengals gear being dusted off around town the last month.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:32 PM)Tony Wrote: It's weird, but I'm not worried about this game at all. There is nothing about the raiders that scares you.. Easy win..

Maxx Crosby scares me but that is about it honestly. He also lines up over our weakness at RT.

Wanting Fred Johnson to start or Prince to finally have a good game. Tough matchup for us here but I guess it would be with
most team's top Ends going against our RT's after Reiff went down.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maxx Crosby scares me but that is about it honestly. He also lines up over our weakness at RT.

Wanting Fred Johnson to start or Prince to finally have a good game. Tough matchup for us here but I guess it would be with
most team's top Ends going against our RT's after Reiff went down.

He's gonna be doubled a lot.. They just had a 5 quarter emotional game. The Bengals are well rested. I could see us up 3 scores by half..
Reply/Quote
If Bengals lose, it's going to be "same ole' Bengals."
If Bengals win, so many people will jump on that train.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:50 PM)Tony Wrote: He's gonna be doubled a lot.. They just had a 5 quarter emotional game. The Bengals are well rested. I could see us up 3 scores by half..

True, I also think the Raiders are going to have just as much trouble with Hendrickson honestly as Carr struggles when pressured.

I am just giving myself some caution. I see us winning this game and winning it handily myself, I am a long time Bengal fan though.

Hard not to be a bit jaded going into any Playoff game after all these years, but this isn't the Marv coached Bengals either.
Reply/Quote