Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A New Jackson Carman?
Media had remarked earlier that Carman looked thinner at OTA's. He says he actually weighs the same but he has spent time reforming his body so he has gained muscle mass and lost fat %.

He said he has been doing a lot of non-football workouts...yoga, gymnastics, water exercise. If the means a stronger, more flexible, more in shape Jackson, I'm all for it.
and tries to improve on it
He may end up not being the answer at RT either, but I give the kid a lot of credit for keeping at it, He takes the feedback and works to implement it. I get the feeling he has matured a lot in his 2 seasons with the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Encouraging news to be sure. It takes some players longer to develop and mature than others.

I would love to see him beat out Jonah for the starting RT position.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: Media had remarked earlier that Carman looked thinner at OTA's.  He says he actually weighs the same but he has spent time reforming his body so he has gained muscle mass and lost fat %.

He said he has been doing a lot of non-football workouts...yoga, gymnastics, water exercise.  If the means a stronger, more flexible, more in shape Jackson, I'm all for it.
He may end up not being the answer at RT either, but I give the kid a lot of credit for keeping at it, He takes the feedback and works to implement it.  I get the feeling he has matured a lot in his 2 seasons with the team

A little speculative/wishful thinking. But hopefully his success at tackle really lit a spark in him. Would be really good if he could take over at right tackle. Although I'd have a hard time seeing that happen this year with Jonah making a decent amount.
Reply/Quote
There's a guy here in South Carolina working at Kroger who appears to be a dead ringer for Carman.. I asked him if he's related, but no such luck, but he said he's a huge fan of Jackson though and a big Clemson fan... Completely unrelated, but it's kind of amazing that you'll see someone who looks almost exactly like someone in the public eye and ask yourself if they're just working there as a part time gig till they nail down the starting position.. Smirk   You never actually know sometimes.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
he may finally start in his final year. I doubt he can beat out a motivated Jonah who is looking for a big pay day after this season. 2024 will prob be the year he starts at RT

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: Media had remarked earlier that Carman looked thinner at OTA's.  He says he actually weighs the same but he has spent time reforming his body so he has gained muscle mass and lost fat %.

He said he has been doing a lot of non-football workouts...yoga, gymnastics, water exercise.  If the means a stronger, more flexible, more in shape Jackson, I'm all for it.
He may end up not being the answer at RT either, but I give the kid a lot of credit for keeping at it, He takes the feedback and works to implement it.  I get the feeling he has matured a lot in his 2 seasons with the team

Great stuff Pally. If Carman becomes a stud he helps out the team more than about any other player improving.

Zach Carter being the other one.
Reply/Quote
Im really not sure why people think Jonah is a given at RT. He has not been great at LT. He gave up 12 sacks last year, 8 the year before and people think switching him to RT he the starter? He may end up beating Carman out but I dont see why people think its a given he is the starting RT.
Reply/Quote
Carman doing gymnastics?….that sounds like it would be entertaining to watch lol

Glad he’s found some things that work for him. Hopefully it translates on the football field.
Reply/Quote
Could give two shits about him doing gymanstics and yoga. Do you have the talent to play in the NFL? So far the answer has been no. I am not expecting the answer to be yes, but am hopefule the answer is yes.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is what, his 3rd year?Such a shame.. but better late than never.. i guess. He'll be ready for his next team ... AT LEAST.
Reply/Quote
A) He's just now 23.
B) He was playing out of position
C) When he got his chance at tackle, he did well enough Burrow said he felt no pressure from that side of the line.
D) He is evidently over his back issues and has leaned and put on muscle, so he's obviously working.
E) What do you want?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he may finally start in his final year. I doubt he can beat out a motivated Jonah who is looking for a big pay day after this season. 2024 will prob be the year he starts at RT

I believe Taylor had already said Carman will be the Right Tackle while Williams and Collins continue to heal. If Jonah does not anchor better than he has been (I know he was hurt) he will not take that spot.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A) He's just now 23.
C) When he got his chance at tackle, he did well enough Burrow said he felt no pressure from that side of the line.
D) He is evidently over his back issues and has leaned and put on muscle, so he's obviously working.
E) What do you want?

I want him to be good. He has the opportunity - hopefully he takes it and runs with it.

Damn, he was drafted young. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I hope he’s finally turned the corner and shows he can be a capable starter. Since we weren’t able to move Jonah over draft weekend maybe some team comes calling when they have an injury at the ot position and Carmen has made him expendable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A) He's just now 23.
E) What do you want?

this is not an argument lmao

how many times will people be fooled by players and coaches saying the right things 

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this is not an argument lmao

how many times will people be fooled by players and coaches saying the right things 

Are you arguing that Carman played bad in the Playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you arguing that Carman played bad in the Playoffs?

I don’t think he’s really arguing so much as trolling

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you arguing that Carman played bad in the Playoffs?

you're changing the subject lol

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:57 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don’t think he’s really arguing so much as trolling

yes I totally believe Burrow when he praises Haeem Adeniji

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 03:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes I totally believe Burrow when he praises Haeem Adeniji

You shouldn’t as there is no such person as Haeem on the team

Reply/Quote