Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Star Born?
Bengals Film Room: Jay Tufele

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Looks strong as an Ox and if he can keep this up he will be a huge boon for the Bengals.

With the Reader out and running teams coming straight at us he will have a chance to make a name for himself quickly as well, fingers crossed.

With the power he displayed against the double teams it seems very possible.

Hoping so anyway, will be watching him much closer now for sure.

Thanks for sharing

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who is that Geno Peko? Or Domata Atkins?
Reply/Quote
That’s a really good breakdown. Was impressed with Tufele during the game on a couple of plays but that breakdown makes me think we might have a breakout player. Want to see him do it a few more times before getting carried away though
Reply/Quote
No better time to have a D-linemen come out if no where and step up than when your top 2 are out.
Reply/Quote
I really appreciate Jacksonville waiving this guy. He and Carter both have huge upsides if they put in a little work. Playing behind Reader and Hill, they can learn a lot.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Looks strong as an Ox and if he can keep this up he will be a huge boon for the Bengals.

With the Reader out and running teams coming straight at us he will have a chance to make a name for himself quickly as well, fingers crossed.

With the power he displayed against the double teams it seems very possible.

Hoping so anyway, will be watching him much closer now for sure.

Thanks for sharing

Glad we have him with Reader out. Looks like he could be a developing force.

Nice !
Reply/Quote
I did think he flashed a few times during the game and every time I thought to myself "who is that guy?" Glad he is making the most of his opportunity, to have another DT emerge as a force would be a huge boon to us, especially now with Reader down.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Thought the kid played well, all things considered. Looks like he has a good understanding of leverage and angles. What's the latest on Tupou? If he's good, this could be a pretty good stopgap rotation until DJ gets back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really appreciate Jacksonville waiving this guy. He and Carter both have huge upsides if they put in a little work. Playing behind Reader and Hill, they can learn a lot.

We get Tufele, they got Kendrick Pryor.  Pryor inactive all season, Tufele filling in nicely = Bengals win!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We get Tufele, they got Kendrick Pryor.  Pryor inactive all season, Tufele filling in nicely = Bengals win!

BJ for Billy 2.0!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We get Tufele, they got Kendrick Pryor.  Pryor inactive all season, Tufele filling in nicely = Bengals win!

as a USC fan, I thought this guy was awsome in college...Im glad to see a change of scenery maybe what the Dr ordered 
Reply/Quote
He had day 2 draft talent. Some scouts thought he needed some maturity growth. Going to Jacksonville was probably not the best place for that.
Reply/Quote
There is just so much to the game. Individual battles all over the field on every play, within a team concept. This is a great breakdown by Sheeran.

I'm gonna scout the 2023 draft for Samoan defenders. You can't have enough of those guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 07:58 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No better time to have a D-linemen come out if no where and step up than when your top 2 are out.

PREACH!
Reply/Quote

I still want Pryor back!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still want Pryor back!

Ditto, but I'm not complaining about Tufele having that roster spot over him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:39 AM)Goalpost Wrote: He had day 2 draft talent.  Some scouts thought he needed some maturity growth.  Going to Jacksonville was probably not the best place for that.

Jay Tufele was a 5 star recruit to USC. He started 5 games his redshirt freshman year and rotated in the rest. He became a full time starter for 13 games his Sophomore year. His Junior year was Covid year and was drafted that spring.

He was very raw with only 18 college starts under his belt but the 5 star talent is there.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tufele and Carter will once they get more game speed reps under their belts combine with Hill and Reader to give us a gonzo interior DL rotation.
Reply/Quote
That was a great video. One I could actually learn stuff from. Thanks for that.

Are there any similar videos around? I tried to click the respective youtube channel but can only find older short clips...
Reply/Quote