Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Concerning Reality
(10-16-2016, 07:22 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: As always of late it's been working wonderfully....for the opposing team.

Is it killer instinct?....or lack of mostly.

Is it playing prevent when we are up 7? ....the conservative play in the league needs to go away.

Bad calls, agreed. Every team this season has had a bunch. 

Offense isn't great and the Defense has been non-existent in the past two games. 

...to me, it falls on coaching. 

Ogbuehi benched... it was a real mess. 

Turning point for today imo:
The Dalton sack in the endzone...Andy needs to know better than that...needed to be aware a little more of his surroundings....just bad.

That or not punching it in from the one inch line.....for the second time this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....the effort and the intensity was there today.  A little fire in the belly was nice to see.  Two things contributed to this loss mainly.....

We haven't covered a TE since Moby Dick was a minner....

....and the coaching on offense.  We lost Big Mo early with that playcalling on the goal line....finally go Jumbo....Peko whiffs on a block....and the o line struggled again. Bodine was standing straight up....at least Johnson was firing out low.  It got better with Winston too.  Zeitler struggled...saw Boling whiff a bad one.  Bottom line....PA sucks and Zampese is in over his head.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
When I look back to the Bengals teams that were winners of playoff games, they had one common thread - coaches that inspired through creativity and discipline. Gregg and Wyche were leaders w/o question. Accountability and candor was the norm. On-field antics and hissy fits were not even a consideration, much less tolerated.

I may be just another fan who has his "theories", but I know what a winning football mindset looks like, and I haven't seen it here in total for over 25 years.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: When I look back to the Bengals teams that were winners of playoff games, they had one common thread - coaches that inspired through creativity and discipline. Gregg and Wyche were leaders w/o question. Accountability and candor was the norm. On-field antics and hissy fits were not even a consideration, much less tolerated.

I may be just another fan who has his "theories", but I know what a winning football mindset looks like, and I haven't seen it here in total for over 25 years.

Damn right......all of that died with Paul Brown and was buried during the "Christmas Eve Massacre".

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: When I look back to the Bengals teams that were winners of playoff games, they had one common thread - coaches that inspired through creativity and discipline. Gregg and Wyche were leaders w/o question. Accountability and candor was the norm. On-field antics and hissy fits were not even a consideration, much less tolerated.

This is my issue with Marvin. He really doesn't come off as inspiring. It's just always him clapping and yelling, "Let's go" on an endless loop. It truly feels like complacency has set in with this guy. He always looks tired and bored in his press conferences. Like he's just going through the motions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So far this season, the Bengals have had 4 shots to beat a team with a winning record. The results:

0-4 record
Outscored 64-116
Held to 17 points or less in all 4
Allowed 28 or more in the last 3

Yeah, but atleast they shown they can play with the best team in football and early on were beating the defending SB champs.

I thought it would be a work in progress early this year against this schedule. Granted, i didn't think the O-line would be this bad
but still. Don't give up brother, they shown some fight against the Patriots and we have some great players. Dunlap, Green, Burfict,
Dalton, Gio, Adam, Dansby, Boling, Whit, Geno can get it done for us i believe after this game.

We can win 7+ games if the coaches get their heads out of their asses.

These were great coached teams, which we lose to cause of our coaches, not because of our team IMHO. The rest of the schedule
gets much easier from here on out. I thought we would be 3-3, we are 2-4. It happens to even the best teams and i would like to
see one team who has had a tougher first 6 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is my issue with Marvin. He really doesn't come off as inspiring. It's just always him clapping and yelling, "Let's go" on an endless loop. It truly feels like complacency has set in with this guy. He always looks tired and bored in his press conferences. Like he's just going through the motions.

Only God knows what goes through his mind, but he seems to have taken the concept of 'never let 'em see you sweat' to the extreme. When I look at Marvin's resume I have a serious problem with doubting his passion for the game. I just doubt he has a calling for being a field general after seeing what you describe here, which is only something I recently began to consider..

Reply/Quote

(10-17-2016, 05:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn right......all of that died with Paul Brown and was buried during the "Christmas Eve Massacre".

(10-17-2016, 04:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is my issue with Marvin. He really doesn't come off as inspiring. It's just always him clapping and yelling, "Let's go" on an endless loop. It truly feels like complacency has set in with this guy. He always looks tired and bored in his press conferences. Like he's just going through the motions.

I definately agree with you guys but do you guys think our players can make up for the coaching?
Reply/Quote
It might be good for this team to pick in the top 20 of the draft. Hasn't happened since 2011 and the Bengals got a pretty nice player (AJ Green).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I definately agree with you guys but do you guys think our players can make up for the coaching?

I'm not so sure.  Last year we had a ball hawking safety, Eifert, a #2 with great hands, and better line play on both sides of the ball.  Something is amiss this season, like 2010.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So far this season, the Bengals have had 4 shots to beat a team with a winning record. The results:

0-4 record
Outscored 64-116
Held to 17 points or less in all 4
Allowed 28 or more in the last 3

Also this is the 2nd worst points differential after 6 games in the Marvin Lewis era. Only 2008 was worse, and we know that ended in a commanding 4-11-1 record. I also believe people thought we still were going to make the playoffs through week 10  Ninja

[Image: Cu97njbWYAAZKIn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I definately agree with you guys but do you guys think our players can make up for the coaching?

Not enough, really. It's a concerted effort of plan your work, and work your plan. With the sophisticated schemes some offenses/defenses throw at us, you need more than on-field talent to overcome some of them, given the little reaction time available to identify and react. If players aren't coached in a scheme versus scheme, there will be plays where we're left in the dust. You have to have talent PLUS experience in this league to be consistently successful, with only the rare exception being a reality. I believe at this level, even the backups have enough talent to succeed IF they execute a well-coached plan. This isn't to say a coach can't take an all-star group, tell them to out there and 'ball' and not win a few. They just won't do it week in and week out.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not so sure.  Last year we had a ball hawking safety, Eifert, a #2 with great hands, and better line play on both sides of the ball.  Something is amiss this season, like 2010.

(10-17-2016, 06:04 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Not enough, really. It's a concerted effort of plan your work, and work your plan. With the sophisticated schemes some offenses/defenses throw at us, you need more than on-field talent to overcome some of them, given the little reaction time available to identify and react. If players aren't coached in a scheme versus scheme, there will be plays where we're left in the dust. You have to have talent PLUS experience in this league to be consistently successful, with only the rare exception being a reality. I believe at this level, even the backups have enough talent to succeed IF they execute a well-coached plan. This isn't to say a coach can take an all-star group, tell them to out there and 'ball' and not win a few. They just won't do it week in and week out.

Well i have to hope you guys are wrong. You probably aren't though, damn it.
Reply/Quote