Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Whitworth prepared to leave Bengals for Super Bowl contender
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2017-andrew-whitworth-rumors-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line/hn0fr259joaw1mu6wim6nwqyq?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can anyone blame him?

He's made his money. He plays for a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years...despite being arguably the teams best player for much of that time.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can anyone blame him?

He's made his money. He plays for a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years...despite being arguably the teams best player for much of that time.

I'm gonna have to go dump trash on his lawn if he has the audacity to walk out now. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm gonna have to go dump trash on his lawn if he has the audacity to walk out now. Ninja

That's kinda childish.  You shouldn't handcuff a guy for doing whats best for himself and his family.  I hope once he retires that he gets into coaching because I think he could be a heck of a coach.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm OK with him wanting to win.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
God for Whit. I really hope he leaves to play for a real team. Go to the Pats Whit.

I hope Z goes for the same reason.

Dalton, AJ and Geno need to get out as soon as possible.

This organization needs to go completely down the drain before there is any chance of having management and a coach staff that lives in the 21st century of football theory and  holds players and coaches accountable.

THERE IS NO WAY MARVIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETAINED AFTER PLAYOFF LOSS TO STEELERS

There is no way Paul Alexander should still be coach of the o-line, Bodine should not be center, and Rey M should never have been resigned after the debacle covering tight ends in the Houston playoff games.

The list can go on and on.
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals fan I'd hate it.
As a Bengals fan, I would be happy for Whit if he went to another team and wins a title. Guy has been nothing but positive his entire time here, done everything asked of him and advocated for what's best for the team.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2017-andrew-whitworth-rumors-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line/hn0fr259joaw1mu6wim6nwqyq?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Misleading title.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 07:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: That's kinda childish.  You shouldn't handcuff a guy for doing whats best for himself and his family.  I hope once he retires that he gets into coaching because I think he could be a heck of a coach.

Bro.....peep the ninja....that was a tongue in cheek reference to the Palmer fiasco.... Wink

Reply/Quote
I'd be disappointed if Whit left, but I wouldn't blame him.
Reply/Quote
I can't lie, it would hurt to see Whit in any other uniform than a Bengal uniform.  I would never hold any anger toward him personally, but only more resentment in the organization for forcing a legend to seek a championship elsewhere.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't lie, it would hurt to see Whit in any other uniform than a Bengal uniform.  I would never hold any anger toward him personally, but only more resentment in the organization for forcing a legend to seek a championship elsewhere.

Hit the nail on the head.  I would consider tagging him.  
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon 2.0.....
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 09:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Corey Dillon 2.0.....

except he didn't disrespect the town or the team...  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was happy to see a guy like Corey Dillon get a Super Bowl.

While I follow the team, I do like the players individually in a lot of cases.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 07:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: That's kinda childish.  You shouldn't handcuff a guy for doing whats best for himself and his family.  I hope once he retires that he gets into coaching because I think he could be a heck of a coach.

Learn how to read sarcasm there big fella'.  For Pete's sake, he wasn't being serious.  So who's being childish?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So even Whit says he wants out of here because we can't compete? I just can't do this anymore.

[Image: cat-jumps-off-ledge.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So even Whit says he wants out of here because we can't compete? I just can't do this anymore.

[Image: cat-jumps-off-ledge.gif]

You know.....I kinda miss the 90s.  It was high comedy on Sundays.  I love a good laugh. Looks like we may have some real gutbusters this year. Mellow 

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:43 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You know.....I kinda miss the 90s.  It was high comedy on Sundays.  I love a good laugh. Looks like we may have some real gutbusters this year. Mellow 

I can only hope this sends a msg to the FO. If your players don't think you're a contender, you have the wrong coaches in place and you're lacking focus overall.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I can only hope this sends a msg to the FO. If your players don't think you're a contender, you have the wrong coaches in place and you're lacking focus overall.

We can hope all we want brother, but unfortunately, I don't think much (if anything) gets through to those stubborn imbeciles in the FO. Maybe, we'll see.  Palmer's departure changed a few things....but not a whole lot.  Piano Man is here until he decides to leave, regardless of HC.....and that's just absurd.  That's a HUGE problem here.

Reply/Quote