Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Win That Comes With A Steep Price
I feel so terrible for Tyler Eifert. This dude has been dealt an unbelievably bad hand these past few years.

He came back ready to shut all the worry out, and was playing pretty well.

The win was exciting, I love Ross and his effort, but man is that going to hurt. I honestly wonder if he is going to retire.
Reply/Quote
I didnt see the injury but I heard the sideline reporter say he broke down in the tunnel. I hope the guy is ok. He's been rather unlucky unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:50 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I didnt see the injury but I heard the sideline reporter say he broke down in the tunnel. I hope the guy is ok. He's been rather unlucky unfortunately.

It was quite graphic.
Reply/Quote
Eifert's story is proof positive that bad luck is a very real thing. They made a concerted effort to not use him too much and he still falls victim to a freak accident. I feel for the guy and love/d having him, but if I were in his shoes I'd be done after this.

I am horrified by this defense, but I'll take the win. Give Tyler Boyd the ball.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:50 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I didnt see the injury but I heard the sideline reporter say he broke down in the tunnel. I hope the guy is ok. He's been rather unlucky unfortunately.

Hate to say it, but idk about him being ok. His ankle was twisted out entirely. It was nasty.

Sad loss.
Reply/Quote
Horrendous injury, I really feel for the guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
He will go back.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:51 PM)treee Wrote: It was quite graphic.
Then I'll count myself lucky I didnt see it.

Reply/Quote
Dude needs to hang up the cleats and put that Notre Dame education to use.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I felt sick to my stomach for that dude. What a shame.

Reply/Quote
As exciting as this game was, seeing his injury just took the steam out it of today for me.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As exciting as this game was, seeing his injury just took the steam out it of today for me.

It definitely took the steam out of the team, too, for awhile.  I feel so bad for the guy.  He's made millions, but his quality of life is going to be abysmal when he gets older.  He will suffer through a lot of pain and limited mobility.
Reply/Quote
Yeah it sucks. He made a great toe drag TD catch, was playing well. Now it seems his career may be over. Guy always had a lot of heart and played hard, the kind of player any team would want. He just has terrible luck when it comes to injuries.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As exciting as this game was, seeing his injury just took the steam out it of today for me.

Some things just don't seem to be meant to be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That was the worst injury I’ve seen and the slow motion replay is sickening. If you’re squeamish in any way, do not search and watch the video. Ankles aren’t meant to twist that far.
Reply/Quote
Feel worst for the guys who work hard to come back only to be thwarted again. Let's win the big one for this guy.
Reply/Quote
Honestly i think its just the position he plays. Gronk gets hurt a lot too. When they’re that big the only way to tackle is to either spear them in the back or at the ankles. Sucks. Bad luck but also just the position he gets continually put into. Grobk was thinking of retiring last year. Sucks as he’s so talented.

On a softer note, the Bengals have some solid pass catchers in Uzomah and kroft. We've got enough without Eifert, hes just our cherry on top. Sad to see though.

Also, as bad as the defense has looked, a lot of it has to do with the way the game has changed to an offensive league. We can get better and burfict should help in a big way. They kept the falcons out of end zone at the end to give us a chance. They’ll get better as we go.

Still got a really good team this year. Not sure if we can beat the Rams or Chiefs, but we can compete with anyone.
Reply/Quote
I feel extra bad because I was saying 'He's Baaaaaaaack' every catch he made today leading up to the injury. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let's win the big one for this guy.
Reply/Quote
A lot will depend on how bad the injury actually was as opposed to how bad it looked. Looks can be decieving especially injuries. I remember how bad Palmers knee looked and thought he'd never play again and yet he did.
If it's just broken bones they can heal but if too many tendons are shreaded it'll probably be a whole different nasty story.. I really hope he heals up well. 
If I were him I'd give up, but the mindset of pro athletes is quite different from your average weekend backyard player.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote