Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A complete debacle against Baltimore - The real Zac Taylor has returned!
(01-03-2021, 06:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had ZT fans?

Oh, he has his defenders.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I might write a book. “Open-minded Octogenarian Billionaires”. Should have it ready for publishing by 6:00.

That's some light reading, there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yeah well... Joe Burrow apparently has a ton of confidence in Taylor. So... in Burrow we trust, I guess....

That’s what every player will say in public.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:01 PM)Destro Wrote:  

Not many. You'll always have a few here or there, but ZT has very little fan support. 
Reply/Quote
Hard to imagine,but ZT is actually a worse head coach than what Dave Shula was.It’s very discouraging to any fan that the Bengals had to close out their season this way.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:01 PM)Destro Wrote:  

I'm probably as close as it comes, but I was also against the "Anybody but Marvin" mentality.

I said in Game Day I have 0 problem with Zac coming back if they shitcan both coordinators and insist they bring in an OC who calls the plays.

If they want Zac to stay with all the control he has on the offense then I want him gone. But as I said when they put together the staff: They sit him up for failure. Doogie cannot be surrounded by other folks with no experience. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Anyone believing that this underwhelming assistant coach somehow turned the corner and became a real head coach a couple of games ago should really step back and take a long look at how dismal his teams have faired.

A. 6 wins in two seasons. It's hard to get worse than that. WTF
B. 2-10 within the division.  Sick
C. Winless against the worst division in the NFL, the NFC East. A laughing stock. :vomit:
D. Wastes Burrow's rookie season.  Cry
E. Having Taylor return will just waste his second season, or will Burrow still be a rookie? CryCryCry
F. Wasted one of the better RBs in the league with inept schemes. This, with a rookie QB this season, is one of the more inexcusable actions from Taylor and his staff. Just a simple action of having a effective run blocking scheme and running the ball effectively would have made for much less pass rush pressure on Burrow. Team went from effective to ineffective in one off-season. No excuse for this.
G. The rest of the division has to be having a party. Lots of W's coming against the Bengals. Makes making the playoffs that much easier.  Hilarious

Posts like this one are generally the reason we close JN during ball games.   Mellow

Making folks wait until after the game to vent their frustrations generally leads to some more well thought out, less emotionally inspired threads.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not many. You'll always have a few here or there, but ZT has very little fan support. 

The Voting poll has bringing him back at around 8%, and some of the supporters I've seen had not even voted. Sad he has that many.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:20 PM)Destro Wrote: The Voting poll has bringing him back at around 8%, and some of the supporters I've seen had not even voted. Sad he has that many.

8% is a very small number. 8 out of 100 people, 80 out of 1,000. Also, of that 8% some could just think its too early, without being a "supporter." You're fretting over a very small number there bud. BTW I am not one who voted for him to stay. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 8% is a very small number. 8 out of 100 people, 80 out of 1,000. Also, of that 8% some could just think its too early, without being a "supporter." You're fretting over a very small number there bud. BTW I am not one who voted for him to stay. 

I know 8% is not huge amount and I am not "fretting." Just enough to show those who support this horrible record of a coach. Think these numbers would be different on other teams?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Posts like this one are generally the reason we close JN during ball games.   Mellow

Making folks wait until after the game to vent their frustrations generally leads to some more well thought out, less emotionally inspired threads.

Pistons posts like this all the time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm probably as close as it comes, but I was also against the "Anybody but Marvin" mentality.

I said in Game Day I have 0 problem with Zac coming back if they shitcan both coordinators and insist they bring in an OC who calls the plays.

If they want Zac to stay with all the control he has on the offense then I want him gone. But as I said when they put together the staff: They sit him up for failure. Doogie cannot be surrounded by other folks with no experience. 

He put together his own staff, so wouldn't he be responsible for his own failure?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He put together his own staff, so wouldn't he be responsible for his own failure?

Pretty sure the Bengals FO has final say on hirings. Of course Doogie didn't want anyone smarter than him in the room. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:34 PM)Destro Wrote: I know 8% is not huge amount and I am not "fretting." Just enough to show those who support this horrible record of a coach. Think these numbers would be different on other teams?

Eh, probably close to similar actually.

Fans are fans. Emotional and stuck in their own beliefs. 

I'd be more concerned if it was 25% or something. 

I didn't vote till today, was among the undecided since I wanted to see how they finished the year. Today's loss has to be the final nail. It wasn't just a blow out. It was a blow out with no effort at all from the Bengals while being gashed for 400 yards on the ground. Baltimore is a running team and you weren't prepared to stop that... just pathetic.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:34 PM)Destro Wrote: I know 8% is not huge amount and I am not "fretting." Just enough to show those who support this horrible record of a coach. Think these numbers would be different on other teams?

Doubtful. Its less than 1 person out of 10. You can find one person to disagree with 10 people on almost any single subject. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure the Bengals FO has final say on hirings. Of course Doogie didn't want anyone smarter than him in the room. 

Ehh, hard to believe anyone smarter that ZT was willing to sign up to follow the marching orders of a QB coach turned HC who just got hired by one of the least popular owner/GMs in sports.

Saying ZT didn't want good assistants is like saying I don't want to sleep with supermodels.  It's not that I don't want it, I just can't have it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure the Bengals FO has final say on hirings. Of course Doogie didn't want anyone smarter than him in the room. 

I think this is his biggest issue. He has no humility and doesn't seem to hold himself accountable. This is why he will not give up playcalling duties unless FO gives him an ultimatum 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 8% is a very small number. 8 out of 100 people, 80 out of 1,000. Also, of that 8% some could just think its too early, without being a "supporter." You're fretting over a very small number there bud. BTW I am not one who voted for him to stay. 

Not to mention that Jungle Noise is BY FAR the positive place you can find regarding the Bengals.

If you look at Twitter, the Youtube comments, the Enquirer Comments, if you listen to Talk Radio, and if account for the fans you come across in real life, then the support is even lower than what you see here.

I'd be willing to bet that if you come somehow poll every single fan that the number of supporters ("Yes, I want him back") would be less than 5%.

I guess the question is, would any business be stupid enough to ignore 95% of the customer base?  We're going to find out...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Doubtful. Its less than 1 person out of 10. You can find one person to disagree with 10 people on almost any single subject. 

Football fans hate everything about their teams that are not done to win. Look at the boards of teams like the Steelers who are actually in the playoffs and have trophies. The crush some have, and excuses made, for Taylor are far from that. Hot take and stupid take are a thin line.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not to mention that Jungle Noise is BY FAR the positive place you can find regarding the Bengals.

To be fair is is also BY FAR the most negative. 

Reply/Quote