Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-12-2024, 01:22 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: KC has horrible re-signing issues with Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith looming in ‘25 not happening

As if they don’t have a record of drafting capable replacements over the years.

The getting Mahones a weapon will be a priority this off-season, and the WR prospects will be gone by 31.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:27 AM)pulses Wrote: I was talking about multiple picks so not sure what you're getting at but ok.

Doesn’t matter they won’t trade him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Doesn’t matter they won’t trade him.

Watch and see Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:27 AM)pulses Wrote: Yep and that's not a good recipe for trying to win SB's you have to have a decent D.

Kansas City had the #2 in the NFL, San Fransisco had the #3.  Baltimore had the #1.  There is a a pattern there.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:23 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly. Brady made it work with a lot of lesser guys in NE as well. If we pay Tee, then we'll have to focus on killing the draft or outscoring teams in shootouts all the time.

I wouldnt count on the offense beating playoff teams in shootouts.  Even with Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd they needed the defense to score a TD against Baltimore in the wild card game last year because the offense disappeared.  

In the Kansas City AFC Championship game the offense managed just 20 points while the defense gave the team a chance.  The last 2 Bengals drives of the game, Burrow throws an interception and on the next drive they get 22 yards then punt giving K.C. the ball back for the winning drive.  The offense even with Burrow, Chase and Higgins wont win shootouts.  Bengals management needs to bring in more talent on the defense.  The defense is what carried the team in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship, not the offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:12 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I wouldnt count on the offense beating playoff teams in shootouts.  Even with Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd they needed the defense to score a TD against Baltimore in the wild card game last year because the offense disappeared.  

In the Kansas City AFC Championship game the offense managed just 20 points while the defense gave the team a chance.  The last 2 Bengals drives of the game, Burrow throws an interception and on the next drive they get 22 yards then punt giving K.C. the ball back for the winning drive.  The offense even with Burrow, Chase and Higgins wont win shootouts.  Bengals management needs to bring in more talent on the defense.  The defense is what carried the team in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship, not the offense.

My last point was facetious dude, sorry it probably wasn't obvious. I absolutely agree, a team relying on winning shootouts just likely won't win the Super Bowl. I'd rather we built the defence than signed Tee.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:00 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Kansas City had the #2 in the NFL, San Fransisco had the #3.  Baltimore had the #1.  There is a a pattern there.

We’ll be lucky to have a top half defense next season, anything better would come from miracle developments on the current roster and diamonds in the draft.

With that said, that could be all the reason to retain Tee now and try to make up for the defense work as much offensive firepower as
Possible.

We won’t be a KC or Sf or Bal defense next year. If the Bengals are in a “**** it, go all in” next season, that could warrant tagging Tee for one last ride.
Reply/Quote
Ofc you need a stout defense in the playoffs. News at 11.

Even Mahomes had only thrown 1 TD before OT tonight. It was a defensive struggle for most of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:33 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: As if they don’t have a record of drafting capable replacements over the years.

The getting Mahones a weapon will be a priority this off-season, and the WR prospects will be gone by 31.

What about Dallas?

Reply/Quote
Tee is going nowhere this year.

I am keeping the receipts on all these silly posts.

Now, whether he signs an extension is another matter.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

If we have Tee the next 3-7 years and he never got injured you would probably view 25M per as a DISCOUNT.

The ONLY reason you'd be against paying Tee is his availability.

When he plays hes a #1. Every game Jamarr Chase is injured, Tee turns into a MONSTER.

Im sorry but I want that monster on the team. If its a bad deal in 3 years so be it. Itll look like a great deal when its 17-24 the bad guys, and Tee catches a jumpball over 2 people and ties it up.

Why would I pay $25 mil per year to a WR2?

Furthermore, it's hard to find a position group where the Bengals have a better hit rate on than WR.  $25 mil for a guy that you can reasonably expect to replace for 4-5 years with a 1st or 2nd round pick doesn't make a lot of sense.  

While your example sounds great, why is Tee catching a jump ball over two guys?  Because he couldn't get open, that's why.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:50 AM)Whatever Wrote: Why would I pay $25 mil per year to a WR2?

Furthermore, it's hard to find a position group where the Bengals have a better hit rate on than WR.  $25 mil for a guy that you can reasonably expect to replace for 4-5 years with a 1st or 2nd round pick doesn't make a lot of sense.  

While your example sounds great, why is Tee catching a jump ball over two guys?  Because he couldn't get open, that's why.

1.) Because it's disingenuous to call him a #2 WR? He has also been one of Burrow's favorite targets over the past 4 seasons! 

2.) We said the same thing about Marvin Jones and ended up with John Ross at #2 Wr!

3.) What?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 12:11 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Because it's disingenuous to call him a #2 WR? He has also been one of Burrow's favorite targets over the past 4 seasons! 

2.) We said the same thing about Marvin Jones and ended up with John Ross at #2 Wr!

3.) What?

How is it disingenuous?  Tee is a WR2, here.  If he was Joe's favorite target, he would be the WR1, but he simply isn't.  Are there teams where he could hypothetically be a WR1?  Yes.  But that doesn't mean that in a salary cap league we should pay him WR1 money.

Marvin Jones left here after the '15 season and Ross wasn't drafted until '17.  However, maybe your point is that Ross was injury prone in college and people hoped his durability would improve in the NFL and didn't, similar to how Higgins has been injury prone on his rookie deal and people are saying sign him to a $25 mil APY deal and hope the injury issues get better.  Similar to how people were screaming that we had to resign an oft injured AJ Green and his injury problems would improve.  

I would rather have a guy that can get open than a guy that has to make contested catches any day of the week.  A recent study showed Burrow was 31st in the league in % of passes to "perfectly covered targets" at over 40%.  I would prefer a guy that can present Joe with easier throws over a guy Joe has to stick it into blanket coverage in a jump ball situation any day.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:38 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Tee is going nowhere this year.

I am keeping the receipts on all these silly posts.

Now, whether he signs an extension is another matter.

It seems to me that the Bengals did not make solid preparations to lose both Boyd & TEE.

A 3 year deal for TEE seems like a reasonable possible outcome.

A deal in line with Washington receiver Terry Mclaurin who generally has similar roughly 1,100 yard seasons.

Mclaurin signed a 3 year $68,364,000 contract ($28,000,000 signing Bonus & $22,788,000 per year average)

*TEE would not have to be forced to play on the Tag & gets Top 10 money over a 3 year time frame that is above 

the Tag. 

** It has been pointed out that many of the Bengals larger contracts go for 4 years. TEE may not have total Free Agent 

Leverage since the Tag is involved and may accept a 3 year deal after an injury riddled season.

**3 years is not that long of a Timeframe (easier to work in TEE money with Burrow/Chase money over only 3 years committed)

yet it would allow the Bengals Time to fully Prepare for TEE to go once the 3 years ends. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: It seems to me that the Bengals did not make solid preparations to lose both Boyd & TEE.

A 3 year deal for TEE seems like a reasonable possible outcome.

A deal in line with Washington receiver Terry Mclaurin who generally has similar roughly 1,100 yard seasons.

Mclaurin signed a 3 year $68,364,000 contract ($28,000,000 signing Bonus & $22,788,000 per year average)

*TEE would not have to be forced to play on the Tag & gets Top 10 money over a 3 year time frame that is above 

the Tag. 

** It has been pointed out that many of the Bengals larger contracts go for 4 years. TEE may not have total Free Agent 

Leverage since the Tag is involved and may accept a 3 year deal after an injury riddled season.

**3 years is not that long of a Timeframe (easier to work in TEE money with Burrow/Chase money over only 3 years committed)

yet it would allow the Bengals Time to fully Prepare for TEE to go once the 3 years ends. 

I'm not good with contracts at all, but I've said since December to sign him to a 3 year, 70 mil contract with like 55 mil guaranteed.

Reasonable, cap hits can take place prior to Burrow's (and Chase's) big money coming through and we get him for a few more years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd still rather take the 20 million per year & buy better Oline guys. Protect Joe & draft Tee's replacement. Tag & trade Tee if a team will do it.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not good with contracts at all, but I've said since December to sign him to a 3 year, 70 mil contract with like 55 mil guaranteed.

Reasonable, cap hits can take place prior to Burrow's (and Chase's) big money coming through and we get him for a few more years.

I think that is what is going to happen at this point. 

Though I admit, some on the Board have had me doubting at times.

I voted "Tag and force to play" on my Poll Thread but with comments from Duke Tobin last year like "go find your own" plus 

not seeming to Plan for TEE & Boyd to go plus Super Bowl hopes in 2024 plus unfinished business plus Burrow & Chase likely 

wanting TEE back plus offensive chemistry plus not wanting to have to FORCE TEE to play on the Tag and have him upset makes

me think of changing my vote if I could.

Would the Bengals ultimately signing TEE for say 3 more years really be that surprising to everyone ?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:50 AM)Whatever Wrote: Why would I pay $25 mil per year to a WR2?

Refer to the Cartesian coordinate system. Some receivers only have the ability to get open on the X-Y axis. Tee has the ability to get open using the Z Axis (aka the 3rd dimension). 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Putting $100 million into three players is not a good idea with the salary cap. Plain and simple. NFL champions win the Super Bowl in the trenches on both sides of the line. KC defense won that game last night just as much as 15
Reply/Quote
Someone may know but I can’t recall a Super Bowl champ with a qb on massive contract with one $20-$25 mil a year WR much less two
Reply/Quote