Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-12-2024, 03:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Someone may know but I can’t recall a Super Bowl champ with a qb on massive contract with one $20-$25 mil a year WR much less two

I got the feeling that the Bengals are going to spend the next few years trying it by starting with paying TEE.

Even if they Tag TEE and force him to play 1 year they will be trying it with one.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: It seems to me that the Bengals did not make solid preparations to lose both Boyd & TEE.

A 3 year deal for TEE seems like a reasonable possible outcome.

A deal in line with Washington receiver Terry Mclaurin who generally has similar roughly 1,100 yard seasons.

Mclaurin signed a 3 year $68,364,000 contract ($28,000,000 signing Bonus & $22,788,000 per year average)

*TEE would not have to be forced to play on the Tag & gets Top 10 money over a 3 year time frame that is above 

the Tag. 

** It has been pointed out that many of the Bengals larger contracts go for 4 years. TEE may not have total Free Agent 

Leverage since the Tag is involved and may accept a 3 year deal after an injury riddled season.

**3 years is not that long of a Timeframe (easier to work in TEE money with Burrow/Chase money over only 3 years committed)

yet it would allow the Bengals Time to fully Prepare for TEE to go once the 3 years ends. 

Why would you pay for Tee as if he was an 1,100 yard receiver, when his availability has been declining and will likely never get close to that much again. He should be expected to get at most 700 yards a season. As for the people who were saying to re-sign an oft-injured AJ Green, he only missed three games during his rookie contract, and those were mostly due to not getting out of the concussion protocol in time from the dirty hits of the Steelers. It was the second contract where Green started getting hurt a lot. I don't understand why anyone would want someone who gets hurt a lot during the rookie contract to stay around no matter how good they are.
Reply/Quote
Realistically I think Tee gets tagged and walks next season. Chase is gonna get a massive contract you’re gonna have two of the highest paid players in the league on the same team between Chase and Burrow. Some team like Carolina will probably pay crazy money for Higgins and make him one of the highest paid WR’s. I don’t think you can have 3 player accounting for that much money and have a balanced team longterm.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Someone may know but I can’t recall a Super Bowl champ with a qb on massive contract with one $20-$25 mil a year WR much less two

Tampa Bay 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

TEE is only 25 years old. He had rib & hamstring injuries last season.

I doubt that Teams will consider his rib & hamstring injuries as a long term issue.

In 2021 & 2022 TEE had 1,091 & 1,029 yards and I expect that is where Teams would focus more than

his 2023 season stats with TEE & Burrow both missing games.
Reply/Quote
Get Chase done and tag and trade Tee (no offense to Tee but otherwise we get nothing for him).
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:52 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

TEE is only 25 years old. He had rib & hamstring injuries last season.

I doubt that Teams will consider his rib & hamstring injuries as a long term issue.

In 2021 & 2022 TEE had 1,091 & 1,029 yards and I expect that is where Teams would focus more than

his 2023 season stats with TEE & Burrow both missing games.

He’s had hamstring injuries every season he’s been in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s had hamstring injuries every season he’s been in the NFL.

I am seeing games played of 16, 14, 16, 12 (2020 thru 2023)

Would Teams see the 2023 Rib & Hamstring injuries as Chronic ?  Some Teams may but many Teams may not.

I think Teams expect a few games could be missed here and there when they sign players.

*Point is that someone will pay TEE.  IMO
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am seeing games played of 16, 14, 16, 12 (2020 thru 2023)

Would Teams see the 2023 Rib & Hamstring injuries as Chronic ?  Some Teams may but many Teams may not.

I think Teams expect a few games could be missed here and there when they sign players.

In a world where Mike Willimas for $20Mil/per in 2022. Tee Higgins will get paid well if he hits the FA-Market.

I think those hoping for a 2024 without Tee on the books are going to be in for a letdown. 

We'll tag him and it'll be a bargain. 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am seeing games played of 16, 14, 16, 12 (2020 thru 2023)

Would Teams see the 2023 Rib & Hamstring injuries as Chronic ? Some Teams may but many Teams may not.

I’d certainly consider having the same injury every season for 4 years straight as chronic, but you’re absolutely right that someone will pay him.

In 2025. After he plays on the tag.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: *Point is that someone will pay TEE.  IMO

Someone probly with a QB on a rookie deal
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d certainly consider having the same injury every season for 4 years straight as chronic, but you’re absolutely right that someone will pay him.

In 2025. After he plays on the tag.

Even the Tag means Top 10 Money in 2024 for TEE at an expected $20,714,000.

If the Bengals would have to give TEE $20,714,000 in 2024 anyway with a Tag then they may consider putting that money 

towards Bonus Money (plus some more to get up to say $28 million Bonus Money) & get a 3 year deal in the $23m per year area ?

* I am thinking that something like this is going to happen. I could be wrong but it would not surprise me.

** Maybe the Bengals Tag and force TEE to play in 2024 only but that could cause Drama.

*** If the Bengals do go into 2024 without TEE then I want to see how they Plan for it via Draft & Free Agency. (exactly who do they get)
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:13 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: My last point was facetious dude, sorry it probably wasn't obvious. I absolutely agree, a team relying on winning shootouts just likely won't win the Super Bowl. I'd rather we built the defence than signed Tee.

The giants will tage him surely but if they didnt i would use some of that Tee money on Xavier McKinney and move Dax to the nickel spot.
Reply/Quote
2 things

1.) We don't have a Chris Jones on this roster that would mask the loss of Tee like the Chiefs did with Hill. If we are to trade Tee we must get either a better/ same caliber player as Tee at Wr or a high level player in return at another position. Picks are not going to cut it!

2.) If we are to trade Tee; Would that just make it harder to go up against the elite defenses in the NFL?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

(02-12-2024, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tampa Bay 

Colts did with Manning, Harrison and Wayne.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:13 AM)pulses Wrote: I totally agree...we have to tag and trade him and use one of those picks this year to draft another good WR to replace him....

I know this is mentioned frequently, but we are the least creative team in the NFL. We have never tagged and traded anyone. We very rarely trade at all. Hell we just started guaranteeing year 2 of salary contracts..

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I know this is mentioned frequently, but we are the least creative team in the NFL.  We have never tagged and traded anyone.  We very rarely trade at all.  Hell we just started guaranteeing year 2 of salary contracts..

I agree, the Bengals are historically managed rather vanilla. Taylor's arrival has brought some welcomed changes. I think it's the primary reason we'll see Tee get the tag and be with the team next season. I hope Tee is as good with it as can be.
Reply/Quote
This is bfine's out of the box that's going to happen:

We're tagging Tee

TEN's tagging Henry

We trade

We save $9 MIL

We cut Mixon save another $6 MIL

Reply/Quote

Hammies tend to he a recurring issue.  He's also had shoulder problems, and those tend to be recurring, too.

We also have to look deeper than just games missed.  In the games he's dressed for, he's played 75%, 76%, 68%, and 74% of the offensive snaps.  Compare that to say, Chase, who's played 85%, 94%, and 87% of the snaps in the games he's dressed for.  That first number was his rookie year and he just played a handful of snaps to get the team record in week 17.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Colts did with Manning, Harrison and Wayne.

Harrison and Wayne never made anywhere near 20-25 a year.....i don't think Manning even did till later on in his career......but nice try.
Reply/Quote