Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective
The perspective is simple. 30 plus years of following a team that mostly sucks, but every now and then gives fans a glimmer that they might really be worth rooting for, be worth believing in - only to crap themselves and extinguish that little glimmer. All that happened was this particular little glimmer died down to a barely visible ember.

And no, they don't get to say "it's only one game" or do the Aaron Rodgers R E L A X. To earn that right you have to have already been a champion - a Lombardi on the shelf earns you that right. Otherwise you're out there each game and have to show up each game and be 100% there each game. EVERY game has to be treated as season defining. The support of the fans no matter what has to be EARNED. Until then they are just the usual Bengal poseurs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:16 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It's my fault. This morning, I put the little styrofoam ball wearing a Bengal's helmet back on my antenna after taking if off of there sometime around the time Joe's knee got broken in half last year. So, I jinxed them.

Not you at all. I made the egregious mistake of taking Mixon, Chase and the Bengals D in fanduel. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I blame it on Dusty Cart!

He got cleaned up and all cocky.

Struttin' out belts and trophies.

Maybe he'll get back in his place by the crusty wall.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: The perspective is simple. 30 plus years of following a team that mostly sucks, but every now and then gives fans a glimmer that they might really be worth rooting for, be worth believing in - only to crap themselves and extinguish that little glimmer. All that happened was this particular little glimmer died down to a barely visible ember.

And no, they don't get to say "it's only one game" or do the Aaron Rodgers R E L A X. To earn that right you have to have already been a champion - a Lombardi on the shelf earns you that right. Otherwise you're out there each game and have to show up each game and be 100% there each game. EVERY game has to be treated as season defining. The support of the fans no matter what has to be EARNED. Until then they are just the usual Bengal poseurs.

3 straight road games is always tough. The defense did a great job in the first 2, and the offense scored over 30+ in all 3. 

Losing to the Jets sucks, no doubt about it. But, it's one game...lost by 3 points...after a HUGE emotional win against a division rival...on the final of a 3 game road stretch...to a team that had their manhood's taken from them last week and were pissed off and fired up this week. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well dammit. Funny what memory does

I believe it was the '88 team that had a 6-0 start.  But, no crime in confusing one great team with another.

(10-31-2021, 07:16 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It's my fault. This morning, I put the little styrofoam ball wearing a Bengal's helmet back on my antenna after taking if off of there sometime around the time Joe's knee got broken in half last year. So, I jinxed them.

Yeah, I remember when you said that a few days ago.  Should have known right then and there that we were royally ****** Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We got slammed by the Jets.. Some of the Bengals wins were Flukie... 7-8 wins is my guess... Hard part of the schedule is here. Today proved they just aren't there yet...
Reply/Quote
Such a bad game to drop. Expecting a mental letdown after the Ravens game but still thinking they’d have enough talent and drive to get over the line. Typical trap game.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is the NFL...it happens. Good teams can have letdowns after huge wins.

Im sure the Ravens were thinking we were the Jets last week. It’s all in perspective.

We were playing a team with tons of starters not playing and a QB starting his first NFL game.

They weren’t that good, we were just that bad and quite frankly should be no surprise to a long term Bengal fan. This is a movie we’ve seen before.

It was bad. Real bad and makes me realize last weeks fantastic surprise win was very short lived.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:07 PM)Tony Wrote: We got slammed by the Jets.. Some of the Bengals wins were Flukie... 7-8 wins is my guess... Hard part of the schedule is here. Today proved they just aren't there yet...

Does losing on the road by 3 to the Jets prove more than winning the previous 3 road games by a combined 100-38? 
Reply/Quote
It is certainly a horrible game, but if given the choice of laying wood to Ravens or the Jets, the choice is simple.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: After a loss … at home….to the Stoolers….
They are going to come to play !!
They will feel like this is a must win.
Worse ….
The Browns > Jets … big time!

I see one of two things happening against the Browns. We get our shit together and beat them by 10+. Or, we come out slow against them and will lose by 20+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The group picture taking thing is an NFL idea and it's dumb as shit.

As a fan I'd rather see them get rid of these ticky-tack taunting calls.

Blatant ones where someone is walking on or standing over someone.  Yeah, of course call those.

Same as that bullshit helmet call against our player when he was low and the offense player lowered his head into him!

Get rid of that crap!!

Yeah, I don't get the taunting calls, then turning around and allowing the end zone photo poses.  Seems pretty contradictory.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: The perspective is simple. 30 plus years of following a team that mostly sucks, but every now and then gives fans a glimmer that they might really be worth rooting for, be worth believing in - only to crap themselves and extinguish that little glimmer. All that happened was this particular little glimmer died down to a barely visible ember.

Preach !!

SPOT ON and ditto here except I’ve been watching for 40 years.
Reply/Quote

Agree, we all know what happens next too... Could be very easily 3 -5 right now without a few lucky bounces.. This is the year before they hopefully are a contender. That isn't this year yet though..
Reply/Quote
So many drama queens. We lost, it's the NFL, it happens. On to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So many drama queens. We lost, it's the NFL, it happens. On to Cleveland.

ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 3 straight road games is always tough. The defense did a great job in the first 2, and the offense scored over 30+ in all 3. 

Losing to the Jets sucks, no doubt about it. But, it's one game...lost by 3 points...after a HUGE emotional win against a division rival...on the final of a 3 game road stretch...to a team that had their manhood's taken from them last week and were pissed off and fired up this week. 

Actually it's 2 games this team has stunk up the joint. Don't forget the Bears game.

Now 2 out of 8 games (25% of the time) playing horribly as if you didn't even show up to play are not good odds and isn't what very good teams do.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:43 PM)GodFather Wrote: Actually it's 2 games this team has stunk up the joint. Don't forget the Bears game.

Now 2 out of 8 games (25% of the time) playing horribly as if you didn't even show up to play are not good odds and isn't what very good teams do.

So, if 2 road losses by a total of 6 points means you're not a 'very good team'...what does it mean if you win 3 straight road games by 14, 23 and 24? Just curious if the that logic works the other way too?
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the players don’t read this and get comfortable with bengaldom
Reply/Quote
Well at least we weren’t the only big upset today. The Bucs also lost to a backup QB.

Reply/Quote