Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective....
(11-08-2021, 02:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Does anyone know the Bengals record the game after the bye week under MB?

or better yet do we know the Bengals record the game after the bye  week for Zac Taylor? :) 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:58 PM)TJ528 Wrote: No I completely agree with you.  There's a lot of season left.  The next 2 weeks, the bye and the Raiders will tell you a lot about this team. 

If they come out flat against the Raiders like they did against the Browns, they'll once again get their ass handed to them.  

I've seen 0 fight from this defense over the last 2 weeks.  Its' almost after they beat Baltimore they thought they won the division and they're already in the playoffs.  

Yeah, and if that happens, especially after having had TWO weeks to prepare, then it's 'Katy bar the door,' as the old-timers used to say.  We'll be everyone's homecoming team the rest of the way.  Three wins on the back eight would be fortunate, and we can start looking for the dreaded dead cat bounce.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, and if that happens, especially after having had TWO weeks to prepare, then it's 'Katy bar the door,' as the old-timers used to say.  We'll be everyone's homecoming team the rest of the way.  Three wins on the back eight would be fortunate, and we can start looking for the dreaded dead cat bounce.  

The Raiders game is the turning point for this season.  They win that game in Las Vegas and i think they can finish 9-8 or maybe 10-7 because it'll give them confidence.  

If they lose to the Raiders, and their on a 3 game losing streak, I think it's only down hill from there and then the finger pointing starts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:19 PM)TJ528 Wrote: or better yet do we know the Bengals record the game after the bye  week for Zac Taylor? :) 

Ugly so far.

2019: pounded by the Ratbirds 49-13
2020: pounded by the Stealers 36-10
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I absolutely hated yesterday's blowout loss. I a starting to dislike Mayfield as much as I despise Fat Jen. Uncharacteristic game from Chase and Burrow. That said, let's put this season so far in a little perspective. Many people had the Bengals going 4-6 wins tops at the beginning of this season. Yet here we are at the bye, 9 games into the season and we already are sitting on 5 wins, with 8 games left to play. As for the rest of the division, both Cleveland and Baltimore were touted as legit Super Bowl contenders this year coming into the season. And as much as we covet Pissburgh's decline, everyone always says "can't count Pissburgh out", right?

So here we are with the AFCN all knotted up.
Ravens 6-2
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4
Pissburgh 4-3 (play the Bears tonight)

At the very worst we split with the Ravens and the Stealers. If they can pull things together and snatch a win at the dog pound we will split with Cleveland. (nobody thought we'd beat the Ravens at M&T)

So looking ahead... these are the Schedules.

Bengals                             
Bye  
@Raiders                                                           
Steelers                                                                 
Chargers                                                            
49ers                                                            
@Denver                                                         
Ravens                                                             
Chiefs                                                           
@Browns                                                         

Ravens                                                                                           
@Dolphins
@Bears
Browns
@Steelers
@Browns
Packers
@Bengals
Rams
Steelers

Browns
@Patriots
Lions
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@Packers
@Stealers
Bengals

Stealers
Bears
Lions
@Chargers
@Bengals
Ravens
@Vikings
Titans
@Chiefs
Browns
@Ravens

Looking at the Division, the Bengals have 3 road games left, Ravens have 5, Browns have 4 and the Stealers have 5. After next Sunday the Bengals, Ravens and Stealers have already had their Bye week. I don't see any games the Bengals play that scream blatant loss or win. I can possibly see the Browns losing 6 or 7 more and can see the Stealers possibly losing 6-7 more. Unfortunately, I think the Ravens take the Division, but the Wild Card is all knotted up. If the Bengals can get out their funk, they are still right in the thick of things.

You guys must see rainbows, when you see a pile of dog shit laying somewhere...
Reply/Quote
At this point, I'm entering every single game expecting us to lose and hoping they surprise me.

I fell into the trap of "expecting" to beat the Jets and that bit me. I was not willing to "expect" we beat the Browns and I was right that time, but still shocked how badly we lost.

I will just re-iterate what I said in the Browns prediction thread:

Quote:We've seen our team hit extreme highs like beating the tar out of the Steelers and Ravens, something very few people would predict. We've also seen our team hit extraordinary lows, like losing to the Jets, Bears and almost the Jaguars.

This team is so young and so inconsistent that any prediction is a toss up. I believe this team could win against, literally, any team in the NFL. I also think they could lose to, literally, any team in the NFL.

And I'll just leave it at that. Every game will be a coin flip.

I will renew my cynicism about Zac Taylor though. He tricked me with that Baltimore win. But no more. You are what your record says you are and, right now, Zac Taylor is a 0.280 winning percentage head coach (11-29-1).

Even if he ends the season with 10 wins on the season, making him 16-32-1 (.327), I would expect us to let him go and find a new coach. At this point, the only thing that I think should save his job is a deep playoff run.

And I just don't see that happening at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ugly so far.

Yikes!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Tony Wrote: You guys must see rainbows, when you see a pile of dog shit laying somewhere...

Maybe they know Romo?  That guy was giving the Bengals a chance to win the game with 30 left.  lmao!

I did appreciate his overly optimistic view.  It was funny to listen to.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:16 PM)jason Wrote: I'd fell better if they didn't lose back to back games in the same manner... Getting ran the hell over.

Agreed. You space these losses out and make it not leading into a bye week and it feels a little different. I’m just hoping hitting the reset button puts us back on track.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Maybe they know Romo?  That guy was giving the Bengals a chance to win the game with 30 left.  lmao!

That's what I like about him, the enthusiasm.  He just seems to be having so much fun doing his job, and that shows through.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: I usually don't let a couple losses get me too down and try not over react but these last 2 in a row are making it really tough.

Having said that I'll now proceed to overact, don't take it personally OP.

Who gives a crap about the other teams schedules at this point.  The Bengals will either figure out how to start winning again or they wont.  It really doesn't matter who everyone else plays.  If they don't start winning games I honestly don't care who the Browns play or where they play.  Smae with all the other teams in the division.  It doesn't matter.  

Think about it.  Let's say the Raven are going to win the division hypothetically.  Okay so you're implying the Bengal's will be competing against the rest of a log jammed division for a wildcard position?

What about all the other teams?  Why not post their schedules and we can start doing a playoff calculator now?  Chargers, Raiders, KC and Broncos all have 5 wins.  Only 1 can win that division, that other 3 are in the same boat as the Steelers, Browns and Bengals.  The Patriots have quietly worked their way into the conversation and the Colts aren't far away.

The point is the Bengals aren't competing with 2 other teams for a WC.  It's 8 not including the division winners.

Maybe Im missing your point but Im pretty frustrated with this team right now.  I didn't dream they be in this postion at this point of the season and if you'd told me they'd be in the thick of the playoff chase after 9 games I would have been happy.  I think the high of where we were post Ravens win was such that the last 2 weeks have really knocked the wind out of a lot of us and it's hard to believe they can get back to where they were or even be competitive for that matter.

Maybe I'll come back around but ehh, I don't feel great about this team right now.

I posted the other teams schedules because their record directly affects us. And at least 1 wild card is coming from the division imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ugly so far.

So much for getting your team prepared to play their next opponent....damn..
Reply/Quote
Here's some perspective... Eli Apple is awful, but according to PFF, out of the 116 qualified CBs, there's actually 1 somehow worse than him. He's not the worst!

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:34 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So much for getting your team prepared to play their next opponent....damn..

The good news is that if the trend continues, we'll only lose to Vegas by 16.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Here's some perspective... Eli Apple is awful, but according to PFF, out of the 116 qualified CBs, there's actually 1 somehow worse than him. He's not the worst!

Ninja

I assume this is why we picked up Hargraeves. Luckily, he now has the bye week to learn the defense
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At this point, I'm entering every single game expecting us to lose and hoping they surprise me.

I fell into the trap of "expecting" to beat the Jets and that bit me. I was not willing to "expect" we beat the Browns and I was right that time, but still shocked how badly we lost.

I will just re-iterate what I said in the Browns prediction thread:

And I'll just leave it at that. Every game will be a coin flip.

I will renew my cynicism about Zac Taylor though. He tricked me with that Baltimore win. But no more. You are what your record says you are and, right now, Zac Taylor is a 0.280 winning percentage head coach (11-29-1).

Even if he ends the season with 10 wins on the season, making him 16-32-1 (.327), I would expect us to let him go and find a new coach. At this point, the only thing that I think should save his job is a deep playoff run.

And I just don't see that happening at this point.

Unfortunately, we all know there is no way on God's green Earth that MB fires a 9-10 win coach.  If Zac wins 9 or 10 a year he is the next Marvin Lewis.  Better buckle up if he wins 9 or 10 this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Maybe they know Romo?  That guy was giving the Bengals a chance to win the game with 30 left.  lmao!

Romo is the best analyst on tv... Love how he is calling stuff out in the defense and just going the extra mile with stuff. His personality is likeable too. I wish Kevin Harlan was with him though, Nantz an His hello friends BS suck...
Reply/Quote

& Romo stated the Bengals are a well coached team. Talk about empty analysis rooted in BS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Unfortunately, we all know there is now way on God's green Earth that MB fires a 9-10 win coach.  If Zac wins 9 or 10 a year he is the next Marvin Lewis.  Better buckle up if he wins 9 or 10 this year.

It just doesn't make sense why though. Like, they hired Zac Taylor because no one wanted this job. They called some veteran coaches and they didn't even want to talk to the Bengals, let alone interview or consider the job. They had to go all the way down to a freaking QB coach to find someone willing to helm this team.

The team that Lewis left had almost no talent left, they didn't have a premium pick in the following draft and the QB was stuck at Dalton for at least another 1 to 2 years. With a bad owner, this was the most unattractive head coaching role in the entire NFL in 2019.

Now, we have one of the most talented young offenses in the NFL (the shell of it, at least), a potential super star QB, three really, really good WRs, a good RB locked up long term and a few good pieces on the offensive line. And the defense, for all its faults, has some talent on it as well.

This would be a premier coaching position if we opened it up in 2022. We could get the cream of the crop coaching candidates, rather than having to settle for a guy like Zac Taylor.

I feel like getting 9 or 10 wins and then firing ZT is the absolute best case scenario. It's what the Chargers did, after all. I want to follow their trajectory.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Does anyone know the Bengals record the game after the bye week under MB?

(11-08-2021, 02:19 PM)TJ528 Wrote: or better yet do we know the Bengals record the game after the bye  week for Zac Taylor? :) 

(11-02-2021, 12:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals are 3-7 after the bye in the last 10 years. 5-14-1 in the last 20 years. They've lost the last 5 in a row. They play at the Raiders coming off the bye this year.

In those terms...this is a "must win". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote