Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective....
(11-08-2021, 02:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & Romo stated the Bengals are a well coached team. Talk about empty analysis rooted in BS.

What's he gonna say,? The Bengals coaches are complete trash? Surley , in this woke mob , cancel culture, you can't call someone out for being bad at something.. They don't want people changing the channel either.  I don't think you will have to worry about the Bengals having Romo and Nantz again...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's what I like about him, the enthusiasm.  He just seems to be having so much fun doing his job, and that shows through.  

I absolutely agree!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:52 PM)Tony Wrote: What's he gonna say,? The Bengals coaches are complete trash? Surley , in this woke mob , cancel culture, you can't call someone out for being bad at something.. They don't want people changing the channel either.  I don't think you will have to worry about the Bengals having Romo and Nantz again...

He wouldn't have to call them trash. The polar opposite take isn't the only take. He didn't know what to say, so he nonsensically made up something to fill the airwaves. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Many people had the Bengals going 4-6 wins tops at the beginning of this season. Yet here we are at the bye, 9 games into the season and we already are sitting on 5 wins, with 8 games left to play. 

Sure this one side of the coin, the other side was people predicting double digit wins and winning in playoffs? Now that prediction looks to be a pipe dream lets focus on the ones who said 4-6 wins? 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I posted the other teams schedules because their record directly affects us. And at least 1 wild card is coming from the division imo.

Nervous ...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They have one week where they score 17 points with a TON of turnovers and "Every D has figured out how to shut our O down"?  

They just came off games where they scored over 30 in consecutive road games.  

It was a horrible loss.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.  HOWEVER, it was one game.  They got out of it relatively healthy.  They are still right in the thick of things.  Yes, the defense has looked awful for two straight games.  They will figure it out.  

As far as winning 2-3 more games, that may be right, but there is NO ONE on their schedule that is just demolishing teams.  This was a bad matchup against a desperate team and, as I said earlier, everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  It won't be that every week.  I bet they come back with a big road win against the Raiders and we are all very excited about the team again.  

Lots of season left, plenty of opportunity for this to get back on track.  But people said "it's just one game" or "it's just one loss" last week.  "They'll turn it back around the next game, just watch."  And then not only did they lose, at home, against a division rival after being embarrassed by the Jets, they laid a total egg.  Is the season over?  No.  Is there reason to worry?  Yes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If only his dad had waited until early Sunday morning to post that video....
That would have been better.
(11-08-2021, 02:00 PM)TJ528 Wrote: See i call BS on this one though.  When Cincy left NYC last week, they were angry they came out and played flat against the Jets. 

If you're angry you came out flat, then you should've laid an egg against your next competition like they did.  

To me this is on the coaching staff not having the team prepared to play. 
Of course it's on the coaching staff.
(11-08-2021, 02:07 PM)jason Wrote: I understand all that. What I don't understand is someone just throwing it out there that they played with more urgency than we did, and just chalking that up to a little perspective. We're not good enough (if we're any good at all) to get away with playing like we have house money.
Yep we are not talented enough to overcome that shit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: Why was Cleveland more desperate then us though?

Because another loss to an AFC North team would have almost assuredly ended their chances.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I absolutely hated yesterday's blowout loss. I a starting to dislike Mayfield as much as I despise Fat Jen. Uncharacteristic game from Chase and Burrow. That said, let's put this season so far in a little perspective. Many people had the Bengals going 4-6 wins tops at the beginning of this season. Yet here we are at the bye, 9 games into the season and we already are sitting on 5 wins, with 8 games left to play. As for the rest of the division, both Cleveland and Baltimore were touted as legit Super Bowl contenders this year coming into the season. And as much as we covet Pissburgh's decline, everyone always says "can't count Pissburgh out", right?

So here we are with the AFCN all knotted up.
Ravens 6-2
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4
Pissburgh 4-3 (play the Bears tonight)

At the very worst we split with the Ravens and the Stealers. If they can pull things together and snatch a win at the dog pound we will split with Cleveland. (nobody thought we'd beat the Ravens at M&T)

So looking ahead... these are the Schedules.

Bengals                             
Bye  
@Raiders                                                           
Steelers                                                                 
Chargers                                                            
49ers                                                            
@Denver                                                         
Ravens                                                             
Chiefs                                                           
@Browns                                                         

Ravens                                                                                           
@Dolphins
@Bears
Browns
@Steelers
@Browns
Packers
@Bengals
Rams
Steelers

Browns
@Patriots
Lions
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@Packers
@Stealers
Bengals

Stealers
Bears
Lions
@Chargers
@Bengals
Ravens
@Vikings
Titans
@Chiefs
Browns
@Ravens

Looking at the Division, the Bengals have 3 road games left, Ravens have 5, Browns have 4 and the Stealers have 5. After next Sunday the Bengals, Ravens and Stealers have already had their Bye week. I don't see any games the Bengals play that scream blatant loss or win. I can possibly see the Browns losing 6 or 7 more and can see the Stealers possibly losing 6-7 more. Unfortunately, I think the Ravens take the Division, but the Wild Card is all knotted up. If the Bengals can get out their funk, they are still right in the thick of things.
Right now, we have some questionable games.. playing out in Vegas will be tough, Chargers are having a solid year and will be a tough one but we are at home .... KC is starting to play better could be trouble and for sure Browns.. Mayfield has dominated the Bengals and is no 3-0 vs. Burrow and we will be playing at their place late in year.. trouble city... finally Ravens will be loaded for bear against us and they have dominated at our place
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I absolutely hated yesterday's blowout loss. I a starting to dislike Mayfield as much as I despise Fat Jen. Uncharacteristic game from Chase and Burrow. That said, let's put this season so far in a little perspective. Many people had the Bengals going 4-6 wins tops at the beginning of this season. Yet here we are at the bye, 9 games into the season and we already are sitting on 5 wins, with 8 games left to play. As for the rest of the division, both Cleveland and Baltimore were touted as legit Super Bowl contenders this year coming into the season. And as much as we covet Pissburgh's decline, everyone always says "can't count Pissburgh out", right?

So here we are with the AFCN all knotted up.
Ravens 6-2
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4
Pissburgh 4-3 (play the Bears tonight)

At the very worst we split with the Ravens and the Stealers. If they can pull things together and snatch a win at the dog pound we will split with Cleveland. (nobody thought we'd beat the Ravens at M&T)

So looking ahead... these are the Schedules.

Bengals                             
Bye  
@Raiders                                                           
Steelers                                                                 
Chargers                                                            
49ers                                                            
@Denver                                                         
Ravens                                                             
Chiefs                                                           
@Browns                                                         

Ravens                                                                                           
@Dolphins
@Bears
Browns
@Steelers
@Browns
Packers
@Bengals
Rams
Steelers

Browns
@Patriots
Lions
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@Packers
@Stealers
Bengals

Stealers
Bears
Lions
@Chargers
@Bengals
Ravens
@Vikings
Titans
@Chiefs
Browns
@Ravens

Looking at the Division, the Bengals have 3 road games left, Ravens have 5, Browns have 4 and the Stealers have 5. After next Sunday the Bengals, Ravens and Stealers have already had their Bye week. I don't see any games the Bengals play that scream blatant loss or win. I can possibly see the Browns losing 6 or 7 more and can see the Stealers possibly losing 6-7 more. Unfortunately, I think the Ravens take the Division, but the Wild Card is all knotted up. If the Bengals can get out their funk, they are still right in the thick of things.

Here’s a little perspective for you.

Bengals under Zac Taylor. 11–29–1 (.280 winning %)

Zero playoff wins in 31 years.

Laughingstock franchise
Reply/Quote
We’re in decent position going forward. Our schedule is tough, as is the rest of the division’s schedules.

I see us making a run at the playoffs. I don’t see us going deep with our weaknesses in the run game, pass pro, and defensive performances against good offenses. We’re still too shaky on defense and offense at times. Need to firm up on defense and we need improved players at the point of attack on offense. Short yardage situations and obvious passing downs expose this vulnerability. Burrow needs more time and we need a more consistent run game. We’re not there yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think every team in this division will end up with 8+ wins.
I think BAL wins the division.

Based on the remaining schedules and how their opponents look TODAY, I would say you are right.  It is SO ODD this year, though.  The Jets can beat the Titans (who look like poo losing to them) and then turn around and pound the Chiefs and Bills.  For good measure, they pound the Rams without Derrick Henry.  Watch them start to suck ass again in 3, 2, 1....

There is not ONE consistent team this year.  Everyone has worn the poo halo at least once.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Based on the remaining schedules and how their opponents look TODAY, I would say you are right.  It is SO ODD this year, though.  The Jets can beat the Titans (who look like poo losing to them) and then turn around and pound the Chiefs and Bills.  For good measure, they pound the Rams without Derrick Henry.  Watch them start to suck ass again in 3, 2, 1....

There is not ONE consistent team this year.  Everyone has worn the poo halo at least once.  

Who saw the Jaguars beating the Bills? And Denver winning against Dallas  30-16? Jets lost to Colt, but put up 30 points. Giants beat the Raiders. It's the NFL, any week any team can win. That's why it's the only professional sport I watch besides golf. Pissburgh won last night, so the AFCN is all knotted up.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 04:09 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Is the season over?  No.  Is there reason to worry?  Yes. 

This. So much this! It's like the hyperbole of the GameDay threads has made its way into Jungle Noise.

Look, the fact the defense played so poorly in 2 straight games (despite some people's bizarre insistence that it didn't against the Jets) is definitely worrisome, but we have the bye week to figure out what went wrong in those 2 weeks and why the previous weeks the defense was one of the better ones.

So, yes, there are things to worry about, but the season is FAR from over.

Of course, the coaching staff haven't proved themselves to be anything but terrible (early games this season notwithstanding), but here's to hoping these last 2 weeks were the outliers and we'll get back to playing like the 5-2 team we were.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
wow from 1st to 4th in 2 weeks....
Reply/Quote
It was the black uniforms.. They've always sucked in black for reasons I've never understood. They should make orange the default. They almost always do better with orange jerseys..
That's the ticket.. It's the colors they wear. They wooped up on Baltimore with the white socks too.. Why? Who the F knows, but stop with the pretending they'll be all bad n shit wearing black.. it's a black hole for this team.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wow from 1st to 4th in 2 weeks....

And first playoff seed to tenth at the same time.  Hell, only last week we were the 5th seed.  

Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  

[Image: 2426e5e216eadebc8785ea089b20eed0--s-movi...t-pack.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: It was the black uniforms.. They've always sucked in black for reasons I've never understood. They should make orange the default. They almost always do better with orange jerseys..
That's the ticket.. It's the colors they wear. They wooped up on Baltimore with the white socks too.. Why? Who the F knows, but stop with the pretending they'll be all bad n shit wearing black.. it's a black hole for this team.

It's true. It seems like every time they wear those, they lose. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:16 PM)Control513 Wrote: Here’s a little perspective for you.

Bengals under Zac Taylor. 11–29–1 (.280 winning %)

Zero playoff wins in 31 years.

Laughingstock franchise

Here is a little perspective for you:

ZT is 7-5 in his last 12 games with a QB making his 18th start, one of the youngest offensive rosters in the league and a defense cobbled together with some FA talent and some young draft talent.

Aside from the Cleveland game, they have been in EVERY GAME this season.  They are not a joke.  They are a competitive team in a very tough division with a 5-4 record.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here is a little perspective for you:

ZT is 7-5 in his last 12 games with a QB making his 18th start, one of the youngest offensive rosters in the league and a defense cobbled together with some FA talent and some young draft talent.

Aside from the Cleveland game, they have been in EVERY GAME this season.  They are not a joke.  They are a competitive team in a very tough division with a 5-4 record.  

Impressive, I can tell you are proud. All of that and….

Zac Taylor still has a .280 winning percentage Over 3 nfl seasons.

4-16-1 on the road too! I guess when you’re a joke for 30 years, the little things really get fans excited
Reply/Quote