Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little perspective....
If the Bengals come out of the bye looking flat, then all the doom & gloom predictors are probably going to be correct, the back half of the season will be brutal. For now, I'll continue to believe they can go 4-4 which will stop the Lost Decade II in 2021 from going any further than the 5 seasons of 2016-2020.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: ZT is 7-5 in his last 12 games with a QB making his 18th start, one of the youngest offensive rosters in the league and a defense cobbled together with some FA talent and some young draft talent.

This is like complimenting a career 55 Passer Rating QB for completing 34 of his last 55 passes with a TD. 

I can't stop Laughing at this bungle fan logic. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:21 AM)Control513 Wrote: I can't stop Laughing at this bungle fan logic. 

Nor can I stop shaking my head at someone who would consider themselves a fan - while using that particular word.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:42 AM)P W Wrote: Nor can I stop shaking my head at someone who would consider themselves a fan - while using that particular word.

Maybe if they wanted fans or outsiders to stop using the term, they should win a playoff game once every 3-4 decades.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:13 PM)Control513 Wrote: Maybe if they wanted fans or outsiders to stop using the term, they should win a playoff game once every 3-4 decades.

This current group of players has absolutely nothing to do with that ancient history. This team is made up of a bunch of players that have won playoff games on their old teams, and some really young 1st or 2nd year players.

I don’t understand why so many want to dwell in the past. This is an up and coming team that’s currently 5-4. Who cares what the Bengals of 30 years ago did?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This current group of players has absolutely nothing to do with that ancient history. This team is made up of a bunch of players that have won playoff games on their old teams, and some really young 1st or 2nd year players.

I don’t understand why so many want to dwell in the past. This is an up and coming team that’s currently 5-4. Who cares what the Bengals of 30 years ago did?

You’re going to keep saying this year over year over year. We’ll only for 4 more years, actually.

Stadium lease ends after 2025 season. So we only have 4 more years before the bungles leave the city for good.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:31 PM)Control513 Wrote: You’re going to keep saying this year over year over year. We’ll only for 4 more years, actually.

Stadium lease ends after 2025 season. So we only have 4 more years before the bungles leave the city for good.

[Image: jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif]

You honestly think the bengals are going to be a Cincinnati franchise come 2026?

I know you’re trying to defend them. But use some common sense
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:14 AM)Control513 Wrote: Impressive, I can tell you are proud.    All of that and….

Zac Taylor still has a .280 winning percentage Over 3 nfl seasons.  

4-16-1 on the road too!  I guess when you’re a joke for 30 years, the little things really get fans excited

I guess you are not familiar with the concept of trends:

Season 1-  2-14
Season 2-  4-11-1
Season 3- 5-4 after 9 games

But, hey, to each their own.  If you want to just trash the guy and ignore games like the one at Baltimore, and the one against the Packers...two of the best teams in the NFL, then go right ahead.  

Also, in the past 30 years, they had some amazing teams.  The 2005 and 2015 Bengals were headed to the big game before injuries derailed them.  But, enjoy the nasty, inaccurate comments.  If putting down others somehow makes you feel like more of a success, have at it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:21 AM)Control513 Wrote: This is like complimenting a career 55 Passer Rating QB for completing 34 of his last 55 passes with a TD. 

I can't stop Laughing at this bungle fan logic. 

Banhammer WHOOSH, WHOOSH, WHOOSH....
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:31 PM)Control513 Wrote: You’re going to keep saying this year over year over year.  We’ll only for 4 more years, actually.

(11-10-2021, 01:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Banhammer WHOOSH, WHOOSH, WHOOSH....

Totally agree... BAN the obvious troll.  In fact, the term "bungles" should immediately indicate troll-status.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:13 PM)Control513 Wrote: Maybe if they wanted fans or outsiders to stop using the term, they should win a playoff game once every 3-4 decades.

Actually Bengal trolls are the only football fans who ignore regular seasons and Championships and only concentrate on playoff wins.

The average NFL fan can tell you what teams have not won a championship in a long time and what teams have had losing records for years.  But very few can tell you which team have won a playoff game most recently.

When teams like the Browns, Lions, Bills, and Raiders went over a decade without a winning season while we were going to the playoffs on a regular basis not one single NFL fan outside of Cincinnati was saying "The Bengals are a worse franchise because those teams won a playoff game back in the 90's."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually Bengal trolls are the only football fans who ignore regular seasons and Championships and only concentrate on playoff wins.

The average NFL fan can tell you what teams have not won a championship in a long time and what teams have had losing records for years.  But very few can tell you which team have won a playoff game most recently.

When teams like the Browns, Lions, Bills, and Raiders went over a decade without a winning season while we were going to the playoffs on a regular basis not one single NFL fan outside of Cincinnati was saying "The Bengals are a worse franchise because those teams won a playoff game back in the 90's."

Yeah, logic is wasted on this troll.  He's just here for the insults.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah there's a difference between being frustrated at the LONG playoff win drought and feeling like the fans have nothing to show for their support and outright trolling. I think the long term frustration coupled with the hope that the 5-2 start had engendered is why the fanbase has reacted so negatively over the back to back turkeys the team laid. It's like those games are saying the hope was false hope.

This is why it is so critical for the future of the team that they come out of the bye and play clean, efficient football and win at least 9 this season. A finish on the good side of .500 will keep the hope going into offseason. Another sub .500 result no matter the reasons will put things back into "same old B*ngles" territory.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think discussing the future of the bengals in cincy is trolling.

They are one of the worst run, least profitable and least attended teams in the nfl.

Their lease is up. Their owner is cheap and they have been losers for 30+ years

2025 will be the last year of nfl football in cincy. That’s my guess
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 03:27 PM)Control513 Wrote: I don’t think discussing the future of the bengals in cincy is trolling.

They are one of the worst run, least profitable and least attended teams in the nfl.

Their lease is up.  Their owner is cheap and they have been losers for 30+ years

2025 will be the last year of nfl football in cincy. That’s my guess

I've thought about this as well because I believe the tax payers, city, and Bengals ownership are going to have quite a contentious relationship when talking about the franchise remaining in Cincinnati past the current agreement.

So for Bengals fandom, what's the best case scenario if they leave? A relocation to Columbus? I'm from Cincinnati but no longer in the area so I'd be content with a Columbus destination. I'd be disappointed if they ended up in San Antonio, Austin, San Diego, or somewhere unconnected to Ohio.

Edit: If the Bengals leave, I think it permanently ends the NFL in Cincinnati. The league would have better options for locating a team than Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 03:27 PM)Control513 Wrote: They are one of the worst run, least profitable and least attended teams in the nfl.

They have better home attendance this year than 9 other teams.

They are more profitable than 5 other teams.

Not great numbers, but if that is the basis for moving NFL teams the Bengals won't be first on the list.

(11-11-2021, 03:27 PM)Control513 Wrote: they have been losers for 30+ years

Losing teams don't make the playoffs 7 times.

And if you are talking about Championship then 16 NFL teams have been losers for 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 03:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Edit: If the Bengals leave, I think it permanently ends the NFL in Cincinnati. The league would have better options for locating a team than Cincinnati.

That is exactly the reason they won't leave.

NFL teams bring lots of revenue to other businesses in a city.  Cincinnati won't want to lose that.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly the reason they won't leave.

NFL teams bring lots of revenue to other businesses in a city.  Cincinnati won't want to lose that.

Agreed, the city won't want to lose the economic spark of having a pro team and admittedly, I don't follow Cincinnati politics closely but it sure does seem like animosity has been strong toward the Bengals since Paul Brown stadium went up.

If the Browns keep the franchise in Cincinnati, I'm interested in seeing how the process plays out. Will Paul Brown continue to be the home or will the Bengals push for a new stadium? 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 05:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, the city won't want to lose the economic spark of having a pro team and admittedly, I don't follow Cincinnati politics closely but it sure does seem like animosity has been strong toward the Bengals since Paul Brown stadium went up.

If the Browns keep the franchise in Cincinnati, I'm interested in seeing how the process plays out. Will Paul Brown continue to be the home or will the Bengals push for a new stadium? 

At a minimum, it should be a stadium that is backed by a sponsor.  

It should also mandate the Bengals make improvements to the practice field and the overall infrastructure (not on the taxpayers dime)

The Steelers got 60 million from Heinz over 20 years for naming rights.  I think the Bengals could use the cashflow (That is evident) 

There will have to be a lot of concession the Bengals make.  They have never won a playoff game in the stadium, they dont have much leverage IMO.  It might just be easier to leave. 
Reply/Quote