Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
A pissed off Brady - no bueno
(12-14-2022, 02:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Doubt very seriously Tom comes back next season after this seasons debacle. 

Rumor is he wants to finish out his career in San Fran.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Just a beautiful quote from Chase. I've never seen Burrow in the middle of a game chewing out his teammates. Even the OL that was so bad last year, I never saw Burrow complaining during a game or causing dissention by blasting them for not protecting him. He didn't yell at Boyd when he dropped the TD pass or scream at Samaje Perine when he went the wrong way when the blocking was set up on the other side. He didn't blast his coaches for playcalls. He always shows class and doesn't show up his teammates.

The camera will catch Burrow in a closeup show some momentary surprise after some plays. But it is always momentary. He displays class and doesn't denigrate the play of his teammates.

I'm glad Chase said what he said. He shows maturity. He basically acknowledges Burrow takes the higher rode as a teammate, while saying we're a team, we don't show up one another or cause dissention. Errors will always be made. We support each other even when the errors are made. 

I love this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: Rumor is he wants to finish out his career in San Fran.

They have better QBs already.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 11:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: Just a beautiful quote from Chase. I've never seen Burrow in the middle of a game chewing out his teammates. Even the OL that was so bad last year, I never saw Burrow complaining during a game or causing dissention by blasting them for not protecting him. He didn't yell at Boyd when he dropped the TD pass or scream at Samaje Perine when he went the wrong way when the blocking was set up on the other side. He didn't blast his coaches for playcalls. He always shows class and doesn't show up his teammates.

The camera will catch Burrow in a closeup show some momentary surprise after some plays. But it is always momentary. He displays class and doesn't denigrate the play of his teammates.

I'm glad Chase said what he said. He shows maturity. He basically acknowledges Burrow takes the higher rode as a teammate, while saying we're a team, we don't show up one another or cause dissention. Errors will always be made. We support each other even when the errors are made. 

I love this team.

Yes, after Boyd dropped the easy touchdown, Burrow's face went from shock to a grin. They asked Joe about WR's dropping passes last year and he was asked if he ever says anything to them about it. His response was "No, I don't need to say anything to them, they know they dropped it!" Joe is not going to kick them when they are down, so to speak, because it does no one any good. In fact, Joe will probably go right back to them so they can make a catch and move past the drop. I like Brady, but he's a Prima Donna and yells at his teammates like a jerk. There was only 1 player on the Bucs who was "too busy" to attend training camp, and it wasn't any of his receivers.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like them as well

but a little scared the NFL will want Brady to make the playoffs one last time and afraid of biased refs. They got their Big Rapistberger undeserved playoff moment and Brady is way bigger storyline and probably will undeservingly get his moment to ride off into the sunset as well.  Hopefully not at the Bengals expense.

Doubt very seriously Tom comes back next season after this seasons debacle. 

They can still win their sorry-ass division with a loss this week.  After Cincy they have Arizona, Carolina, and Atlanta.  Hardly a gauntlet.  And I could see him putting off the broadcasting gig for ONE MORE YEAR....as the QB of his childhood team, the 49ers.  He would probably structure the contract to make it possible to keep that talent on defense and they could be lethal.  But that is next year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I heard an audio snip of that, and it sounded to me like Brady said "really tough defense" instead of "fairly tough defense".  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly confident of it.  Plus, he has always done his best Lou Holtz when discussing opponents with the press.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 02:13 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I heard an audio snip of that, and it sounded to me like Brady said "really tough defense" instead of "fairly tough defense".  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly confident of it.  Plus, he has always done his best Lou Holtz when discussing opponents with the press.

Eh, let's just pretend he said fairly tough... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: Rumor is he wants to finish out his career in San Fran.

The 49ers starting QB will be Trey Lance next year, if he’s healthy. I don’t see many places where Brady could reasonably land. He’s going to want to play for a contender, but most of the contenders have better options at QB. Maybe either New York team? Tennessee potentially?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 05:35 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The 49ers starting QB will be Trey Lance next year, if he’s healthy. I don’t see many places where Brady could reasonably land. He’s going to want to play for a contender, but most of the contenders have better options at QB. Maybe either New York team? Tennessee potentially?

I still think that it’s most likely that he retires…for good this time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote