Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
A pissed off Brady - no bueno
(12-12-2022, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a real thing. 

It's not a real thing with guys NOT named Brady. Not saying TB is going to beat Cinci. but if you think he's going to lay down and die ESPECIALLY when they are still a 1st place team then you're crazy.

It was just 7 days ago when he led TB to 2 TD's in the last few minutes to beat NO, not 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree with Whacked. Brady and the bucs will be motivated. That team hasnt been reaching their potential with that shitty coaching staff

Expect a very tight contested game.

Why, though? Were the Bucs "motivated" after getting blown out by the Panthers? Came back the next week and lost 27-22 to the Ravens. 2nd highest points the Bucs scored this season and they still lost.

The Bengals just need to score more than 22 points and they'll win the game. The Bucs have scored more than 22 points in a game one time this season. Against the Chiefs in early October. And they STILL lost the game. Hell, they lost the 1 game they scored exactly 22 points in. Every other game they've scored 21 points or less. I'm more than confident we can keep them from scoring 20 points or more; angry Brady or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I agree with all who contributed. I'm staying my ass home.

what does this mean? You know you dont play for the bengals, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:21 AM)kalibengal Wrote: im "purdy sure" we can win

Actually, I would like to see that SB happen. #1 vs Mr. Irrelevant.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:36 PM)higgy100 Wrote: It's not a real thing with guys NOT named Brady. Not saying TB is going to beat Cinci. but if you think he's going to lay down and die ESPECIALLY when they are still a 1st place team then you're crazy.

It was just 7 days ago when he led TB to 2 TD's in the last few minutes to beat NO, not 2 years.

Brady's QB rating was 84.0 against the Saints. He threw over 50 passes, but only had 280 yards and 2 TDs (and 1 INT).

And we are far and away a better team than New Orleans.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a thing. 

Go to the game and i will guarantee a win. 

I playfully refer to it as a “curse.”

But 0-11 is 0-11. Pretty strong correlation.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what does this mean? You know you dont play for the bengals, right?

I don’t?

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Brady's QB rating was 84.0 against the Saints. He threw over 50 passes, but only had 280 yards and 2 TDs (and 1 INT).

And we are far and away a better team than New Orleans.

So would the magic be there then if he was 35-45 for 330 yards prior to the comeback but threw a pick in the closing seconds to lose the game? This isn't about stats/QB rating but the greatest QB in NFL history still guiding a 1st place team who will not quit. I hope you understand that they are still playing for something.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:48 PM)higgy100 Wrote: So would the magic be there then if he was 35-45 for 330 yards prior to the comeback but threw a pick in the closing seconds to lose the game? This isn't about stats/QB rating but the greatest QB in NFL history still guiding a 1st place team who will not quit. I hope you understand that they are still playing for something.

Then what happened in the 7 losses? Did Tom Brady quit in those games? 4 of those losses were by less than a TD. Did Tom Brady give up in those games? 

And coming back to win in the last couple minutes of the game is impressive, but when it's a team that's currently 4-9 doesn't exactly scream EVERYBODY WATCH OUT FOR MOTIVATED TOM BRADY!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Burrow with a a half-eaten banana split in his left hand and a football in the right scares me more than this variation of Tommy Brady; regardless of his temperament.

I will likely be in attendance at that game, however, and I'm thinking about staying home. I have never - as in not one time - ever seen the Bengals win in person.

I acknowledged the curse when I was in Tampa for the Justin Smith personal foul for sacking Bruce Gratkowski in a non-friendly manner which led to a 60+ yard game-winning field goal.

All told, I'm 0-11 as things sit.

(12-12-2022, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a thing. 

Go to the game and i will guarantee a win. 

Also, we're something like 45-0 when rfaulk guarantees a win, so go to your game. If we lose, you can always brag that your streak has continued while his has not. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Also, we're something like 45-0 when rfaulk guarantees a win, so go to your game. If we lose, you can always brag that your streak has continued while his has not. 

Might be worth it to see which streak blinks.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:36 PM)higgy100 Wrote: It's not a real thing with guys NOT named Brady. Not saying TB is going to beat Cinci. but if you think he's going to lay down and die ESPECIALLY when they are still a 1st place team then you're crazy.

New Orleans...lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:46 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I playfully refer to it as a “curse.”

But 0-11 is 0-11. Pretty strong correlation.

Let me axt you a question. Were any of those games with Joe Burrow as QB?

If not, you should be well aware that the Cincinnati Burrows are all about breaking streaks. If you ever wanted your streak broken, it should be right now. 

Even if any of them were, you personally had nothing to do with the losing. It was going to happen how it happened all along, regardless of who was there, what jersey someone was wearing or what they ate for breakfast. 

Routines are great. I used to do it, but routines are for the person doing the routine, it has zero bearing on the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The one thing that impacts Brady the most is pressure up the middle, not letting him step up into the pocket. We need BJ and DJ to have big games.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let me axt you a question. Were any of those games with Joe Burrow as QB?

If not, you should be well aware that the Cincinnati Burrows are all about breaking streaks. If you ever wanted your streak broken, it should be right now. 

Even if any of them were, you personally had nothing to do with the losing. It was going to happen how it happened all along, regardless of who was there, what jersey someone was wearing or what they ate for breakfast. 

Routines are great. I used to do it, but routines are for the person doing the routine, it has zero bearing on the game. 

Believe me when I say I acknowledge the absurdity of the construct known as "curses."

I know the Bengals aren't going to win or lose if I wear the wrong hat. However, I still have this one stupid hat that I love, but will no longer wear on Sundays because when I do, they lose every freaking time. 

When that flag was thrown on Smith and that super-long field goal went through the uprights, I starting thinking "man, I gotta stop coming to these."

0-11 is a strong correlation but stats folk know correlation does not imply causation. And I rejected the NIL hypothesis.

It's just part of the strange, crazy world of being a sports fan. 

Reply/Quote
I'm not scared of him because, like other people said, it looks like age is finally catching up with him.

That said, I'm still not taking him lightly because he is the GOAT for a reason.

Play tight coverage and blitz......... force him to get rid of the ball quick and try to throw the ball downfield because he can't throw the ball downfield anymore.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p6oox063cxyb33l5wy...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
"You should have stayed at home, boy."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Burrow with a a half-eaten banana split in his left hand and a football in the right scares me more than this variation of Tommy Brady; regardless of his temperament.

I will likely be in attendance at that game, however, and I'm thinking about staying home. I have never - as in not one time - ever seen the Bengals win in person.

I acknowledged the curse when I was in Tampa for the Justin Smith personal foul for sacking Bruce Gratkowski in a non-friendly manner which led to a 60+ yard game-winning field goal.

All told, I'm 0-11 as things sit.

Don't sweat it man, Joe Burrow is the curse breaker. 

Go to the game and enjoy watching the changing of the guard and the torch passing from Brady to Burrow in person. 

Joe has got you covered so go and enjoy the entertainment, Who-Dey ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 09:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't sweat it man, Joe Burrow is the curse breaker. 

Go to the game and enjoy watching the changing of the guard and the torch passing from Brady to Burrow in person. 

Joe has got you covered so go and enjoy the entertainment, Who-Dey ! 

i agree with this. 

Although, I would add that if you did believe in curses, I would start with your name: RunKijanaRun. Talk about a bad run of injuries. Ki-Jana Carter couldn't seem to get through a season:

A torn ligament in his knee on his third carry of his first preseason game of his rookie year and missed the entire 1995 season.
Two years later, a torn rotator cuff in his left shoulder.
Next year, missed the entire season after breaking his left wrist.
Next year, missed the entire season after dislocating his right kneecap.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady can always kill you.

I just don’t get scared by Tom Brady in 2022.

But i do acknowledge he could go off
-Housh
Reply/Quote