Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A positive thread...
(03-09-2017, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hasn't Wisniewski been hurt a lot though?

Fournette is the #1 guy I want at 9. If he's not there, I'd be a lot more willing to trade down and nab a tackle...although I doubt the Bengals take a tackle so soon after Ogbuehi and Fisher.

Why draft a RB when we have no O line?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I create a positive thread and none of the people griping about all the negativity post in it. Go figure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I gotta admit that the negativity is a bit overwhelming right now. I fully understand where people are coming from, and I've participated in the venting some myself. That said, I think it'd be nice to get some actual discussion going that isn't just venting or complaining. So...even though our already bad o-line got substantially worse today, I do like that (a) we retained LaFell and Kirkpatrick and (b) the o-line is still the only massive problem with this team, player-wise.

Having those two on board not only opens up the draft some, but should also enable the team to part with Pacman. So since we know what our main problem is, name 3 things you think the Bengals could do to get this team back in the playoff hunt. It could be free agents or maybe you have your eye on some particular guys in the draft.

So what can we do to fix this team for 2017?

1- Bring in Wisnewski at Center.
2- Bring in Ryan Clady at OT.
3- Draft BPA at 9, whether it is a fast receiver (John Ross or Corey Davis), Pass rusher (Derek Barnett or Solomon Thomas) or RB.

I think this would be a decent start.
Reply/Quote
Trying to stay positive, last night I kept going back and forth.

Last year, we had a horrible line. It was just bad. Everyone pointed to the center as the reason, but all the blame can't be placed on Bodine. I think if it had been a normal year (not contracts for Whit and Zeitler) and if it had been somebody besides Whit (who is generally liked by everybody), people would have been calling for changes. More than just 'we need a new center.'

We started in that direction a couple years ago, drafting OL.

I don't think the line will be much better next year, but I honestly don't think it will be any worse. And long-term, we might be better off for it.
Reply/Quote
I want to say we're rebuilding...but we knew Zeitler was gone. We're really just a 35-year old Whitworth down who would have likely declined to begin with.
Reply/Quote
We still have 11 draft picks!!! ThumbsUp

And we don't have to worry about paying Whit and Z!!! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I am positively certain there is little hope this team can do much next season let alone win in the playoffs.

But the key words are little hope, as in winning the mega millions kinda hope.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Why draft a RB when we have no O line?

I have thought the same until i realized we would be drafting a young guy and we may have a good line again someday. Maybe even soon who really knows? You just have to have somebody (Andy?) whisper "look, this line sucks it isn't you" in the new fellas ear so he doesn't lose his confidence.

Boom insta Super Bowl in 20!!! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote