Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A win in 2 weeks would go a long way for Taylor
(11-02-2020, 01:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The Steelers game could very well be the biggest game of ZT's career. It could be a major turning point for this Bengals team. The Titans nearly beat the Steelers 2 games ago, so I don't see why we shouldn't put up a pretty good fight.

Honestly, with Joe Burrow, I think we've got a shot against anybody. The throws that guy makes, it's like he doesn't even need them to be open to have a shot. I think we've turned a corner, but you can bet the Steelers will be ready. I expect a very dirty game.
It's their MO.

Pittsburgh was dominating Tennessee... I don't know if the Titans were in position to win at the end with the ball, but for much of the day, it wasn't a close game... It was 24-7 at the half.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He even looked a bit like Chad on that sideline catch yesterday.

I didn't think he got it til they showed the replay... Helluva catch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Somebody has got those guys playing hard and Zac deserves some credit. I'd never seen a quarterback escape three sacks ON THE SAME PLAY until yesterday. Whatever happens it will be fun to watch, and the number one priority is keeping those Pittsburgh thugs from hurting Joe B. and Joe M.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: Pittsburgh was dominating Tennessee... I don't know if the Titans were in position to win at the end with the ball, but for much of the day, it wasn't a close game... It was 24-7 at the half.

Ummmm we Bengal fans should know.... a game is FOUR QUARTERS.  The 1st half is irrelevant, only the final score matters.
The Titans did indeed have the ball at the end, their kicker missed a game-tying FG with 0:14 remaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iLi9XXAmSQ&feature=onebox
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:35 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: ...and the number one priority is keeping those Pittsburgh thugs from hurting Joe B. and Joe M.

Absolutely.

They know their time with Ben is coming to an end... and that the "future" of the division at QB is in place with ALL 3 of the other teams.
I'd bet money they'll target/try to injure them, every chance they get.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:47 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Absolutely.

They know their time with Ben is coming to an end... and that the "future" of the division at QB is in place with ALL 3 of the other teams.
I'd bet money they'll target/try to injure them, every chance they get.

Mayfield is still a question mark, imo. He doesn’t seem to be able to consistently play well against anyone but us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s more important in reverse. We need to stop their pass rush to stand a chance.

Yeah, I've watched their defense play four times already. They keep showing the Steelers for "regional" coverage instead of Miami or Jax.

Ben looks as good as he's looked in years. Our defense must get Conner on the ground. He runs hard and gets through arm tackles. They have three (healthy) legit WRs in Ju-Shu, Johnson, and Claypool. Tough task for any D. Not just ours.

This is their best defense in a few years. Their defense has been pretty damn dominant. Really tough task fir JB and crew.

Their weakness is in tiring out their terrific defense. We need long sustained drives with TDs at the end. Essentially, keep their D on the field and get them winded. 

That seems to be the best way to defeat them. Maybe force Ben into a pick or fumble from holding onto the ball too long. Having watched them play, I don't like our chances, but anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: Pittsburgh was dominating Tennessee... I don't know if the Titans were in position to win at the end with the ball, but for much of the day, it wasn't a close game... It was 24-7 at the half.

Titans came back.  They were first and 10 on PIT 25 with a minute to go.  Ended up with a penalty and then a missed FG and shot themselves in the foot.  Steelers are beatable.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:37 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We can beat those guys.
Yes we can. The question is can we beat the referees / replay official in NY...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
We are not beating them this year. Cleveland and Tenn both have terrible defenses with virtually no pass rush. Keeping Joe healthy is the main goal because they will get a ton of pressure on him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It would take a biblical miracle or Divine Intervention for the Bengals to beat the Steelers this year. I just do not want Burrow to take many hits and come out of the game alive.

Like it or not, unless there are serious injuries in Steeler land, they will be favored to win the super bowl and the only team with a chance of knocking them out is KC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The Beginning of the Marvin Era was when we beat the unbeaten Chiefs. If Taylor wants to change the culture a win in 2 weeks would be a huge step beating the 8-0 Steelers.

The meager winning percentage of this coaching staff has set the bar very low for judging improvement. One win, even against Tennessee, in an ocean of losses proves very little, if anything at all.

If a championship is the goal, then there's nothing this team has shown under this coaching staff that would correlate to a championship team.

However, a win against the Steelers is different than any other win, even a win over Baltimore, which has also eluded Taylor.

Reply/Quote
I will say this, if we somehow manage to beat Pitt after the bye, we're going on a winning streak and will end up 10-5-1. yes, I know we play them again and Baltimore 1 more time, but beating Pitt that first time is going to be the catalyst that turns this team from one that loses close games to one that wins them and then wins big.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I still say he sucks. We won a second game. That's good, but no time to start breaking out champagne just yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 07:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I will say this, if we somehow manage to beat Pitt after the bye, we're going on a winning streak and will end up 10-5-1. yes, I know we play them again and Baltimore 1 more time, but beating Pitt that first time is going to be the catalyst that turns this team from one that loses close games to one that wins them and then wins big.

We're still not ready for the Steelers this year.  Next year, we will be ready for anybody.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just don't see how.  Our defense is horrible at pressuring/sacking the QB.  If we can't get to Pig Pen he'll tear us apart.

Won't we have Hubbard back possibly for this game?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
TJ Watt will be trying to take Burrow out of the game..... count on it. Whoever is playing RT needs to plant him early.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: TJ Watt will be trying to take Burrow out of the game..... count on it. Whoever is playing RT needs to plant him early.

Ah yes...The Steeler Way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: TJ Watt will be trying to take Burrow out of the game..... count on it. Whoever is playing RT needs to plant him early.

(11-02-2020, 09:16 PM)McC Wrote: Ah yes...The Steeler Way.

Palmer 2.0

Can't beat 'em just maim them....

Same cheap shit, different year

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Palmer 2.0

Can't beat 'em just maim them....

Same cheap shit, different year

Yep.  And don't forget Tyler Eifert and AJ Green...and, as a blast from the past, Ickey Woods.

Reply/Quote