Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A win in 2 weeks would go a long way for Taylor
The Beginning of the Marvin Era was when we beat the unbeaten Chiefs. If Taylor wants to change the culture a win in 2 weeks would be a huge step beating the 8-0 Steelers.
Reply/Quote
They’re actually 7-0. Let’s not give them anymore credit than we have to lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I wish. That's not happening, but would be great. Steelers are a veteran team with great continuity, they probably won't be sleeping on us. Could get real ugly.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re actually 7-0. Let’s not give them anymore credit than we have to lol

They play the Cowboys next week. Need I say more?
Reply/Quote
Maybe they can pull some strings and get Chad to guarantee a victory.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see how. Our defense is horrible at pressuring/sacking the QB. If we can't get to Pig Pen he'll tear us apart.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
A win over Pittsburgh would do wonders for everyone. However, I'm not ready to put that cart in front of the horse. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers game could very well be the biggest game of ZT's career. It could be a major turning point for this Bengals team. The Titans nearly beat the Steelers 2 games ago, so I don't see why we shouldn't put up a pretty good fight.

Honestly, with Joe Burrow, I think we've got a shot against anybody. The throws that guy makes, it's like he doesn't even need them to be open to have a shot. I think we've turned a corner, but you can bet the Steelers will be ready. I expect a very dirty game.
It's their MO.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
if we can buy a pass rush we will have a 50/50 shot.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The Steelers game could very well be the biggest game of ZT's career.  It could be a major turning point for this Bengals team.  The Titans nearly beat the Steelers 2 games ago, so I don't see why we shouldn't put up a pretty good fight.

Honestly, with Joe Burrow, I think we've got a shot against anybody.  The throws that guy makes, it's like he doesn't even need them to be open to have a shot.  I think we've turned a corner, but you can bet the Steelers will be ready.  I expect a very dirty game.
It's their MO.

Ain't it great Joe
Reply/Quote
As long as they still beat the bad teams, then yes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We can beat those guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The Beginning of the Marvin Era was when we beat the unbeaten Chiefs. If Taylor wants to change the culture a win in 2 weeks would be a huge step beating the 8-0 Steelers.

i think a better change of the culture will be getting on a winning streak over beating the Steelers, this club has very little memory tied into Marvin Era... but does have a memory of last two years, after Pitt we have Wash, Giants, Dolphins and Cowboys.. How about we win 3 of those 4 and put us at 5-7-1  with three to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: if we can buy a pass rush we will have a 50/50 shot.....

I think it’s more important in reverse. We need to stop their pass rush to stand a chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s more important in reverse. We need to stop their pass rush to stand a chance.

Agreed. Our defense has shown no ability to hold anyone other than the Tyrod Taylor led Chargers under 20 points a game. Our only hope is to protect Burrow enough to put up more than that.

Reply/Quote
I fear Eric Ebron is going to have a huge day.
Chase Claypool.isnt no.joke either.

The Steelers have playmakers at all 3 levels at the defense.
The Bengals defense needs to play perfect to give us a chance.
Lawson needs to go off. Shaun Williams historically has played big vs the Steelers.

I fear Joe Burrow is going to think.He has to carry this offense to win and do too much.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The Beginning of the Marvin Era was when we beat the unbeaten Chiefs. If Taylor wants to change the culture a win in 2 weeks would be a huge step beating the 8-0 Steelers.
The culture is just fine already.  Other than Dunlap going into menopause and a couple unconfirmed rumors, there haven't been any issues.

Trade Ross today and it's all good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Maybe they can pull some strings and get Chad to guarantee a victory.

Higgins is wearing 85... Do it Tee.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: The culture is just fine already.  Other than Dunlap going into menopause and a couple unconfirmed rumors, there haven't been any issues.

Trade Ross today and it's all good.

I heard rumors about a potential Ross trade involving a fruit roll up.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:21 PM)jason Wrote: Higgins is wearing 85... Do it Tee.

He even looked a bit like Chad on that sideline catch yesterday.

Reply/Quote