Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
Feel great for Andy to get a shot this year. I'll enjoy watching him play in the NFC North (games broadcasted in my area). The bears are a good team for him. He'll play second fiddle to the Packers, but should win some games next year. Dalton could turn the Bears into a wildcard team. They may take the Vikings wild card spot if their defense has the same amount of talent as last year. But that Vikings offense is good.

Good to see Andy get a shot this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton fans get another season to see if he can win a playoff game. They said he could do it in Dallas but failed. They wanted him in Chicago to begin with, they said he could win a superbowl there lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wish Andy the best, but having another bad OL is rough on the man. Damn, can't the dude catch a break lol

but at least he has experience with that sort of thing and a fast release.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 04:32 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Dalton fans get another season to see if he can win a playoff game. They said he could do it in Dallas but failed. They wanted him in Chicago to begin with, they said he could win a superbowl there lol.

We never needed Andy to win a playoff game, just not lose one. I think it'll be similar wherever he finishes up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hear their offensive line is currently bad

So Chicago has to fix that in order to get good production out of Andy boBandy

True, but he did handle the bad line in Dallas pretty well down the stretch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good for Andy. Say what you want about him but he is a good man and I wish him success.
Reply/Quote
Saw this gem:

[Image: EwyUnRdWgAUy4xK?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bears have a bad history with quarterbacks, although it's neat to see Andy playing in my state (even though the Titans are closer by 100 miles). I just hope he doesn't end up getting killed. The Bears seem to have some good players for him to throw to, and maybe they can sneak in as a wild card like last year.
Reply/Quote
If they can provide any sort of reasonable blocking Andy will do well.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good for Andy. Say what you want about him but he is a good man and I wish him success.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I've been with him for a long time. I became a Dalton fan because I'm a Bengal fan and thought that he carried himself well despite being under one of the worst game day coaches in Marvin Lewis and one of the worst GMs in Mike Brown.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
https://sports.yahoo.com/andy-dalton-production-bengals-break-001617620.html

All these Bears fans are mad they didn't get Russell Wilson, and I get that. They've never had an elite QB.

That said, it's pretty funny that Dalton's career would rate him as the best QB in Bears history by a country mile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trubisky and Dalton are the same.

Trubisky is bad but he had more wins than the scrapheap vets the Bears paid like 50 million bucks to play with the same teams.  They overpaid and in one case traded for Glennon, Foles and now Dalton and gave them all starter money forfar less wins than bust Mitch fell into.

Nuts to Mitch but geez does their GM stink. 

Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter, but I know off the top of my head he started a game that Foles came in and won, so it's more like 28-21
Foles is 2-5, but I'll call it 3-5
Glennon went 1-3
and I know football is a team game, but since Trunbisky came into the league Dalton has gone 18-31

So the Bears cut bait on a guy on a rookie deal who went 28-21 but burned up their checkbook and spent a 4th round pick to get vet QBs who went 4-8 in the same system and now they're adding a guy who hasn't had a winning season since 2015 to take over at QB in the most "Bears" move ever.  Keep in mind their GM not only handed out huge awful contracts to Glennon, Foles, and Dalton (time will tell if it pays off, I guess) but he also traded up in the 2017 draft so he could grab Trubisky because he was terrified of being stuck with Watson or Mahommes.  Ouch.

(03-17-2021, 12:28 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Feel great for Andy to get a shot this year. I'll enjoy watching him play in the NFC North (games broadcasted in my area). The bears are a good team for him. He'll play second fiddle to the Packers, but should win some games next year. Dalton could turn the Bears into a wildcard team. They may take the Vikings wild card spot if their defense has the same amount of talent as last year. But that Vikings offense is good.

Good to see Andy get a shot this year.

The Bears were a wild card team in 2020 (I can see why people would forget they were, honestly) and they even went 12-4 and won the division in 2018.  Dalton making them a wild card team isn't exactly progress.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 04:32 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Dalton fans get another season to see if he can win a playoff game. They said he could do it in Dallas but failed. They wanted him in Chicago to begin with, they said he could win a superbowl there lol.

Well if Prescott would not have dug such a hole for them before injury.. maybe Dalton would have.. but then im sure concussion and virus had something to do with it.. :)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 03:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if Prescott would not have dug such a hole for them before injury.. maybe Dalton would have.. but then im sure concussion and virus had something to do with it.. :)

Ah typical dalton defender ,excuses pouring in
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trubisky is bad but he had more wins than the scrapheap vets the Bears paid like 50 million bucks to play with the same teams.  They overpaid and in one case traded for Glennon, Foles and now Dalton and gave them all starter money forfar less wins than bust Mitch fell into.

Nuts to Mitch but geez does their GM stink. 

Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter, but I know off the top of my head he started a game that Foles came in and won, so it's more like 28-21
Foles is 2-5, but I'll call it 3-5
Glennon went 1-3
and I know football is a team game, but since Trunbisky came into the league Dalton has gone 18-31

So the Bears cut bait on a guy on a rookie deal who went 28-21 but burned up their checkbook and spent a 4th round pick to get vet QBs who went 4-8 in the same system and now they're adding a guy who hasn't had a winning season since 2015 to take over at QB in the most "Bears" move ever.  Keep in mind their GM not only handed out huge awful contracts to Glennon, Foles, and Dalton (time will tell if it pays off, I guess) but he also traded up in the 2017 draft so he could grab Trubisky because he was terrified of being stuck with Watson or Mahommes.  Ouch.

The Bears were a wild card team in 2020 (I can see why people would forget they were, honestly) and they even went 12-4 and won the division in 2018.  Dalton making them a wild card team isn't exactly progress.

Have a few friends up in Chicago part of letting him go with "attitude".. not well liked in the clubhouse is the vibe and the cut bait with him even with a winning record seems to lend to that thinking.. Dalton/Foles are solid enough to move Chicago especially if they can improve in depth at WR and couple other areas on offense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 03:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have a few friends up in Chicago part of letting him go with "attitude".. not well liked in the clubhouse is the vibe and the cut bait with him even with a winning record seems to lend to that thinking.. Dalton/Foles are solid enough to move Chicago especially if they can improve in depth at WR and couple other areas on offense. 

I can see why the Bears are moving on from Trubisky, and the guy signing in Buffalo isn't exactly a good look for the Bears' GM.  With that being said, if Chicago could do something with mediocre vet QBs they would have more than a single SB in 100 years because they've started practically every ho-hum QB there is.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 03:04 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Ah typical dalton defender ,excuses pouring in

2-3 under Dak.. 3-4 under Dalton.. hmm
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2-3 under Dak.. 3-4 under Dalton.. hmm

I feel like more people want to hate on dalton than compliment him

He’s an upgrade to the bears’ qb position
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:43 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I feel like more people want to hate on dalton than compliment him

He’s an upgrade to the bears’ qb position

I have a feeling he's going to ball out this year, which would be funny given how many people are bashing the Bears over this.
Reply/Quote
Lol

He’s so good, the bears super bowl odds went from 40:1 to 50:1 once they signed the red haired, noodle arm, panicked loser.

Watching him continue to suck is going to be hilarious
Reply/Quote