Joe M.
Tee H.
Eli A.
Sam H.
BJ H.
Shooter
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Championship Game Game Ball
(01-30-2022, 10:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Upon even FURTHER contemplation, maybe I should ask my vote be changed to OTHER for Andy Reid. He had the ability to essentially demoralize us with points at the end of the half and then get the ball back to start the second half when we had shown zero ability to stop them. Instead, he went for it and that stopped fired EVERYONE up. That play changed the entire game! So, am I wrong to think Game Ball Andy Reid?

That was on Mahomes. Reid said the throw was supposed to go into the EZ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow made so many plays with his legs to keep us in the game. And win the game. Without him we don't get in FG range. I gotta go Burrow. Defense was awesome! WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As long as McPherson keeps nailing 4/4 FGs a game with 50+ mixed in there, he has to keep being my choice.

He's 2 FGs away from tying the most FGs made in a single postseason in NFL history.

Voted the same.  Hopefully in two weeks he'll just have to kick about six XPs  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: I have a feeling Blue Oyster Cult is going to be a big thing this week in Cincy.

Go Go Godzilla just slayed the Reaper 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was on Mahomes. Reid said the throw was supposed to go into the EZ.

Huh.  I had not seen that.  Regardless, it is on Reid for choosing to go for it instead of kicking the field goal.  I'm pretty sure that Mahomes would have thrown into the end zone if the play was there.  Guessing everyone was well covered, thus the check down pass.
Reply/Quote
We are going to the fking SUPER BOWLLLLLL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Other...Lou for whatever voodoo he pulled out at halftime.

That second half defense was insane. It just does not make sense. Our pass defense is not that good.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let's get it.

"Don't Fear the Reaper." Rock On

One poster on here suggested a meme with Mahomes as the grim reaper in the foreground and Burrow in the background smoking a cigar.

Someone please make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That second half defense was insane.  It just does not make sense.  Our pass defense is not that good.

I think at some point they figured out the refs were not going to call defensive holding and adjusted accordingly.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow never shows any quit

Mixon was showing big heart out there today

Higgins stepped up when the bengals really needed it

MacDaddy is incredible and just 4 years out of high school, dude has ice water running through his veins already. Records will tumble from his leg

But think it has to go to the defense who held a potent KC offense to 3 points in the entire second half and OT. Remarkable feat AGAIN.

So its between Hubbard and BJ and both are very worthy as well as everybody listed.

But BJ Hill picking off ball in the AFC Championship game against Mahomes, when the Bengals needed it the most got his very first INT of his career and gets my vote.

Yet could have just closed my eyes and thrown a dart at the names and hit a worthy game ball recipient.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...but that INT though..

DB had a handfull of Chase's jersey coming out of his break...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: DB had a handfull of Chase's jersey coming out of his break...

I thought the Chiefs jumped early, too, but oh well. Didn’t end up mattering.

Reply/Quote
Bj hill... The int was a complete game changer.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hill changed the game.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:13 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Just the defence as a whole. The Line did a great job of getting pressure on Mahomes as the game went on. Coverage on what is a ridiculously good set of receivers was very good most of the game.

We don't win that game without the defence. Might have been a blowout. The Chiefs put up 42 points and 42 points in the past 2 weeks. Our defence gives up 21 in a half, and then almost shuts out that same offence in the next half and a drive. Can't think of one guy who made the absolute difference, but that Hill pick was a huge swing on it's own. But every stop we got in that 2nd half was huge too.

Yeah in this case I'd say Lou if it's one person.  The way the defense made stops and handled Mahones in the 2nd half was again a thing of beauty.  
Reply/Quote
1000 percent has to be the entire defensive unit. I jumped to the end so not sure if anyone posted it but I'm curious about the post game locker room. Specifically who Taylor gave the game ball to? Had to be the Defense.

I voted BJ Hill. Had the pick. But it could've gone to just about anybody on defense. Really liked the big runs at the end by Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:36 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: BJ Hill for me, made a big play when we HAD to have it.
This is my pick too. Not only was it a huge play, when we needed it, but to me it was also the tipping point for when mahomes went from Superman to Akili Smith.

Funny to think about the grand scheme of things, that Billy Price selection doesn't look so bad right about now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
this one was tough, I selected BJ, as any sane man would
Reply/Quote
I'm split between Hubbard and BJ. The sacks and the pick and the fumble... Mahomes seemed genuinely rattled. The secondary was playing great man, but that line was giving Mahomes nightmares and it showed.

Mad credit to the offense for once again rebounding in the second half and finding a way to make it work (and without Uzo). But that defense was lights out against an insane offense and I've got to give them the ball. Going into the game, I figured they'd be the make or break, and wow did they deliver.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think at some point they figured out the refs were not going to call defensive holding and adjusted accordingly.

This right here. The no calls of this crew left me scratching my head. There was offensive and defensive holding all over the place. When apple got flagged I thought for sure he must have mugged him. He did but In the context of what they didn’t call it wasn’t horrid. That’s how lax they were
Reply/Quote