Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
I feel no sympathy for Ossai crying on the bench.
You were stupid and cost them a shot at OT
He played a good game then cost them a chance at OT
Reply/Quote
So to the guys in that ref crew thread that tried to act like the crew didnt matter please STFU and dont post this week you f***** dumbasses
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Honestly this may have been a blessing. Bengals will be back next year. Chiefs Bengals AFC championship will be the new norm.

I don't think they could have beat the Eagles this year and you don't want to go on a run of losing super bowls.
The online needs to get healthy and regroup for next year.
Better protection and we win that game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why didn’t they punt it out of bounds???
Reply/Quote
Kind of the way the year began with FG's beating us.
Reply/Quote
Bengals played like crap. Running game sucked. Burrow threw 2 picks. Defense let players be wide open all day. No sacks. O Line was garbage. Receivers couldn’t get open. Burrow threw passes in the ground once he heard foot steps. Just a bad played game.
Reply/Quote
Sorry Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
Well it was a hard fought game. Hate to Ossai put it on himself like that. To me the offense needed to do more. But the oline struggles and of course the one game we look like we might be using Boyd he gets hurt. Just unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let me hear from all of you who think refs didn’t royally screw bengals.

Among other things blatant block in back on last punt return.

Pi call on apple

Intentional grounding.

No roughing the passer on last series

Stopping the play

Totally screwed up officiated game.

This league absolutely influences games. Anyone who thinks otherwise is extremely naive. Not scripted but absolutely influenced by bad spots, no-calls, etc...
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:11 AM)Housh Wrote: So to the guys in that ref crew thread that tried to act like the crew didnt matter please STFU and dont post this week you f***** dumbasses

The offense didn't play well enough to win.

Last 2 drives of 4th quarter...couldn't score to win the game.
Reply/Quote
Special teams, offensive line woes and a few costly penalties and 1 really dumb. Offensive line was really the biggest issue. Offense had their chances but just couldn’t properly protect. I’m not disappointed, they showed up well but just fell a bit short with their line issues.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly this may have been a blessing. Bengals will be back next year. Chiefs Bengals AFC championship will be the new norm.

I don't think they could have beat the Eagles this year and you don't want to go on a run of losing super bowls.

Huh? Losing is NEVER a blessing. All it does is yet again leave the long suffering fans (not the Johnny come latelys) with nothing to show for their support. By the time this team hoists a Lombardi none of the old timers will still be around...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: That was a awful, painful loss. Sorry Bengals fans. Hoping for a Bengals v. Bills AFC Championship next year.
Yeah it's painful, but it's expected.  This organization is cursed. Totally cursed.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:10 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Nah. He's not that funny....or smart.

I mean... maybe not. I laughed though. If everyone wants to sit here miserable and angry then that's up to them.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let me hear from all of you who think refs didn’t royally screw bengals.

Among other things blatant block in back on last punt return.

Pi call on apple

Intentional grounding.

No roughing the passer on last series

Stopping the play

Totally screwed up officiated game.

Saw holding and block in the back against us, too. Still first down and we can't move the ball, at all.
The PI on Apple was super legit. They still punted on that possession.
Grounding was grounding He threw it into the dirt behind the line of scrimmage, behind a lineman. 
I missed it, can't comment.
Stopping the play I could see the ref trying to do something. Problem from the previous down. Incompetent? Sure. Nothing against the Bengals. THey still punted.
Bengals screwed the Bengals.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: Huh? Losing is NEVER a blessing. All it does is yet again leave the long suffering fans (not the Johnny come latelys) with nothing to show for their support. By the time this team hoists a Lombardi none of the old timers will still be around...

I don't know, once you lose 2 super bowls in a row it's not a good look. Eagles would have beat us for sure. They've bullied teams all year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly this may have been a blessing. Bengals will be back next year. Chiefs Bengals AFC championship will be the new norm.

This is how I feel as well. Rather lose this one and not another SB. Doubt they could have beat the Eagles. The Oline again, how many times did Adjeni RT get beat?  Lots of Chiefs holding not called but they still had chances to score and didn't. 
Reply/Quote
The right side of the line was owned all day long. Penalties hurt us, and the ball generally didnt bounce our way. Frustrating as hell...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:11 AM)Housh Wrote: So to the guys in that ref crew thread that tried to act like the crew didnt matter please STFU and dont post this week you f***** dumbasses

The refs were a huge influence in this loss and I am not surprised.  I want to hear from those who doesn't think the league influences games.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

I'll be worried about what defensive players we lose. But I guess that's a concern for another day. We need to be drafting a tackle in the 1st Rd this year to play on that right side. Hopefully we pick the right one at that spot.
Reply/Quote