Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(01-29-2023, 11:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We haven't challenged.

You're right, the refs changed that and we picked up the challenge flag. Refs looked lost most of the game though. Poor officiating. Not sure it was bias though. Chiefs made more plays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offense didn't play well enough to win.

Last 2 drives of 4th quarter...couldn't score to win the game.

Kinda hard to score when the refs are calling holds on you that they just arent calling on the other team
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:16 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't know, once you lose 2 super bowls in a row it's not a good look. Eagles would have beat us for sure. They've bullied teams all year.

I personally felt we had a better shot against them than the niners. Felt SF had everything that we aren't good against. I don't think Philly run it on us all day, but we'll never know.
Reply/Quote
Refs, Adeniji and Ossai determined the Outcome
Reply/Quote
It's safe to say, I will not be watching the superbowl. I am pretty much hanging my hat up an NFL fan, just like I did with MLB long ago
Reply/Quote
Well, we had a great season, but the team gave KC all the motivation in the world and came up short in the end. Zebras obviously did us no favors, but Ossai's boneheaded penalty was legit. Adeniji fell apart once again under the bright lights. MVS made Hilton his bxtch after Hilton started the Burrowhead stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:12 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why didn’t they punt it out of bounds???

Because nobody kicks it out of bounds from where the Bengals were punting from. You're trying to get as deep as you can. Try to kick it out of bounds and it's just way too tough and you try to get too cute and all the sudden they Mark the ball up 15 or 16 yards where you think it went out.

Guy just made a great point return. Still it should have come down overtime if not for the penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:16 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: This is how I feel as well. Rather lose this one and not another SB. Doubt they could have beat the Eagles. The Oline again, how many times did Adjeni RT get beat?  Lots of Chiefs holding not called but they still had chances to score and didn't. 

That's all I'm saying. Doesn't it get in peoples heads when you start losing the big game every year?

Lol at Kelce and Mahomes press conferences. They're enjoying their moment. Good for them. Next year we'll get ours. 

Philly will win handily in the Super Bowl though.
Reply/Quote
Haha Kelce calls out the mayor!
Reply/Quote
This all goes back to the beginning of the season. Had Zac challenged the TD that wasn't Cincy would have won that game regardless of the screw ups, and had the Hamlin freak injury not happened Cincy prob would have won that game.....and wala Cincy has home field advantage and this game is played in Cincy. I'm telling you this team is cursed. It just is.....
Reply/Quote
KC was down quite a few key players and Mahomes was injured, so the opportunities were there. But its so hard to play in Arrowhead.

Wish Hilton had called it Hilton Head instead of Burrowhead. Why put a target on Burrow? Put it on yourself.

Fan since the start of the franchise and so many close losses in the most important final game of the season. i just hate to have the team start all over again next year. Was an enjoyable season, but in the end, too many injuries on the OL.
Reply/Quote
I’m really sorry guys! Our former kicker Chris Jacke just posted on social media how he thinks the NFL is rigged.
Reply/Quote
Cincy mayor getting called out.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let me hear from all of you who think refs didn’t royally screw bengals.

Among other things blatant block in back on last punt return.

Pi call on apple

Intentional grounding.

No roughing the passer on last series

Stopping the play

Totally screwed up officiated game.

I agree with all those except it was the PI call on Hilton that made me scratch my head. The refs were terrible. 
Reply/Quote
No excuses Bengals didn’t make enough plays. Chris Jones dominated the line of scrimmage and we couldn’t run the ball. Chiefs had a million injuries Tonney, Hardman and there starting CB got knocked out with Maholmes playing hurt.
Reply/Quote
Already out there as the biggest bonehead play of all-time, but yeah, let's keep blaming the refs.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly this may have been a blessing. Bengals will be back next year. Chiefs Bengals AFC championship will be the new norm.

I don't think they could have beat the Eagles this year and you don't want to go on a run of losing super bowls.
The online needs to get healthy and regroup for next year.
Better protection and we win that game.

That's my consolation.  The Eagles D-Line is the Cheif's on steroids.  I would have liked to gone, but there is no way our protection would have held up, and tonight proved it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:18 AM)bengals73 Wrote: It's safe to say, I will not be watching the superbowl.  I am pretty much hanging my hat up an NFL fan, just like I did with MLB long ago

Did you think the Bengals were going to win the next 10 Super Bowls?

The Chiefs are an elite team.
Reply/Quote
Can we please cut Hakeem and Prince

At this point having those 2 on the team is a direct shot at Burrow
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If there’s any positive to take away, the Bengals have found their left tackle of the future in Carman. He was probably our best O lineman
Reply/Quote