Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Contract situation
So he still wants a new contract but doesn't want to be franchised.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
if AJ was smart he just ask to go to IR at this point. and not sign an extenstion…. and not waste the next 3 years here.
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see if they can negotiate an extension.
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't bother me at all if AJ walked away from this cluster bleep.

In fact as much as I'd like to see him retire as a Bengal a very large part of me would like to see him have a chance at success elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
90 percent chance AJ is franchised if a long term deal can't be worked out. say by to our only good lineman in Hopkins. Awesome great time to be a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It will be interesting to see if they can negotiate an extension.

as an AJ fan... I want to see him leave at this point.... or just refuse to play for the current mess on the field..

but he isn't that guy... So he will likely rot here while we wait for ZTs contract to expire.
Reply/Quote
Just because he doesn't want to be franchised won't mean we don't do it. Hopefully they get the deal done, if not they tag him and keep trying or trade him. No one Greens age wants to play on the tag, especially coming off an injury so this really isn't any profound thought.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If he walks away now, given that we had no shortage of suitors willing to pay a high price to acquire him, that may be it for me. There's just no reason to tolerate that type of ineptitude, laziness, stubbornness or give-a-damn. None.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If he walks away now, given that we had no shortage of suitors willing to pay a high price to acquire him, that may be it for me. There's just no reason to tolerate that type of ineptitude, laziness, stubbornness or give-a-damn. None.

Don't we all kinda know that might happen?

He doesn't want franchise tagged. That's a hint.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't we all kinda know that might happen?

He doesn't want franchise tagged. That's a hint.

I'm so scared that these events are already in motion.

I'm serious - this might do it. There's no point to hoping this will ever be anything that resembles a competent franchise. 

They're almost trying to be awful. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm so scared that these events are already in motion.

I'm serious - this might do it. There's no point to hoping this will ever be anything that resembles a competent franchise. 

They're almost trying to be awful. 

I miss the days when everyone thought Katie was running the team!
Reply/Quote
You can't want to be here but also send desires or demands towards MB.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure with his injury history the last couple years, he doesn't want a 1 year deal.

This is likely his last big contract opportunity.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: So he still wants a new contract but doesn't want to be franchised.  

Mike Brown will find a way sour AJ Green before all is done. That is how it's gone with every Bengals star since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM. From Esiason to Pickens to Dillon to Palmer to Whitworth the partings were sour.

The Bengals will low-ball AJ, there will be texts from Blackburn to AJ's agent disparaging AJ's value and someone else will see his value for what it is and he'll be on their team for another 3 or 4 years. Meanwhile, Bengals will not address WR because Ross' one game wonder will blind them into thinking he's their next star.

Reply/Quote
People seem to love AJ blindly on here. It is very possible that it plays out that Mike signs him to a 3 year deal and AJ could very possibly struggle with injuries each of those seasons. He’s a 32 year old receiver that has had major feet and leg problems recently. Injuries and age both indicate that he won’t get as much separation in the future. He seemed to have had more balls go through his hands that should have been catches last year. He should’ve been traded and now he’s gonna be back on a long term deal. Make no mistake, MB will overpay and other organizations aren’t going high dollar and long term with the red flags. I love what AJ has done in the past but if you’re expecting production like 4 years ago, you’re probably gonna be in for a surprise. He now is a bad investment in my eyes. Disagree? Would you want to bring in another 32 year old free agent WR at max money, with his recent history? The fact that AJ is so loved clouds people’s judgement. He now is a very risky investment!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: People seem to love AJ blindly on here. It is very possible that it plays out that Mike signs him to a 3 year deal and AJ could very possibly struggle with injuries each of those seasons. He’s a 32 year old receiver that has had major feet and leg problems recently. Injuries and age both indicate that he won’t get as much separation in the future. He seemed to have had more balls go through his hands that should have been catches last year. He should’ve been traded and now he’s gonna be back on a long term deal. Make no mistake, MB will overpay and other organizations aren’t going high dollar and long term with the red flags. I love what AJ has done in the past but if you’re expecting production like 4 years ago, you’re probably gonna be in for a surprise. He now is a bad investment in my eyes. Disagree? Would you want to bring in another 32 year old free agent WR at max money, with his recent history? The fact that AJ is so loved clouds people’s judgement. He now is a very risky investment!

I probably am blinded, but at this point I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not going to be cheering for the Bengals in the Super Bowl for a very long time. While we wait, having a receiver like AJ Green on the team, a class act player who says he wants to be here and will give his all while he is, seems like it might be the high point for us.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't Mike Brown just say "franchise tag or nothing" and then AJ has to back up his "I really wanna be in Cincy forever" by bowing down to the god that is Mike Brown OR he can walk and MB gets his precious 5th round comp pick?

AJ can WANT to be here, but if he's trying to send stipulations towards MB he's on a fool's errand.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the camp that if the Bengals are planning on going with a new QB next year then having very talented veteran WRs like AJ Green and Tyler Boyd will be huge for the new guy's development.

Also if they are planning on going with a rookie QB then Trey Hopkins should be the number 1 priority this offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm in the camp that if the Bengals are planning on going with a new QB next year then having very talented veteran WRs like AJ Green and Tyler Boyd will be huge for the new guy's development.

Also if they are planning on going with a rookie QB then Trey Hopkins should be the number 1 priority this offseason.

I'm with you. Regardless of Finley's performance this season, I'd still cut Dalton and use that money on the OL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote