Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Contract situation
(10-30-2019, 01:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: People seem to love AJ blindly on here. It is very possible that it plays out that Mike signs him to a 3 year deal and AJ could very possibly struggle with injuries each of those seasons. He’s a 32 year old receiver that has had major feet and leg problems recently. Injuries and age both indicate that he won’t get as much separation in the future. He seemed to have had more balls go through his hands that should have been catches last year. He should’ve been traded and now he’s gonna be back on a long term deal. Make no mistake, MB will overpay and other organizations aren’t going high dollar and long term with the red flags. I love what AJ has done in the past but if you’re expecting production like 4 years ago, you’re probably gonna be in for a surprise. He now is a bad investment in my eyes. Disagree? Would you want to bring in another 32 year old free agent WR at max money, with his recent history? The fact that AJ is so loved clouds people’s judgement. He now is a very risky investment!

So was signing Geno to the deal we did, and I didn’t see you complaining about that. Sure, Geno hasn’t had many injuries, but he’s also a shell of his former self, and nowhere near worth the amount of money we’re paying him.

AJ actually goes out and wins games for us when he’s on the field. I wouldn’t give him Julio money, but I’m absolutely fine with bringing him back. Maybe 3 years 45 million. He’s a difference maker, and whoever our QB is the next few years he will need him. We’re seeing how bad Dalton struggles without his star WR to make him look good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The question isn’t his talent or that he’s experienced. The question is, can he still get enough separation with the age and injury factors? Other question are how many games will he be available? Will he still have the dropsies like last year? Is he worth a 3 year deal? How much money is he talking? A bad 3 year contract isn’t worth a little help in transitioning a new QB. I’d take that same money and sign the best free agent Olineman in free agency. That’s a better plan to help a young QB because it helps the running game too which automatically helps the passing game.

What’s this dropsy bs you’re going on about? He was credited with 5 drops on the season. You make it sound like he was John Ross out there.

AJ was balling out last year before his injury. Won us the 1st Baltimore game with a 3 TD night, and the Atlanta game with his last minute heroics. He had 46 rec 694 yds and 6 TD through 9 games.

But sure, let’s get rid of him so we can go out and overpay some terrible FA’s like Bobby Hart or Preston Brown.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as an AJ fan... I want to see him leave at this point.... or just refuse to play for the current mess on the field..

but he isn't that guy... So he will likely rot here while we wait for ZTs contract to expire.

He has basically left already. He hasn't played in 22 of the last 40 games. The team has payed him well and if anyone ever needed to offer a team friendly deal its AJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:15 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He has basically left already. He hasn't played in 22 of the last 40 games. The team has payed him well and if anyone ever needed to offer a team friendly deal its AJ.

Haven't you read...IF he's healthy this year...we're 5-3 right now?

But as you point out...he'll likely never be healthy for a full season.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:05 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’ll explain it another way for you. You could sign AJ and that Oline guy or 2 Oline guys or the top Oline guy and a top LB... see how that works? Whatever you sign AJ for, you could have put that money in another spot.

Lol..I forgot we go big in FA.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 03:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s this dropsy bs you’re going on about? He was credited with 5 drops on the season. You make it sound like he was John Ross out there.

AJ was balling out last year before his injury. Won us the 1st Baltimore game with a 3 TD night, and the Atlanta game with his last minute heroics. He had 46 rec 694 yds and 6 TD through 9 games.

But sure, let’s get rid of him so we can go out and overpay some terrible FA’s like Bobby Hart or Preston Brown.

And that's the kicker, ain't it? IF these bozos would actually spend the money saved on AJ wisely, it'd be something you'd HAVE to consider. With the way things are, why give up our best player to pay a couple scrubs?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
AJ said he doesn't want to be tagged. Why is this news, name me one player anywhere that would prefer a tag over a multi year deal? He also said if they tag him, he will play. Nothing to see here.....
Reply/Quote