Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN Not 100 %....????
It's a whole new NFL. In the 1979 season Super Bowl Jack Youngblood of the LA Rams played D Line against Steelers on a broken leg. I saw Bengals Bob Trumpy hit the Riverfront astroturf with parking lot cement under it, and knock himself out, carried off the field and return to the game. I'm not saying NFL should not be more for players health today, they should.

However, I have seen the footage of AJ Green running through the cones in warm-ups. This idea that he has to be 100 %. How many players are out there dinged up over the season at this point and not at 100 % health. How many of you can call into work or school and say you aren't coming in because you are kind of OK, but not 100 %. How often is anybody really 100 %.

All this Bengals talk that Green may play this year. Green will not play Sunday and that leaves 3 games left in season. Look, the Bengals didn't resign him, the man is going Free Agent to another team in a few months. This really is a " Do you need a brick wall to fall on you ". Greens main goal now is to go into Free Agency healthy. That might even be Bengals goal if they get a comp draft pick if he leaves, I'm not sure if he is a comp pick status.

So it's a good bet AJ Green played his last game for Bengals somewhere in 2018. He has had his share of injuries last few years missing games. Green and Ross are the 2 best WR's that never play anymore, and THAT adds to the 1-11 record greatly.

This isn't just me. NFL Games on TV have shown Green running the cones before the game and then on the sidelines and game announcers have asked, " Whats up with that ". They have added many other players are out there not 100 %.

It's all about Green, his Agent, and Free Agency in a few months. A blind man could see it. Had the Bengals resigned him, he might be out there, but they didn't, and he isn't. Mike Brown and Bengals planned for this day by drafting Ross round 1. The bad news is that he never plays either.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:59 PM)kevin Wrote: It's a whole new NFL.   In the 1979 season Super Bowl Jack Youngblood of the LA Rams played D Line against Steelers on a broken leg.  I saw Bengals Bob Trumpy hit the Riverfront astroturf with parking lot cement under it, and knock himself out, carried off the field and return to the game.   I'm not saying NFL should not be more for players health today, they should.

However, I have seen the footage of AJ Green running through the cones in warm-ups.   This idea that he has to be 100 %.  How many players are out there dinged up over the season at this point and not at 100 % health.   How many of you can call into work or school and say you aren't coming in because you are kind of OK, but not 100 %.   How often is anybody really 100 %.

All this Bengals talk that Green may play this year.  Green will not play Sunday and that leaves 3 games left in season.  Look, the Bengals didn't resign him, the man is going Free Agent to another team in a few months.  This really is a " Do you need a brick wall to fall on you ".   Greens main goal now is to go into Free Agency healthy.  That might even be Bengals goal if they get a comp draft pick if he leaves, I'm not sure if he is a comp pick status.

So it's a good bet AJ Green played his last game for Bengals somewhere in 2018.  He has had his share of injuries last few years missing games. Green and Ross are the 2 best WR's that never play anymore, and THAT adds to the 1-11 record greatly.

This isn't just me.  NFL Games on TV have shown Green running the cones before the game and then on the sidelines and game announcers have asked, " Whats up with that ".  They have added many other players are out there not 100 %.

It's all about Green, his Agent, and Free Agency in a few months.   A blind man could see it.

Green has to look out for himself. The Bengals have been out of playoff contention for over a month. It's in his best interest to not risk his health in favor of a better contract. Don't blame him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Green has to look out for himself. The Bengals have been out of playoff contention for over a month. It's in his best interest to not risk his health in favor of a better contract. Don't blame him.

Then you admit or agree that Green playing this year is just nonsense.  That is my point.  All this talk by team that he might maybe play.  In your own words, he is looking out for himself, for his best interest.   I agree, and anybody should see that this talk by team or Green that he might play another Bengals game is just the team selling soap, it's not happening. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Then you admit or agree that Green playing this year is just nonsense.  That is my point.  All this talk by team that he might maybe play.  In your own words, he is looking out for himself, for his best interest.   I agree, and anybody should see that this talk by team or Green that he might play another Bengals game is just the team selling soap, it's not happening. 

Yes and no. The Bengals probably would like him to play at least a game or two because it helps the franchise's evaluation of him and the team as a whole going into next year. However, the risk is just too much for him financially.

Personally, I'm treating Green like I did Eifert the past couple years. I'm fine bringing in someone new and letting him walk.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes and no. The Bengals probably would like him to play at least a game or two because it helps the franchise's evaluation of him and the team as a whole going into next year. However, the risk is just too much for him financially.

Personally, I'm treating Green like I did Eifert the past couple years. I'm fine bringing in someone new and letting him walk.

Meanwhile, there are many Bengals out there playing who are NOT 100 %.   In spite of the 1-11 record, they are playing.   As Gene Hackman says in Hoosiers basketball movie, " These guys are out here. Not the guys not out here. THIS is your team. You should at least respect the guys that are out here ". .....GO BENGALS, Beat Browns, in spite of players excuses for now looking ahead to free agency and riding the pines. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Meanwhile, there are many Bengals out there playing who are NOT 100 %.   In spite of the 1-11 record, they are playing.   As Gene Hackman says in Hoosiers basketball movie, " These guys are out here. Not the guys not out here. THIS is your team. You should at least respect the guys that are out here ". .....GO BENGALS, Beat Browns, in spite of players excuses for now looking ahead to free agency and riding the pines. 

Lol ok boomer

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Meanwhile, there are many Bengals out there playing who are NOT 100 %.   In spite of the 1-11 record, they are playing.   As Gene Hackman says in Hoosiers basketball movie, " These guys are out here. Not the guys not out here. THIS is your team. You should at least respect the guys that are out here ". .....GO BENGALS, Beat Browns, in spite of players excuses for now looking ahead to free agency and riding the pines. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but as soon as my favorite team is out of playoff contention, I'm perfectly fine with them losing every game for draft position. Nothing matters aside from the playoffs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm in the minority, but as soon as my favorite team is out of playoff contention, I'm perfectly fine with them losing every game for draft position. Nothing matters aside from the playoffs.

I was just reading a tweet about how IF we win 2 games...we likely pick 3rd and have to judge Tua's health/Herbert's upside.

(I know a lot of us would go OT.) But, picking 3rd is the nightmare scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I was just reading a tweet about how IF we win 2 games...we likely pick 3rd and have to judge Tua's health/Herbert's upside.

If we don’t get Burrow or Young it might be the last straw for me.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we don’t get Burrow or Young it might be the last straw for me.

All it will take is winning 1 against the Browns and another against the Dolphins.

And, all offseason all we'll read about is how the Bengals finished 3-2 a testament to the team buying into what Zac was selling and how that equates to 10-6 over a full year.
Reply/Quote
Terrel Owens played on a broken leg and everyone hates him and his lazy me-first ass. Running yourself into the ground doesn't make you an instant classic.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I was just reading a tweet about how IF we win 2 games...we likely pick 3rd and have to judge Tua's health/Herbert's upside.

If Tua is healthy, you go Tua. Dude has such good accuracy and can extend the play while still prioritizing the pass.
If Tua not healthy, it should be Andrew Thomas or trade down.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It is by far in Greens best interest to play and show he is healthy, otherwise he won't get shit in free agency. He does not have to play a lot of games, just enough to prove he is fully recovered. So if he is healthy I guarantee he will play at some point this season.

Also there is a big difference between playing through pain and playing while not fully recovered. As Kevin said, every player in the league is dinged up and in pain, but it is stupid for any player to take the field when he is not fully healed and could aggravate an injury making it worse.

Finally there is also a HUGE difference between "running through cones" and playing in an NFL game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Terrel Owens played on a broken leg and everyone hates him and his lazy me-first ass.  Running yourself into the ground doesn't make you an instant classic.

Everyone hates, true
Me first, true
Lazy? Haven't heard TO called lazy before, false
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Tua is healthy, you go Tua. Dude has such good accuracy and can extend the play while still prioritizing the pass.
If Tua not healthy, it should be Andrew Thomas or trade down.

Tua's health status will be questionable.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Then you admit or agree that Green playing this year is just nonsense.  That is my point.  All this talk by team that he might maybe play.  In your own words, he is looking out for himself, for his best interest.   I agree, and anybody should see that this talk by team or Green that he might play another Bengals game is just the team selling soap, it's not happening. 

Green is a spoiled,self-centered rich Brat.Although he is far from being alone in that category as far as these nfl players are concerned.The Bengals pay him big money to get the job done and obviously he’s not doing it.This guy is very wealthy.Sometimes when things get really tough,peoples true colors come out.
Reply/Quote
I love aj but it’s time to move on. He’s not good for 16 games anymore this next draft is loaded at wr, so take the rd 3-4 comp pick he’ll give us next year. Next years top 5 picks are great to solid btw;

1-burrow
2- young
3-Thomas
4- jeudy
5-tua if healthy
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:16 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Green is a spoiled,self-centered rich Brat.Although he is far from being alone in that category as far as these nfl players are concerned.The Bengals pay him big money to get the job done and obviously he’s not doing it.This guy is very wealthy.Sometimes when things get really tough,peoples true colors come out.

I'd say the same applies for Mike Brown, if not more so.  MB's ability to make more money than AJ while stomping his feet and insisting things be done his way despite a lack of success doesn't speak much to him either.  I just don't see why people in this situation can't see that AJ and Mike Brown are both rich guys who are refusing to put in effort and work because they'd rather do things their respective ways.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is gonna stop by y'all's place of employment, smack the broom outta your hands, and tell you you're spoiled and make too much money.

Funny how we all claim to hate ownership, and management, yet take their side over the players... Our best players at that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is by far in Greens best interest to play and show he is healthy, otherwise he won't get shit in free agency. He does not have to play a lot of games, just enough to prove he is fully recovered.  So if he is healthy I guarantee he will play at some point this season.

Also there is a big difference between playing through pain and playing while not fully recovered.  As Kevin said, every player in the league is dinged up and in pain, but it is stupid for any player to take the field when he is not fully healed and could aggravate an injury making it worse.

Finally there is also a HUGE difference between "running through cones" and playing in an NFL game.

How the hell would you know!?!?!?!?!!?

When's the last time you ran through cones?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote