Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN Not 100 %....????
(12-09-2019, 10:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing too novel about a Bengals player getting Bungalized.

The hypocrisy is really something isn’t it? People here hate Mike Brown to the point of wishing the old man would just croak already, but god forbid one of our best players doesn’t want to play in a lost season and all of a sudden he’s a PoS...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The hypocrisy is really something isn’t it? People here hate Mike Brown to the point of wishing the old man would just croak already, but god forbid one of our best players doesn’t want to play in a lost season and all of a sudden he’s a PoS...

If AJ is really getting paid to sit on his arse then it is up to MB to do something about it.  I was under the impression that he didn't want to reward player bad behavior, but here we are.

AGAIN
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  but god forbid one of our best players doesn’t want to play in a lost season and all of a sudden he’s a PoS...

Any player can quit whenever he wants.

He is only a POS if he stays and keep collecting a pay check after quitting.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 07:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals can just tag him. He is not Bell in his 20s looking for his first big contract...Green is in his 30s he will sign a franchise tag and earn that money, and after the franchise tag the Bengals can continue to negotiate a couple more years.

Right now the Bengals are holding the better hand in the AJ Green negotiations.

If they tag him and can't get a trade done then we are looking at a repeat of this year, a player who doesn't want to play without a long term deal or worse a player who has no intention of ever playing for MB again. The 19 mil would keep the team from signing a much needed free agent. Tell us again how the Bengals have the best hand. MB needs to cut bait and move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Anyone thing Green didn't want to go out there and have all the coverage roll to him?  Ross only had two catches for 28 yards, but the middle of the field was there all day for Dalton.  It changes the way teams defend them.  I know everyone likes to crap on Ross, but he is a talent that helps the offense. 

Doesn't help a bit if he isn't on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:19 AM)samhain Wrote: On many levels, it seems counterproductive for AJ to be sandbagging.  Unless he just doesn't care and thinks he has enough money already, he's got a lot on the line in terms of how he's compensated for the remainder of his career.  Why would any team pay a big contract a guy that's missed as much time as he has?

Guys like Dez Bryant and Demariyus Thomas are both at the end of their careers, and they're younger than Green in seasons played.  It's not far-fetched to think he's done being an elite receiver.  

Unless he's playing a really deceptive game with his agent, I don't know why he'd keep himself out of games if he's able to play.  

The most telling thing to me is that the team hasn't managed to get a deal done with him, if they've even made an offer.  They're generally all over locking their guys up before it gets to this point.  It's odd.  If this injury is one that he can be expected to fully recover from, I'd think they'd try to do all they can to lock him up before he hits the UDFA market.  Either he's hurt badly enough that they're having second thoughts, or he's not wanting to be here.

I would say its more likely he became back last year when he wasn't fully healed and the team didn't offer what he thought he should have been offered. 
Reply/Quote