Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green
We're like that ex that won't let go... Why? Why are we talking about AJ Green? Dalton? Marvin? They're all gone... Wish em well, and let em go.

We're in the AFC championship. Let's just enjoy the right now. We can worry about hating half of these current players in 6 or 7 years... I kid, but only kinda.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:16 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: If AJ catches the ball, Kyler is not passing from his own end zone on the subsequent play. So the INT isn't Green's fault, per se, because Kyler is the one who made the horrendous decision, but if AJ does his job, Kyler is never in that situation.  I'm no big Kyler Murray fan, but he didn't have much help out there last night.  

You started with "if".

Problem with this attempted passing of the buck is this.....

Kyler Murray threw a stupid "how tf do you even attempt that pass" interception.

Yet here you are trying to blame his bullshit on someone else.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:09 AM)jason Wrote: We're like that ex that won't let go... Why? Why are we talking about AJ Green? Dalton? Marvin? They're all gone... Wish em well, and let em go.

We're in the AFC championship. Let's just enjoy the right now. We can worry about hating half of these current players in 6 or 7 years... I kid, but only kinda.

Commenting about the performance of an ex bengal in a playoff game when the bengals aren’t playing seems appropriate.

I don’t think his seasonal stats are really relevant. He never showed up in prime time games or when it mattered in the postseason barring the 2015 steeler game.

Since he’s on the decline and on another team the trend just becomes more clear.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:20 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You started with "if".

Problem with this attempted passing of the buck is this.....

Kyler Murray threw a stupid "how tf do you even attempt that pass" interception.

Yet here you are trying to blame his bullshit on someone else.

AJ green had an opportunity to make sure his QB isn’t in that position to begin with. He didn’t.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:55 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: AJ green had an opportunity to make sure his QB isn’t in that position to begin with. He didn’t.

Kyler Murray had an opportunity to not suck donkey schlongs.  He did.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:55 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: AJ green had an opportunity to make sure his QB isn’t in that position to begin with. He didn’t.

So did the punt returner who didn’t field the punt allowing it to be downed on the one. So did James Connor who only rushed for three yards during the series. So did the offensive line that didn’t block the pass rush. So did the coach with his play calling. But, most importantly, Murray did with his bad decision making and the poor throw.

But, you wouldn’t know because you, admittedly, didn’t watch the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton threw for double the yards Kyler did. Not saying Dalton wasn't bad. He was awful. Kyler was worse. You'd almost think Marvin Lewis was coaching the Cardinals. I mean, he IS in Arizona, so...

Yet people only talk about Dalton, like he was alone in playoff struggles. Like Kitna, Palmer and McCarron didn't suck. Like Chad, AJ, Geno, Dunlap, etc etc didn't disappear.

The problem was ALWAYS Marvin. Our star players all played exactly as they did in reg season last Saturday. If Marv was our coach, they all would've turtled up.

Who can ever forget those pre-game speeches? Lets’s have some fun and play together.

The excitement in “playmakers” is more contagious than Covid. I’d run through a wet paper bag for him. Hell, I’d fight a bear for him. Not a grizzly. Or a black bear. Or panda. But, maybe a care bear. Yeah, I’d fight one of those sumbitches. Or I’d take a bullet for him. Not a real bullet. Or a BB. But, maybe a Nerf bullet. Yeah, I’d take one of those MFers for him.

Reply/Quote
He’s cooked and he’s gone soft. Sad.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda reminded me of his playoff performances here, jus'sayin'.

In all fairness, Murray was turrible last night. Took what would've been a safety and turned it into a pick six. All he had to do was throw the ball away, but he held on to it way too long. He was just not very good. Green looked ok before he got lit up, but it's obvious his best days are behind him.

Everyone's best days are behind them.  We all got it comin.

Why we on here shittin on AJ?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: AJ Green's 5 playoff games:
43 targets
18 receptions
232 yards
1 touchdown

Crazy how much he disappeared in the big games.  42% catch percentage?  That's painful.

It's almost like, and stop me when I'm wrong here, but it's almost like the rest of the league knew who our best player was and come playoff time, the best coaches and players of that particular season, made sure their opponents best (and only) weapon didn't beat them.

Whodathunkit? Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So did the punt returner who didn’t field the punt allowing it to be downed on the one. So did James Connor who only rushed for three yards during the series. So did the offensive line that didn’t block the pass rush. So did the coach with his play calling. But, most importantly, Murray did with his bad decision making and the poor throw.

But, you wouldn’t know because you, admittedly, didn’t watch the game.

Deflection.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:54 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don’t think his seasonal stats are really relevant. 

Of course you don't.  They prove how wrong you are.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is a bum. Washed up. Go the Arizona Cardinals forum if you love all him so much.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:07 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: It's almost like, and stop me when I'm wrong here, but it's almost like the rest of the league knew who our best player was and come playoff time, the best coaches and players of that particular season, made sure their opponents best (and only) weapon didn't beat them.

Whodathunkit? Whatever

Yet other "elite" receivers around the league don't disappear in the playoffs/big games.  That's part of what makes them elite.  AJ racked up great stats against bad competition and then ghosted when the lights were brightest.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:59 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Everyone's best days are behind them.  We all got it comin.

Why we on here shittin on AJ?

The better question is, why do you care so much to come to his defense so much on a Bengals message board? 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:30 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: The better question is, why do you care so much to come to his defense so much on a Bengals message board? 

Because the dude gave us his best years?? He's not a scrub but he's also not Prime AJ anymore, Time catches everyone (except for Brady). 
Nothing wrong with rooting the best for former Bengals, unless ofc they are playing us. Then eff all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:17 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Deflection.

No, deflection would be blaming AJ Green for Murray’s **** up. Especially when you’re talking about a game you didn’t even watch.

Let’s not forget you’re the guy who claimed Hendrickson probably wouldn’t clear the concussion protocol less than 24 hours after the injury occurred. You claimed it is confirmed Burrow will have off season surgery when that is still TBD. And you were ready to move on from McPhearson in October.

When it comes to hot takes you’re like Skip Bayless’ and Stephen A. Smith’s illegitimate love child who was dropped on his head one or two hundred times too many.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: They lit AJ Green up on a early catch in the game on a legal vicious hit.

Was ruled catch on field but then was overruled on a challenge and taken away.

Kyler was running for his life most of the night so much that he was rattled too.

Yep

Murray looked a tick off the whole game. Just never got it together.
Reply/Quote
Good bye and good luck to all former Bengals.

can we stay more focused on the current Bengals and enjoy the fact that we are one win from a SB? when hardly NO ONE at the start of the season thought we'd even be this close? yet alone win the AFCN..
Reply/Quote
Oh man, the Bengals are in the AFC Championship game and an AJ Green thread is going strong. Discuss the Bengals as you must, free will reigns but my oh my...

[Image: icegif-31.gif]
Reply/Quote