Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green
(01-18-2022, 11:31 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yes, again, I'm not saying the pick six was AJ's "fault", but his inability to do what he's paid to do on the previous play put his team in that situation for Kyler to make a horrendous decision. The Cardinals weren't going to win that game last night no matter what AJ Green did, but that was one he should've had.  

I get it....and he's not the old AJ, but he did take a pretty good lick on that play. As I noted, there's truth in what you said. By that point in the game, Kyler was just shell shocked. Hey, it wasn't as bad as what the Cowboys did....yikes.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shoulda stayed here after two years of Collect-a-Check. Coulda won a playoff game. Instead he found out the grass isn’t greener (nor the desert sands any more golden). I loved AJ when he was here up until that final year. And this is my opinion, but he really phoned it in last year. I was embarrassed having him on the field when you could clearly see he wasnt “into it” anymore. Glad he found a new team, glad he gets to wait for a playoff win at least another year.
Reply/Quote
I really like how Chase has YAC. I never remember AJ getting much of that. Maybe because Andy isn't as accurate and doesn't hit that front shoulder like Joe does consistently, putting the receivers in position to keep running.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:17 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I did not see the game either. If he was not hurt thats a sad goose egg

I watched the entire game and AJ had a critical maybe catch that he lost after he got decked by the Rams safety....reminded me of the playoff losses, we never being able ot make those type of plays when it mattered. 
 It was ruled a catch and after McVay challenged it was overturned....didnt matter much Murray was plain awful and looked like a deer in headlights all nite and Rams just were running on all cylinders.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:49 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: I really like how Chase has YAC.   I never remember AJ getting much of that.  Maybe because Andy isn't as accurate and doesn't hit that front shoulder like Joe does consistently, putting the receivers in position to keep running.

Actually Burrow underthrows Chase a lot.  Don't know if it is intentional or not, but even Chase commented on it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:24 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Every play is connected to the plays before it and after it. Each snap doesn't exist in a vaccuum.  Kyler tried to desperately toss the ball away BECAUSE he was being rushed in the end zone and was about to take a safety. If Green doesn't drop the ball, they aren't in the end zone.  

And AJ was responsible for the Cardinals lack of blocking which almost resulted in a safety? Or Murray’s horrible decision? The only thing worse than the decision was that throw; god awful.
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals were hoping for AJ Green of old. They wound up with old AJ Green.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:31 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yes, again, I'm not saying the pick six was AJ's "fault", but his inability to do what he's paid to do on the previous play put his team in that situation for Kyler to make a horrendous decision. The Cardinals weren't going to win that game last night no matter what AJ Green did, but that was one he should've had.  

And it’s AJ’s fault they were starting from their own 1 because the punt returner didn’t fair catch the ball allowing the ball to be downed at the 1? Is it AJ’s fault they only got 3 yards rushing? Is it AJ’s fault they went three and out for -1 yards due to another Murray sack the previous series leading to their bad field position? Was it AJ’s fault Murray threw another interception their next possession?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Dalton had his down games as Bad Andy, but I don't ever remember him playing that bad. Murray was playing like he was scared to death last night. He looked like a practice squad QB that got thrown into the big game against the wolves. He did not look like he even belonged on that field. Pitiful. The difference between him and Burrow is as much as the difference between fire and water.

Talking specifically about playoff performances.  Dalton had 3 INTs, a fumble, and a 51.4 rating in his first playoff appearance.  His others weren't much better.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And it’s AJ’s fault they were starting from their own 1 because the punt returner didn’t fair catch the ball allowing the ball to be downed at the 1? Is it AJ’s fault they only got 3 yards rushing? Is it AJ’s fault they went three and out for -1 yards due to another Murray sack the previous series leading to their bad field position? Was it AJ’s fault Murray threw another interception their next possession?

No, of course not.

It's Zac Taylor's fault (see the stickied thread). Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Aj Green Checked out in Cincinnati his last year. Dudes done..
Reply/Quote
AJ Green's 5 playoff games:
43 targets
18 receptions
232 yards
1 touchdown

Crazy how much he disappeared in the big games. 42% catch percentage? That's painful.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: AJ Green's 5 playoff games:
43 targets
18 receptions
232 yards
1 touchdown

Crazy how much he disappeared in the big games.  42% catch percentage?  That's painful.

Him and Dalton both.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And it’s AJ’s fault they were starting from their own 1 because the punt returner didn’t fair catch the ball allowing the ball to be downed at the 1? Is it AJ’s fault they only got 3 yards rushing? Is it AJ’s fault they went three and out for -1 yards due to another Murray sack the previous series leading to their bad field position? Was it AJ’s fault Murray threw another interception their next possession?

Are you having trouble with your reading comprehension? I said it's NOT AJ's fault in the post you replied to so emotionally.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And AJ was responsible for the Cardinals lack of blocking which almost resulted in a safety? Or Murray’s horrible decision? The only thing worse than the decision was that throw; god awful.

One of the worst football plays I've ever seen. So bad on so many levels. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: His drop was the reason for the pick 6?

It is amazing the the mental gymnastics some people will go through to shit on a player they don't like.

I don't "not like" AJ. 

Do I think he's a shell of himself and do I think he quit on this team last year? Yes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing but respect for AJ for what he did here, but he needs to retire. I say that so he will be remembered for the great player he was, not the shell of himself he is now. 

(01-18-2022, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Cardinals were hoping for AJ Green of old.  They wound up with old AJ Green.

(01-18-2022, 01:00 PM)Tony Wrote: Aj Green Checkes out in Cincinnati his last year. Dudes done..

So did you all miss this post?

(01-18-2022, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: AJ Green finished 32nd in receiving yards by a WR this year.  There are only 32 NFL teams.

Among the 37 WRs that finished with at least 800 receiving yards Green was FIFTH in yards per catch (15.7) and 10th in yards per target.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:15 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Are you having trouble with your reading comprehension? I said it's NOT AJ's fault in the post you replied to so emotionally.  

And you also wrote football plays don’t exist in a vacuum and AJ put then in that position without acknowledging all the other factors that put them in that situation. Essentially, you’re putting that one play in a vacuum.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So did you all miss this post?
Who cares?? No one is out there saying AJ is a good wr anymore. He's been done for 4 years now..
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't "not like" AJ. 

Do I think he's a shell of himself and do I think he quit on this team last year? Yes. 

He def quit on our team. Same with that offensive linemen we got from Buffalo, Glen? 

Could collect paychecks but were to hurt to play/risk injury...  Yawn
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote