Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green
(01-18-2022, 02:58 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Didn't catch the game, but how on earth did this guy get 0 stats in tonight's game? I can't think of any in-game ciricumstances excusing that.

Kliff Kingsbury isn't a scrub. Neither is Kyler. And with Hopkins out that should theoretically open AJ Green up more.

In between this and his flop against GB, I'm wondering if it's time for him to hang it up. Maybe we could make him a Bengal-for-a-day or some kind of instructor/coach.

If you think AJ played bad, Murray played worse, he was horrible..  he had AJ open early on a long pass and led him out of bounds, AJ had one catch but got drilled and lost the ball.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Agree 100% with this. He plays soft now.

Remember that Green Bay game a little while back? Arizona going for, I think, the game-tying TD, throws to AJ Green in the endzone who NEVER TURNED AROUND FOR THE BALL so the defender made a somewhat easy INT for the win?

Definitely not the same AJ Green that played in Wincinnati.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Remember that Green Bay game a little while back? Arizona going for, I think, the game-tying TD, throws to AJ Green in the endzone who NEVER TURNED AROUND FOR THE BALL so the defender made a somewhat easy INT for the win?

Definitely not the same AJ Green that played in Wincinnati.

Yep. He needs to retire. You can tell his heart isn't into it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He had a costly drop that lead to a pick 6 the very next play.

His drop was the reason for the pick 6?

It is amazing the the mental gymnastics some people will go through to shit on a player they don't like.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:58 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Didn't catch the game, but how on earth did this guy get 0 stats in tonight's game? I can't think of any in-game ciricumstances excusing that.

Kliff Kingsbury isn't a scrub. Neither is Kyler. And with Hopkins out that should theoretically open AJ Green up more.

In between this and his flop against GB, I'm wondering if it's time for him to hang it up. Maybe we could make him a Bengal-for-a-day or some kind of instructor/coach.

LOL another one of you Kingsbury genitalia-riders.

How is he not a scrub? A losing all-time record in college, a .500 record in the pros, a dynamic QB that he (seemingly) can't use properly, despite having 3 years to build his team, with his guys and surround the team with weapons, etc. What does he have to show for it? An embarrassing display in the playoffs and a ROY for his QB. That's it.

Bash Zac for the 1st two years all you want, but he has his team winning divisions and winning a first playoff game for the franchise in 31 years, plus his culture/attitude/spirit is 100% that of the pompous Kingsbury.

I was going to post the two threads where people gave me shit for saying he wasn't anything special and how the posters in those threads were also riding his ****. When I posted numbers and facts, I was called an, "angry little man," or something and the Zac bashing commenced. AFAIK, those posters haven't been on the board in months, since we started having success.

Kingsbury may be a great developer of QBs and I think he has a solid career ahead of him as a QB coach/passing game coordinator, but he's shown nothing in great play design (as previously-mentioned, I watch a ton of the Cards), the offense gains a lot of yards, but scored less points than the Bengals and ran almost 100 more plays on the year, with a much-better oline.

As many have written, last night's game looked like a Marv-esque game, with stupid decisions, bad QB play and the looks of being thoroughly out-coached.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ is out there collecting a paycheck and enjoying the nice weather. He doesn't seem to play very hard IMO. Not knocking the guy, he just doesn't seem very hungry. No longer our problem, we don't need him and he doesn't need us.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: His drop was the reason for the pick 6?

It is amazing the the mental gymnastics some people will go through to shit on a player they don't like.

If AJ catches the ball, Kyler is not passing from his own end zone on the subsequent play. So the INT isn't Green's fault, per se, because Kyler is the one who made the horrendous decision, but if AJ does his job, Kyler is never in that situation.  I'm no big Kyler Murray fan, but he didn't have much help out there last night.  
Reply/Quote
AJ Green finished 32nd in receiving yards by a WR this year. There are only 32 NFL teams.

Among the 37 WRs that finished with at least 800 receiving yards Green was FIFTH in yards per catch (15.7) and 10th in yards per target.

And some of you guys are talking about how he is finished and needs to retire?WTF

I swear the way some of you guys talk about former Bengals you sound just like high school girls talking about ex-boyfriends.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL another one of you Kingsbury genitalia-riders.

How is he not a scrub? A losing all-time record in college, a .500 record in the pros, a dynamic QB that he (seemingly) can't use properly, despite having 3 years to build his team, with his guys and surround the team with weapons, etc. What does he have to show for it? An embarrassing display in the playoffs and a ROY for his QB. That's it.

Bash Zac for the 1st two years all you want, but he has his team winning divisions and winning a first playoff game for the franchise in 31 years, plus his culture/attitude/spirit is 100% that of the pompous Kingsbury.

I was going to post the two threads where people gave me shit for saying he wasn't anything special and how the posters in those threads were also riding his ****. When I posted numbers and facts, I was called an, "angry little man," or something and the Zac bashing commenced. AFAIK, those posters haven't been on the board in months, since we started having success.

Kingsbury may be a great developer of QBs and I think he has a solid career ahead of him as a QB coach/passing game coordinator, but he's shown nothing in great play design (as previously-mentioned, I watch a ton of the Cards), the offense gains a lot of yards, but scored less points than the Bengals and ran almost 100 more plays on the year, with a much-better oline.

As many have written, last night's game looked like a Marv-esque game, with stupid decisions, bad QB play and the looks of being thoroughly out-coached.

A pretty sweet house?

Reply/Quote
Kinda reminded me of his playoff performances here, jus'sayin'.

In all fairness, Murray was turrible last night. Took what would've been a safety and turned it into a pick six. All he had to do was throw the ball away, but he held on to it way too long. He was just not very good. Green looked ok before he got lit up, but it's obvious his best days are behind him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:16 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: If AJ catches the ball, Kyler is not passing from his own end zone on the subsequent play. So the INT isn't Green's fault, per se, because Kyler is the one who made the horrendous decision, but if AJ does his job, Kyler is never in that situation.  I'm no big Kyler Murray fan, but he didn't have much help out there last night.  

It was not just a drop.  He took a serious shot that shook the ball loose.  Not a good play, but something that happens to all receivers at times.

Even if Green makes the catch Murray could have still made the exact same mistake on the next play.  I don't see how the two are connected at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A pretty sweet house?

LOL

Paid for by college donators, no doubt.

I know you were impressed with his flex, but the con of him showing off the house is that he's pompous.

But yeah, I meant more, "what has he shown for it in the league?" He wouldn't have to work another day in his life and he can retire to that house. Good for him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda reminded me of his playoff performances here, jus'sayin'.

In all fairness, Murray was turrible last night. Took what would've been a safety and turned it into a pick six. All he had to do was throw the ball away, but he held on to it way too long. He was just not very good. Green looked ok before he got lit up, but it's obvious his best days are behind him.

Yeah I can't really blame AJ or the other WRs...Murray looked like a deer in headlights yesterday.

I was going who to root for AJ Green with the Cardinals, or Whitworth and the Rams? I picked the Rams obviously.

Whitworth has still got moves like Jagger (lmfao)

I saw him making some moves to the 2nd level to block, I believe this is his last year as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL another one of you Kingsbury genitalia-riders.

No doubt, McVay took him to school last night.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda reminded me of his playoff performances here, jus'sayin'.

Every play is connected to the plays before it and after it. Each snap doesn't exist in a vaccuum.  Kyler tried to desperately toss the ball away BECAUSE he was being rushed in the end zone and was about to take a safety. If Green doesn't drop the ball, they aren't in the end zone.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:22 AM)magikod Wrote: Yeah I can't really blame AJ or the other WRs...Murray looked like a deer in headlights yesterday.

I was going who to root for AJ Green with the Cardinals, or Whitworth and the Rams? I picked the Rams obviously.

Whitworth has still got moves like Jagger (lmfao)

I saw him making some moves to the 2nd level to block, I believe this is his last year as well.

Yes, I watched, hoping to see them both do well. AJ and his wr mates didn't really have a chance. When they did get open, Murray was wildly inaccurate. Big Whit just keeps on plugging away. 

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:24 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Every play is connected to the plays before it and after it. Each snap doesn't exist in a vaccuum.  Kyler tried to desperately toss the ball away BECAUSE he was being rushed in the end zone and was about to take a safety. If Green doesn't drop the ball, they aren't in the end zone.  

There's some truth about the drop, for sure, but when you're in the end zone like that, and facing a pass rush like that one, you need to get rid of the ball quickly. When his first couple of reads weren't there, he should've chucked it out of bounds around his nearest receiver. The announcers mentioned it as well. After waiting too long to get rid of the ball, it would've been best to just take the safety. Poor situational awareness. In his defense, he was under duress most of the game, and clearly flustered.

Reply/Quote
Nothing but respect for AJ for what he did here, but he needs to retire. I say that so he will be remembered for the great player he was, not the shell of himself he is now. If Whit is smart, he will leave at the top of his game as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: There's some truth about the drop, for sure, but when you're in the end zone like that, and facing a pass rush like that one, you need to get rid of the ball quickly. When his first couple of reads weren't there, he should've chucked it out of bounds around his nearest receiver. The announcers mentioned it as well. After waiting too long to get rid of the ball, it would've been best to just take the safety. Poor situational awareness. In his defense, he was under duress most of the game, and clearly flustered.

Yes, again, I'm not saying the pick six was AJ's "fault", but his inability to do what he's paid to do on the previous play put his team in that situation for Kyler to make a horrendous decision. The Cardinals weren't going to win that game last night no matter what AJ Green did, but that was one he should've had.  
Reply/Quote
I've always liked and respected AJ, but for reasons I could never quite put my finger on I've always had a nagging doubt about him come crunch time. Some players can really shine when the bright lights are on them and some don't. I don't believe it to be intentional just happenstance..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote