Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green: Lets Face the Truth
(10-11-2020, 05:36 PM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: This to me is unacceptable from someone making that kind of salary. Don’t know if he was truly hurt or benched but if the latter it was deserved. Hell media already has an article on it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/what-was-aj-green-doing-during-this-interception-185259863.html

I encourage every one to watch this play again.

If you can come up away from it and still think this dude is deserving of the C on his uniform then I'll be amazed.  You want to talk about zero effort, then this is it.

Just send this guy home for the year, and mail him his checks. 
Reply/Quote
I agree with AJ on this one. AJ had the matchups but the coaching staff failed to use him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to digest, but I want to win ASAP. AJ does not fit in that plan moving forward.
Reply/Quote
What does it tell you when a the FO wants to give $18m to a 32-year-old WR missing a season and a half straight who had been hurt three out of the last four years.... but don't want to offer $11m/yr to a 34-year-old LT coming off Pro Bowl and Pro Bowl/All-Pro seasons and had only missed 2 games in the previous 8 years?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I agree with AJ on this one. AJ had the matchups but the coaching staff failed to use him.

In fairness, AJ has done nothing this year to inspire confidence that he can win matchups, favorable or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: AJ Green is one of my all time favorite Bengals but we need to look soberly at his situation.

1. The franchise tag was a mistake.
2. He’s still injured from last year’s training camp.  It’s so obvious everyone can see it.
3. Playing him at less than 100% isn’t smart.
4. It’s ridiculous to expect him to play like his old self given (2) and (3).
5. He needs to sit.

It was painful to type that.

While I agree with a lot of your points here, I am  not allowing the injury card just yet.  If he was injured, he shouldn't have been signed.  

The fact remains that guys like Green and Dunlap are just holdovers from the old guard.  Maybe they don't like the new guard.  Whatever it is, they clearly don't want to be here or at the very least, they don't seem to have much interest in playing football.  

Move on from Green, Ross, Dunlap, Williams and go for youth with talent.  If they want to sign a veteran, aim for a Guard.  The rest should be drafted and developed.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We could be the Falcons who gave Julio 64 million guaranteed and his legs are about to fall off.

Except he's a better receiver and has always given top notch effort. When have we ever seen AJ put in this type of effort? I love AJ but he has disappointed in our biggest games and has done nothing for over a season and a half now. 

https://youtu.be/B84-mn0oLeI
Reply/Quote
AJ was one if my favorite players for a long time as I’m sure the same for a lot of others. With that said if it were up to me he gets one more chance to show something or rides the pine the rest of the season and gets the same amount of playing time as we got effort today. You make the decision going forward not to start him or make him inactive i believe he shuts it down again and gives even less.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, AJ has done nothing this year to inspire confidence that he can win favorable matchups.

I get that but this isn't just about AJ. 

The Ravens brought pressure and forced the Bengals to keep their RB and TEs into help block. Since Boyd has been their best Receiver the Ravens used Humphrey inside which took away alot of the hot routes. 

Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan should have recognized this and used Boyd outside and gave Tee and AJ the slot reps because of the matchups. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I said in the offseason that they should not franchise Green because it was too risky and that money would be better spent on OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: Except he's a better receiver and has always given top notch effort. When have we ever seen AJ put in this type of effort? I love AJ but he has disappointed in our biggest games and has done nothing for over a season and a half now. 

https://youtu.be/B84-mn0oLeI

Did you just use a defensive highlight reel for the WR position to call out career effort levels? 

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all. I think we've seen AJ come up big in plenty of big moments for us, what a terrible take.

Edit: Oof, even worse that its your first post.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I put some of the blame on Zac Taylor for this one. Marlon Humphrey followed Boyd in the slot and Marcus Peters followed Tee Higgins. Taylor could have used AJ in the slot against the Ravens 3rd and 4th corner but didnt.

Agree on this....but the announcers snuck in a nugget I wasn't aware of...AJ still nursing a hammy that he hurt in camp. At least they had the sense to shut him down in the 2nd half if true.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I saw this on Reddit; when they showed AJ sitting on the bench, it looks like he said “If you’re not going to use me, trade me”. It does look like he said that but I’m No lip reader.

As Wes said, re signing AJ was a mistake. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn out to be one of the worst ones ever made by this organization.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:58 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I saw this on Reddit; when they showed AJ sitting on the bench, it looks like he said “If you’re not going to use me, trade me”. It does look like he said that but I’m No lip reader.

As Wes said, re signing AJ was a mistake. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn out to be one of the worst ones ever made by this organization.

Mentioned this on Twitter. I'm deaf. Lip read. The videos I've seen, playback, aren't HD but I'd say I'm 99% confident he does in fact say that.

The body language is also suggestive as is the timing of it. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I encourage every one to watch this play again.

If you can come up away from it and still think this dude is deserving of the C on his uniform then I'll be amazed.  You want to talk about zero effort, then this is it.

Just send this guy home for the year, and mail him his checks. 

Yeah, that was piss poor. Maybe that's why we never see 9 looking his way....

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:55 PM)thillan Wrote: Did you just use a defensive highlight reel for the WR position to call out career effort levels? 

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all. I think we've seen AJ come up big in plenty of big moments for us, what a terrible take.

Edit: Oof, even worse that its your first post.

Given the context of what we've been discussing- his lack of effort on the interception and the poster I responded to mentioning Julio Jones- I think it's very relevant. 

I never said AJ hasn't come up big for us before. I said he has disappointed in our biggest games (playoffs) and hasn't done anything in a over a season and a half. AJ was a great bengal and one of my favorites but AJ now has shown that he's done. Both physically and mentally, at least with this team.

You act as if having the most posts makes you the smartest fan. This is a new account because I couldn't remember my password from my old one. I used to post under Sweetness but haven't been here in like a year or two because too many people are like you and care about their post count numbers meaning they're the best fan. 

If I cared enough I'm sure I could go through your 678 posts and pick out stupid takes and things you've said.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:00 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Mentioned this on Twitter. I'm deaf. Lip read. The videos I've seen, playback, aren't HD but I'd say I'm 99% confident he does in fact say that.

The body language is also suggestive as is the timing of it. 

Yeah I’d bet money that’s exactly what he said.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
He has zero trade value.

If he is injured, he should sit.

If he is healthy and this is the production/effort you are getting, he should sit.

The tag was not a mistake, it was worth a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: Given the context of what we've been discussing- his lack of effort on the interception and the poster I responded to mentioning Julio Jones- I think it's very relevant. 

I never said AJ hasn't come up big for us before. I said he has disappointed in our biggest games (playoffs) and hasn't done anything in a over a season and a half. AJ was a great bengal and one of my favorites but AJ now has shown that he's done. Both physically and mentally, at least with this team.

You act as if having the most posts makes you the smartest fan. This is a new account because I couldn't remember my password from my old one. I used to post under Sweetness but haven't been here in like a year or two because too many people are like you and care about their post count numbers meaning they're the best fan. 

There have been a few that mentioned Green's mediocre play in the postseason, but got blasted for it. Then again, everyone was mediocre or worse in the postseason.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The tag was not a mistake, it was worth a shot.

Dumbest post I've ever read on here. (Not exaggerating or joking)

No offense...
Reply/Quote