Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green: Lets Face the Truth
Yup everyone and their mother knows AJ is cooked.

As I've said many times regardless of this sh** show today.... Burrow simply does not care to look for AJ he did one game 13 targets and he caught the ball 3 times.

Front office needs to cut the dead vets literally and bring on a full youth movement for better or worse
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, this is the risk you run when you sign injured players. It sucks that his contract expired coming out of an injury. If you sign him and he's still injured, you look like the asshole. If you don't sign him and he turns out to not be injured, you look like the asshole. The front office was in an unenviable position to be sure.

But now we know and we can go into next off season knowing we have 18 million dollars to go fix the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20.

Only for those that wanted him back.

For the rest of us, it was foresight.  And it couldn't have been more obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He has zero trade value.

If he is injured, he should sit.

If he is healthy and this is the production/effort you are getting, he should sit.

The tag was not a mistake, it was worth a shot.

agree..b4 today I felt they would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him...now not sure they get a 6th. He looks that bad and now another injury?
FO mismanaged all of these old era guys like AJ, Geno, Dunlap. They all should have been shipped out before this season began. Trade deadline coming up. lets see if they have the balls to do something    
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:36 PM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: This to me is unacceptable from someone making that kind of salary. Don’t know if he was truly hurt or benched but if the latter it was deserved. Hell media already has an article on it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/what-was-aj-green-doing-during-this-interception-185259863.html

Yeah, it broke my heart seeing that.  I was still holding out hope that he just needed time to get healthy.  But that play looked like the kind of zero effort, zero attention, "I'm just out here as a decoy" play that we saw from Ross game after game.  There's no excuse for that unless he's still playing hurt and the team is stupid enough to put him out there as a decoy.

At this point they should just put him on IR for a hangnail so the team can move on.
Reply/Quote
Watching him sitting there alone on the sideline was heartbreaking man.

There's been this narrative that AJ somehow quiet on this team and it's ***** stupid. He didn't give up on the team. He's hurt and literally can't cut out there.

AJ has been Bengalized. It took 11 years but it finally happened. This organization has somehow found a way to make fans turn on one of their best/favorite players in franchise history.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:06 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: There have been a few that mentioned Green's mediocre play in the postseason, but got blasted for it. Then again, everyone was mediocre or worse in the postseason.

Not true. Guys like Marvin Jones and Ced Benson had some good games.

As for AJ? I’m very disappointed in him right now. Father Time catching up to him is one thing, it happens, and the injures also took their toll, but this “then trade me” nonsense is pretty ridiculous. Talk about being delusional. Have you watched the film of yourself this season?

He was always the consummate professional, the oh so rare non-diva star WR, but blaming anyone but himself is just a total lack of self awareness. You ain’t 2015 AJ Green anymore bro, not even close.

He doesn’t deserve the C on his jersey, or the 18 mil we’re paying him. Frankly, I’m sad and depressed it’s come to this with yet another Bengal great. FML
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Sure looks like he stopped running on the route that Burrow threw the INT on. Then essentially pulling a Cam Newton on the return and getting out of harm's way. That's going to be awfully hard to explain that to his teammates when they see it in the media.

I don't know when exactly he came out of the game but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Taylor yanked him for what happened on that play. Why would he be bitching about not being used, especially if he was injured?

It's over for AJ in Cincinnati. Kinda seems like deja vu again with what happened with Chad at the end. $23 million (Green/Ross) in receivers that contribute nothing. That money could've bought a RT and RG. Oh well, who saw this coming?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. Guys like Marvin Jones and Ced Benson had some good games.

As for AJ? I’m very disappointed in him right now. Father Time catching up to him is one thing, it happens, and the injures also took their toll, but this “then trade me” nonsense is pretty ridiculous. Talk about being delusional. Have you watched the film of yourself this season?

He was always the consummate professional, the oh so rare non-diva star WR, but blaming anyone but himself is just a total lack of self awareness. You ain’t 2015 AJ Green anymore bro, not even close.

He doesn’t deserve the C on his jersey, or the 18 mil we’re paying him. Frankly, I’m sad and depressed it’s come to this with yet another Bengal great. FML

Ah, you're right. I forgot about Ced and Marvin....but honestly, they're the only ones? Probably why I forgot.

This really pains me to say....but I agree about Green. Dude, you ain't played in 3 years now. It sucks, losing does this to even consummate pros...but he really has to look in the mirror. This isn't like not using pre 2018 AJ Green.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. Guys like Marvin Jones and Ced Benson had some good games.

Kind of an edit....but Burfict played well against Pitt in 2015.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Kind of an edit....but Burfict played well against Pitt in 2015.

until the meltdown...

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I encourage every one to watch this play again.

If you can come up away from it and still think this dude is deserving of the C on his uniform then I'll be amazed.  You want to talk about zero effort, then this is it.

Just send this guy home for the year, and mail him his checks. 

I think he thought he was albert haynesworth for a second
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: until the meltdown...

I blame Hill....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I put some of the blame on Zac Taylor for this one. Marlon Humphrey followed Boyd in the slot and Marcus Peters followed Tee Higgins. Taylor could have used AJ in the slot against the Ravens 3rd and 4th corner but didnt.

Taylor is offensively mindless. You can take that both ways. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I lost a lot of money today being a homer and thinking AJ would be back to his old self as a Ravens killer..... Damn it

You should have just taken that money and givin it to someone on the street. And as an added measure have them kick you in the nuts. Same result.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:59 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Taylor is offensively mindless. You can take that both ways. 

Yes, it is offensive how mindless he is...
Reply/Quote
There were questions on what the team should do with Green this off season. 5 games onto the season, questions have been answered for what to do with Green next season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
let us type the same for G. Atkins soon!

It looks like he zero'd across the board, not even 1 tackle today. Did he play? I saw his name out there. Maybe he will take 4 games to shake off rust.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:38 PM)thillan Wrote: He did fool a lot of us though when he said he believes he has a couple more years of high-level performance.

He may have been saying that to the other 31 NFL teams in hopes one would give him the long-term deal we didn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: let us type the same for G. Atkins soon!

It looks like he zero'd across the board, not even 1 tackle today. Did he play? I saw his name out there. Maybe he will take 4 games to shake off rust.

Yeah, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, and Ross should all be up for grabs tomorrow. 

But none of them will be.

Reply/Quote