Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green contract floor has been set. 70 milion
Dez Bryant signed 5 year 70 million contract 45 guaranteed. That is the floor. I'm okay with a deal similar to this.
They are repped by same Agent
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 04:37 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Dez Bryant signed 5 year 70 million contract 45  guaranteed. That is the floor. I'm okay with a deal similar to this.
They are repped by same Agent
 Honestly, the more I think about it this should be the ceiling. Both Thomas and Bryant have better numbers than AJ.

I am thinking closer to 65 million for 5 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Honestly, the more I think about it this should be the ceiling. Both Thomas and Bryant have better numbers than AJ.

I guess I'll say it.

Discrepancy in the QB play should be taken in account with this.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:07 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I guess I'll say it.

you mean the QB that has a chance to set a NFL record for most TDs in the first 5 years of a career?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you mean the QB that has a chance to set a NFL record for most TDs in the first 5 years of a career?

No. I think he means Peyton Manning  and Tony Romo are better QBs than Andy. Do you disagree?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dez is probably better than A.J.

But A.J. is probably better than Thomas.

Both signed very similar deals, just give Green that contract and call it a day.
Reply/Quote

Fine.  Then dock AJ's overall value due to his high drop rate, awful performance against SD in 2013 and his blunder at Pitt last season, etc, etc.  

Such a ridiculous mindset.
Reply/Quote
I think Green can get more than this. I wouldn't be shocked if he would  sign a deal similar to these but I think(from recent reports) he waits till free agency to sign a deal. It just depends on weather he wants the money and security now or is he willing to bet on himself and risk injury to sign a bigger deal next season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:24 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Fine.  Then dock AJ's overall value due to his high drop rate, awful performance against SD in 2013 and his blunder at Pitt last season, etc, etc.  

Maybe I will.

At the end of the day... he's worth virtually the same as those two. I expected Dez to eclipse 15 million, so this helps.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:30 PM)J24 Wrote: I think Green can get more than this. I wouldn't be shocked if he would  sign a deal similar to these but I think(from recent reports) he waits till free agency to sign a deal. It just depends on weather he wants the money and security now or is he willing to bet on himself and risk injury to sign a bigger deal next season. 

If I am the Bengals I offer AJ the same deal that Thomas signed today and see where he stands.  My guess is that he would sign.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:35 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: If I am the Bengals I offer AJ the same deal that Thomas signed today and see where he stands.  My guess is that he would sign.

The difference between AJ, Dez, and Thomas is that AJ is still under contact; the others were not. AJ earns $10.17 Mil this year fully guarenteed. I assume AJ is happy with the fully guarenteed money and the Bengals are good with the $4 Mil savings.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:24 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Fine.  Then dock AJ's overall value due to his high drop rate, awful performance against SD in 2013 and his blunder at Pitt last season, etc, etc.  

Such a ridiculous mindset.

I think the more ridiculous mindset would be the casual fan mindset of only looking at the statsheet to decide who is better without factoring in anything else about the players in question.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The difference between AJ, Dez, and Thomas is that AJ is still under contact; the others were not. AJ earns $10.17 Mil this year fully guarenteed. I assume AJ is happy with the fully guarenteed money and the Bengals are good with the $4 Mil savings.

You wouldn't have to add salary to 2015.  Allow him to play at 10.18 this season, add a hefty signing bonus and you essentially have AJ taken care of for 6 seasons instead of 5 (play 2015 at current rate, add 5 years to it).
Reply/Quote

I think you can evaluate them without bringing QB play into it. If you watch Dez, he's fantastic. AJ may be better at plucking balls out of the air, but Dez is more physical. They're both beasts and I don't see how anyone could say one is any better than the other. 

Honestly, I think bringing QB play up is kind of silly. AJ has had amazing production with Dalton as his QB. You can't get much better than 1400 yards and 11 TD's. Unless you're Calvin Johnson. Of course, AJ hasn't been on Calvin's level, and the Bengals don't pass nearly as much as the Lions. So expecting 1600+ yards is kind of unrealistic.

In short, I don't see where Dalton has held AJ back.
(07-15-2015, 05:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: At the end of the day... he's worth virtually the same as those two. I expected Dez to eclipse 15 million, so this helps.

Agreed. This is good news for us. AJ should get right around what Dez got.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 06:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think you can evaluate them without bringing QB play into it. If you watch Dez, he's fantastic. AJ may be better at plucking balls out of the air, but Dez is more physical. They're both beasts and I don't see how anyone could say one is any better than the other. 

Honestly, I think bringing QB play up is kind of silly. AJ has had amazing production with Dalton as his QB. You can't get much better than 1400 yards and 11 TD's. Unless you're Calvin Johnson. Of course, AJ hasn't been on Calvin's level, and the Bengals don't pass nearly as much as the Lions. So expecting 1600+ yards is kind of unrealistic.

In short, I don't see where Dalton has held AJ back.

Agreed. This is good news for us. AJ should get right around what Dez got.

I had a feeling I'd get some backlash.

I'm saying strictly speaking stats, when someone says this WR has better production, but the QB difference is noticeable, it's just not a strong enough argument.

I'm saying it's impressive, not the other way around, that Green is producing close to these guy's levels and that shouldn't diminish his value, like luvnit said.

I don't think he's held him back a whole lot because there's not a lot of room for improvement statistically, like you said. But it should be mentioned, whether it sounds like an insult or not, that 
he produced these numbers with an average QB compared to two of the top 6-7 QBs in the league. That's all.

And I still think A.J. hasn't reached his potential as a player, maybe production, but not his skillset.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:35 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: If I am the Bengals I offer AJ the same deal that Thomas signed today and see where he stands.  My guess is that he would sign.

Sounds about right to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:55 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think the more ridiculous mindset would be the casual fan mindset of only looking at the statsheet to decide who is better without factoring in anything else about the players in question.

I'm confused. Who is doing that? Certainly not me. My point is to give AJ more consideration or $$$ because "Dalton is his QB" is ridiculous on numerous levels.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Honestly, the more I think about it this should be the ceiling. Both Thomas and Bryant have better numbers than AJ.

I am thinking closer to 65 million for 5 years.

They have better numbers because they've been around since '10.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The difference between AJ, Dez, and Thomas is that AJ is still under contact; the others were not. AJ earns $10.17 Mil this year fully guarenteed. I assume AJ is happy with the fully guarenteed money and the Bengals are good with the $4 Mil savings.

This.  Why pay an extra $4 - 5 mil now?  Wait till the end of the season.  Of course, if he has a fabulous season, he may want more.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Dez%20DT%20AJ_zpst3q0iwkt.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote