Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
(10-30-2018, 03:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ did say after the game, he jammed his toe. He'll be fine guys.

Breathing a sigh of relief........ hopefully it’s as minor as it sounds.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure it will take more than a sprained toe to keep him off the field against the Saints. The boot has to be precautionary. Plus he has an extra week for it to get better.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 07:56 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm sure it will take more than a sprained toe to keep him off the field against the Saints.  The boot has to be precautionary. Plus he has an extra week for it to get better.

Being on the field, and being effective are two different things.  But, I'm glad they have this week off, as even Boyd was getting up rather slow a few times last Sunday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This injury is very serious because A J Green is the Bengals Big Toe.

[Image: john-winger-stripes.jpg?quality=95&w=650]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This injury is very serious because A J Green is the Bengals Big Toe.

[Image: john-winger-stripes.jpg?quality=95&w=650]

So are saying Sgt. Hulka is our big toe?
Reply/Quote
update--and its not good news

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh goody.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
So we knew about this and plenty of good WR's just got traded for relatively cheap? Great.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So we knew about this and plenty of good WR's just got traded for relatively cheap? Great.

That's what I don't understand.

At the least get an insurance plan if Boyd has to slide to #1 if even for a short time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:56 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's what I don't understand.

At the least get an insurance plan if Boyd has to slide to #1 if even for a short time.

I think DeMaryius Thomas just went for a 4th rounder.

Could've used him for (very good) insurance in case AJ is hurt, and if AJ is ok, we'd have the best WR trio in football.

He can be cut with very little dead money next offseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think DeMaryius Thomas just went for a 4th rounder.

Could've used him for (very good) insurance in case AJ is hurt, and if AJ is ok, we'd have the best WR trio in football.

Would have been so sweet if this deal would have happened. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So we knew about this 

Knew about what?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think DeMaryius Thomas just went for a 4th rounder.

4th and a 7th iirc, so we'd be basically looking at a 4th and 6th to outbid Houston for him, that is if Houston didn't turn it into a bidding war.

To me, Dez Bryant is still sitting out there and had similar stats to Thomas last year.  We have several spots a couple of draft picks could be used to fill next year like RG, DT, and depth at RB, T, TE, and CB.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: 4th and a 7th iirc, so we'd be basically looking at a 4th and 6th to outbid Houston for him, that is if Houston didn't turn it into a bidding war.

To me, Dez Bryant is still sitting out there and had similar stats to Thomas last year.  We have several spots a couple of draft picks could be used to fill next year like RG, DT, and depth at RB, T, TE, and CB.

I'm not a fan of Dez, but he does have some good physical skills.  A guy like him could do much for his image, by coming to a team like the Bengals and showing that he can be a humble, unselfish team player.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
DeMaryius Thomas is not the WR he used to be.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not a fan of Dez, but he does have some good physical skills.  A guy like him could do much for his image, by coming to a team like the Bengals and showing that he can be a humble, unselfish team player.

I think we'd be a good fit for him.

Now if a team thinks he's going to be a #1, then that's a bad fit.

Here, I think he could thrive.

What it comes down to here is A) Are we willing to pay him?
B) Do we want to take time away from Ross? And B2) Is he $3 million or whatever he costs better than Ross?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not a fan of Dez, but he does have some good physical skills.  A guy like him could do much for his image, by coming to a team like the Bengals and showing that he can be a humble, unselfish team player.

I don't much care for him, either, but it's hard for me to justify giving up draft picks for a WR when a player of that caliber is just sitting out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What it comes down to here is A) Are we willing to pay him?
B) Do we want to take time away from Ross? And B2) Is he $3 million or whatever he costs better than Ross?

Those are good questions.  A.  Not sure what sort of funds the team has available right now.  B.  That depends.  If we're looking at being without AJ Green for several games, then we would still need for Ross to play as well.  (Boyd, Bryant, Ross in 3WR sets)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we'd be a good fit for him.

Now if a team thinks he's going to be a #1, then that's a bad fit.

Here, I think he could thrive.

What it comes down to here is A) Are we willing to pay him?

He's never had AJ opposite him either.  At this stage in his career, with Boyd in the slot, he could thrive as a #2.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Tyrelle Pryor but wondered why they couldn't have brought him in.

He could've been okay as #3 WR and emergency backup TE perhaps.

With nemesis Pacman long gone and his familiarity with the team it would seem like a comfort landing.

Instead he signed with the Bills?  I thought I saw they only have 3 touchdown passes this year. LOL

Oh well.  Guess he might get a few thrown to him if the QB isn't buried 6 feet under after snapping the ball.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote