Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
(11-04-2018, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh, idk...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/04/report-surgery-a-possibility-for-a-j-green/

[Image: 658.png]

Demaryius Thomas is sounding better by the minute. We missed out. 

Any news on Ross? If we're relying on those 2 to replace AJ Green...ugh. I agree that Dalton isn't so bad without AJ though. He led us to the playoffs in 2014 with Green missing essentially 5 games. I'd still look have Dez Bryant and several others in the building ASAP though.

Nah.  We'll be fine.  This is what we've been saving Josh Malone for all year.   Nervous
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tough loss to overcome with a strong defense. Without Green they won't be scoring 30+ points and thus season is over. Defense can't hold opponents under 30.

Injuries will give MB an excuse to retain Marvin.

On to the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
My gut still thinks that he'll be fine and that he'll be playing...

But my gut counts for nothing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict he misses at least a month. I can see him coming back by week 14 or 15, but what will the Bengals record be?

Remember back in 2016 when he missed several games? He apparently could have come back for the last two games but they said why bother? I just wish he came back and got 50 yards receiving so he can say he had another 1,000 yard season. He's had them every year in his career but that one and that was because he missed a bunch of games.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My gut still thinks that he'll be fine and that he'll be playing...

Eat some yogurt Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My gut still thinks that he'll be fine and that he'll be playing...

My gut's been coming up empty lately as well, since it has been gurgling something about Auden Tate becoming our secret weapon this season. No sense rushing into it though, I suppose  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

My gut feels this is like the CP situation in 2008, when the front office is stringing it along, but eventually AJ will be shut down for the year.

I could just need to poop though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My gut feels this is like the CP situation in 2008, when the front office is stringing it along, but eventually AJ will be shut down for the year.

I could just need to poop though.

Have another cup of coffee.....some oatmeal maybe. Are ya near a Skyline? White Castle?  
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

From the looks of you in your wedding photos, you don't seem to carry much of a "gut".   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From the looks of you in your wedding photos, you don't seem to carry much of a "gut".   LOL

I thank ya Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers have a high probability of winning the division if they beat the Ravens today anyway. Not sure where this team could go without a healthy AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I was hoping we’d trade for a WR, and now even more so.

Gotta save those mid round picks for next year. Seriously, having Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas would look nice.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:44 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Gotta save those mid round picks for next year.  Seriously, having Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas would look nice.

You would give up a 3rd round pick for Golden Tate to play 8 games?

Demaryius Thomas is set to make 14 million next year. 

I think both of those would have been bad trades for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Blah...he's not going to be playing against the saints.
Reply/Quote
I think he's done, probably for the year. The guy he's going to see is noted for his expertise as a surgeon. Expect to hear that he had surgery done sometime this week. The injuries this year have been crippling. No clue if Ross is healthy yet. Malone MIA. Hoping Green is out 2-4 and not season ending, but looks like he's done
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: You would give up a 3rd round pick for Golden Tate to play 8 games?

And Dez Bryant is still available, for whatever they could get him to sign for.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dez is the new TO. I would happily accept that pickup.

Gotta roll the dice and see what happens.

Good call sunny
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Have another cup of coffee.....some oatmeal maybe. Are ya near a Skyline? White Castle?  

Don't drink coffee, hate oatmeal and no Skyline or Whitey's where I live. Looks like I'm shit outta luck. 

(11-04-2018, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: You would give up a 3rd round pick for Golden Tate to play 8 games?

He's going to get released before next year, and I heard there's not much dead money to worry about.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And Dez Bryant is still available, for whatever they could get him to sign for.

I would sign him, especially if AJ is done, just for the hell of it.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 05:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Dez is the new TO.  I would happily accept that pickup.  

Gotta roll the dice and see what happens.  

Good call sunny

(11-04-2018, 06:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would sign him, especially if AJ is done, just for the hell of it.

I've mentioned previously, that Dez would be a good half-year signing.  A change in scenery might allow him to just play football, as well as improve his image in the bigger picture.  I'm pretty certain that sitting for half a season has been quite humbling, for an athlete and ego of his stature.  I'm willing to bet that he'd like to have an opportunity to show the league that he still has "it", and that he can be a humble, strong teammate.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote