Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
(11-07-2018, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are you trying to derail this into a conversation about AJ's health?

The latest I've heard is that surgery is not required and he will miss 2 games. 

Sorry, I just had a dream last night of AJ lifting up the Lombardi high in February of 2019. It was one of the weirdest, perhaps unrealistic dreams I've had in a while.  i HAD to get an update. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: Right, because I was so clearly talking about the Saints.

You said he won’t make a difference Sunday. He just might, but for the team we face. Chill bro.. so much anger in your post. It’s like you know you’re wrong or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: So what exactly is your point?  Let me know when you stop jumping around and land on one.  Do you have any familiarity with the Bengals?

Do you think the bengals are ok at WR? I’ll wait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Do you think the bengals are ok at WR?  I’ll wait.

No.  They probably aren't.  But that's because their top guy is out.  Of the available players at that position, only Tate would have filled that spot.  And he's getting up there too.  Do we really seem close enough to winning it all to rent somebody for half a season?  It makes no sense.  Plus, we're talking about the Bengals.  Being aware of how they operate seems relevant.

If we were talking about a MIKE or a WILL, I'd probably be on board.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:31 PM)pally Wrote: Dez Bryant will have a Tuesday tryout......

with the Saints

And he signed with the Saints.  Will we see him on Sunday?  Doubtful but Sean Payton likes to pull surprises

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: No.  They probably aren't.  But that's because their top guy is out.  Of the available players at that position, only Tate would have filled that spot.  And he's getting up there too.  Do we really seem close enough to winning it all to rent somebody for half a season?  It makes no sense.  Plus, we're talking about the Bengals.  Being aware of how they operate seems relevant.

If we were talking about a MIKE or a WILL, I'd probably be on board.

Yes we could rent Tate for a year. Give up a 3rd now and get a 3rd or 4th comp pick in return.

When your defense is atrocious, you need all offensive talent possible
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sorry, I just had a dream last night of AJ lifting up the Lombardi high in February of 2019. It was one of the weirdest, perhaps unrealistic dreams I've had in a while.  i HAD to get an update.  Ninja

Impossible - the trade deadline has passed...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have and im pretty sure Malone dropped a crucial gimme pass against the Steelers.

That was enough for me to dismiss him.

So a couple of dropped balls, and you are ready to dismiss him. Hmmmm, probably why you're not coaching in the NFL. You know who else has had a couple of dropped balls this year, and a lot of them last year? I'll wait..... (Hint: his last name is a combination of blue and yellow)
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:42 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Part of the jobs as coaches is to (a) get younger players ready to play and (b) evaluate the potential of younger players to determine if the team should continue with them or move on. I have little confidence this happens on this team to the extent it needs to. 

Or, maybe it's because the coaches just have a different opinion than you do after watching them daily......
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So a couple of dropped balls, and you are ready to dismiss him. Hmmmm, probably why you're not coaching in the NFL. You know who else has had a couple of dropped balls this year, and a lot of them last year? I'll wait..... (Hint: his last name is a combination of blue and yellow)

Now you are comparing Malone to green. Come on
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or, maybe it's because the coaches just have a different opinion than you do after watching them daily......

The same coaching staff that has turned a top defense into a historically bad defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or, maybe it's because the coaches just have a different opinion than you do after watching them daily......

I have little faith that these coaches know enough , they certainly don't show it.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Now you are comparing Malone to green.  Come on

So you think a WR should be cut for one drop?

Come on.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think a WR should be cut for one drop?

Come on.

When did I say anyone should be cut?

You best should know better than to put words in someone’s mouth
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: When did I say anyone should be cut?  

When you defended Yellowdiscipline's claim that Malone should be dismissed based on one drop against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you defended Yellowdiscipline's claim that Malone should be dismissed based on one drop against the Steelers.

I never defended that. I did however say you can’t compare Malone to green.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Now you are comparing Malone to green.  Come on

Not comparing the players, comparing the drops. Green has as many as Core and Malone this year....
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not comparing the players, comparing the drops. Green has as many as Core and Malone this year....

On how many targets?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:34 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I never defended that.  I did however say you can’t compare Malone to green.

He was not comparing Malone to Green.  He was just using them as examples of how stupid it would be to dismiss a player for a single drop. He never implied that Malone was as good as Green.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 07:10 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: On how many targets?

That's the point. Yes, Green has a lot of targets (and I'm not hacking on Green, I'm using him as an example) The others have very few targets. You have to give them enough targets to see if they can produce before you write them off. None of the Core/Malone/Ross players have had  that many targets to determine this.
Reply/Quote