Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
(11-07-2018, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, are you really this clueless or are you intentionally twisting the truth to try and make the Bengals look bad.

For the entire season the Saints have only had ONE wr with more than 12 receptions.  They have placed 3 WRs on IR.  Trying to compare their situation with the Bengal who have had two of the top 11 WRS in the league on the roster all year is ridiculous.

Since you seem to act/say the bengals have done enough. What have the bengals done to:

1) replace eifert
2) help while kroft is out
3) help while green is out
4) deal with the ineffectiveness and injury of John Ross

Literally out of all the pass cattchers, not RB, the bengals probably had hoped to rely on (50+ catches) that is healthy and productive at this point in the season is Boyd. The other 3 Eifert, green, Ross are now gone for the year or will be questionable moving forward
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:58 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals have one WR this Sunday that has double digit catches on the season.

Who are the up and comers you speak of?

For what it’s worth, Dez Bryant has a higher catch percentage last year with a more inaccurate qb, than John Ross this year

Posters on this board want it both ways. You either play the young guys, or you don't.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Posters on this board want it both ways. You either play the young guys, or you don't.

If the young guys were producing then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Let’s look outside of Dez and saints.

Texans lose fuller (equivalent to boyd on bengals) they trade for D Thomas.

Eagles lose no one and they go get golden Tate.

The bengals are in a similar position this year at 5-3 and they sit and twiddle their thumbs
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the young guys were producing then we wouldn’t be having this problem

But the reason they dont produce is "Marvin won't play the young guys"
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Posters on this board want it both ways. You either play the young guys, or you don't.

What most want is to play the GOOD young guys, but if they are not good, move on and find better players. There is a difference.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 11:44 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: What most want is to play the GOOD young guys, but if they are not good, move on and find better players. There is a difference.

It's not like Core, Malone and Ross have had that many targets. Very few in fact. You have to play them regularly to see if they can produce. I'm down on Core because of his drops, Malone on his lack of production, and Ross for quitting on routes, but none of them have had enough targets to even know if they will be any good. Only way to find out is to put them in and leave them in.... or, we can hire old vets.... but then complaining about not playing the young guys is the height of hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 10:15 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: With our Pass catching players (eifert, Kroft, Ross, green, core) hurt or not reliable... would it hurt to bring in WRs to at least work them
Out?  It’s the lack of even trying to get better that frustrates me.

Maybe Dez is washed up,  but how do the bengals know that?  Is there NO ONE out there that could help over core or Tate?  Hell, Brandon Marshall just got released by the Seahawks, but has done more this season than Tate and core have done their entire careers combined.

Bengals should have made a move for Golden Tate knowing green was hurt.  Yes it would have cost a third, but he is a FA and if we don’t resign him, he would have signed a contract large enough to justify a comp pick anyway.

Or D Thomas...

So maybe Dez isn’t the answer, but it’s like the bengals don’t even want to acknowledge their receiving corps is banged up and questionable.  Especially given that this team will have to outscote their opponents to win- due to the defense.

Are we one player away?  Can Dez play LB? 

The Saints are 7-1 with one of the all time great QB's.  They are on fire and a legit SB contender.  We, on the other hand, are clearly more than one aged WR away.   What makes sense for the Saints or the Eagles or the Texans just doesn't make sense for us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:07 PM)McC Wrote: Are we one player away?  Can Dez play LB? 

The Saints are 7-1 with one of the all time great QB's.  They are on fire and a legit SB contender.  We, on the other hand, are clearly more than one aged WR away.   What makes sense for the Saints or the Eagles or the Texans just doesn't make sense for us.

Wow.

The bengals are 5-3 and very much are in the playoff picture. Are they one player away from a SB? No. But they might be one player away from winning a game that’s determines if they are in the playoffs or not.

If you don’t understand the importance of making and winning a playoff game for the bengals to get over the mental hurdles for then I’m really confused.

As a team, the most important thing is to put the best team on the field.

If they lose to Baltimore next week and fall to 5-5 it may very well be due to lack of talent around Andy. That feels a lot different than 6-4, we will find out.

It’s a moot point, it’s too late at this point. But if I’m A.J. and bust my ass only for the team to put garbage on the field while I’m out, then why would he re-up?

If the team was 3-5 I would agree, but at 5-3 and very much in control of your own destiny, they should do everything possible to put the best team on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 12:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not like Core, Malone and Ross have had that many targets. Very few in fact. You have to play them regularly to see if they can produce. I'm down on Core because of his drops, Malone on his lack of production, and Ross for quitting on routes, but none of them have had enough targets to even know if they will be any good. Only way to find out is to put them in and leave them in.... or, we can hire old vets.... but then complaining about not playing the young guys is the height of hypocrisy.

Part of the jobs as coaches is to (a) get younger players ready to play and (b) evaluate the potential of younger players to determine if the team should continue with them or move on. I have little confidence this happens on this team to the extent it needs to. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Wow.

The bengals are 5-3 and very much are in the playoff picture.  Are they one player away from a SB?  No.  But they might be one player away from winning a game that’s determines if they are in the playoffs or not.

If you don’t understand the importance of making and winning a playoff game for the bengals to get over the mental hurdles for then I’m really confused.  

As a team, the most important thing is to put the best team on the field.  

If they lose to Baltimore next week and fall to 5-5 it may very well be due to lack of talent around Andy.  That feels a lot different than 6-4, we will find out.

It’s a moot point, it’s too late at this point.  But if I’m A.J. and bust my ass only for the team to put garbage on the field while I’m out, then why would he re-up?

If the team was 3-5 I would agree, but at 5-3 and very much in control of your own destiny, they should do everything possible to put the best team on the field.

Dez would not make a bit of difference Sunday.  He is no longer a WR1.  Go on and pretend he is if you want.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I don't understand why everyone is upset over not trading or signing a WR when it's obvious they need Tight Ends a hell of a lot more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: Dez would not make a bit of difference Sunday.  He is no longer a WR1.  Go on and pretend he is if you want.

If he does play Sunday, I would gander he makes some sort of impact, you know, since the 7-1 Saints just signed him and he’s playing against our wonderful defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If he does play Sunday, I would gander he makes some sort of impact, you know, since the 7-1 Saints just signed him and he’s playing against our wonderful defense.

Right, because I was so clearly talking about the Saints.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: Dez would not make a bit of difference Sunday.  He is no longer a WR1.  Go on and pretend he is if you want.

When did I mention Dez, or anyone,helping against the saints? That game is a loss regardless.

Go on and pretend with your reading comprehension if you want
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:52 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: When did I mention Dez, or anyone,helping against the saints?  That game is a loss regardless.

Go on and pretend with your reading comprehension if you want

So what exactly is your point?  Let me know when you stop jumping around and land on one.  Do you have any familiarity with the Bengals?

Reply/Quote

We have and im pretty sure Malone dropped a crucial gimme pass against the Steelers.

That was enough for me to dismiss him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have and im pretty sure Malone dropped a crucial gimme pass against the Steelers.

That was enough for me to dismiss him.

Actually, that was Core.  Get your dismissing right.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, that was Core.  Get your dismissing right.

Good ol' Core.  Dude was the gem of the draft.  Don't let his late-round status fool you, remember Tom Brady, anyone? etc.
Reply/Quote
What's the latest news on AJ?? Anyone? He already had his evaluation done I believe.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: What's the latest news on AJ?? Anyone? He already had his evaluation done I believe.

Why are you trying to derail this into a conversation about AJ's health?

The latest I've heard is that surgery is not required and he will miss 2 games. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote