Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
(11-05-2018, 10:31 PM)pally Wrote: Dez Bryant will have a Tuesday tryout......

with the Saints

Makes sense. They're a Super Bowl contender.

The Bengals are contending for an above .500 record. That's out Super Bowl I'm sad to say.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I need to remember not to wear my 18 jersey on game day anymore.

We've lost more than we've won when I've worn it, and I'm pretty sure AJ has gotten injured in each of the wins that I've had it on.

Bad mojo!

I didn’t wear mine against TB. First time all year. After the KC game, I was flattened.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

with the Saints

Good for them.

Reply/Quote

with the Saints

Dez Bryant... Dez Bryant.... Dez Bryant.... that's all we hear here. You know, he also tried out for the Browns, and they weren't impressed. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dez Bryant... Dez Bryant.... Dez Bryant.... that's all we hear here. You know, he also tried out for the Browns, and they weren't impressed. 

Um, the browns offered him a 1 year $5M contract.

But you’re right. Boyd, Core, and CJ put fear into opposing D coordinators. I wonder how the saints coaches are sleeping this week
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Um, the browns offered him a 1 year $5M contract.

But you’re right.  Boyd, Core, and CJ put fear into opposing D coordinators.  I wonder how the saints coaches are sleeping this week

I suspect John Harbaugh is still having nightmares involving Tyler Boyd....
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Makes sense. They're a Super Bowl contender.

The Bengals are contending for an above .500 record. That's out Super Bowl I'm sad to say.

WR needy teams all over the league.  None of them has signed Dez.  Two teams even traded for WR's.  No one has signed Dez.  Does it really take Sherlock Holmes to decipher this one?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:51 AM)McC Wrote: WR needy teams all over the league.  None of them has signed Dez.  Two teams even traded for WR's.  No one has signed Dez.  Does it really take Sherlock Holmes to decipher this one?

With our Pass catching players (eifert, Kroft, Ross, green, core) hurt or not reliable... would it hurt to bring in WRs to at least work them
Out? It’s the lack of even trying to get better that frustrates me.

Maybe Dez is washed up, but how do the bengals know that? Is there NO ONE out there that could help over core or Tate? Hell, Brandon Marshall just got released by the Seahawks, but has done more this season than Tate and core have done their entire careers combined.

Bengals should have made a move for Golden Tate knowing green was hurt. Yes it would have cost a third, but he is a FA and if we don’t resign him, he would have signed a contract large enough to justify a comp pick anyway.

Or D Thomas...

So maybe Dez isn’t the answer, but it’s like the bengals don’t even want to acknowledge their receiving corps is banged up and questionable. Especially given that this team will have to outscote their opponents to win- due to the defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:51 AM)McC Wrote: WR needy teams all over the league.  None of them has signed Dez.  Two teams even traded for WR's.  No one has signed Dez.  Does it really take Sherlock Holmes to decipher this one?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out hjow things work around here.

Bengals do the same thing as every iother team in the league means Bengals don't care about winning like every other team in the league.
Reply/Quote

bu..bu..but we are the Bengals, we don't turn anyone away for the thugness or mental state of mind, as long as they can put on a uniform and have experience in their resume and have had success at one time in their career.  Wink
Reply/Quote
So to play Devil's Advocate, let's say we sign Dez because AJ is hurt and out for maybe a couple of games. AJ comes back, which young upcoming receiver gets cut so the guy on the back end of his career has a roster spot, because Dez is not going to sign anywhere to play 2 or 3 games....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So to play Devil's Advocate, let's say we sign Dez because AJ is hurt and out for maybe a couple of games. AJ comes back, which young upcoming receiver gets cut so the guy on the back end of his career has a roster spot, because Dez is not going to sign anywhere to play 2 or 3 games....

Certainly wouldn't want to cut the next Dez Briscoe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dez Bryant... Dez Bryant.... Dez Bryant.... that's all we hear here. You know, he also tried out for the Browns, and they weren't impressed. 

How’s that working out for them?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So to play Devil's Advocate, let's say we sign Dez because AJ is hurt and out for maybe a couple of games. AJ comes back, which young upcoming receiver gets cut so the guy on the back end of his career has a roster spot, because Dez is not going to sign anywhere to play 2 or 3 games....

Tate core any number of nobodies.
Reply/Quote

with the Saints

I hadn't heard that one, only that they were trying out Brandon Marshall...
Reply/Quote
Dez and saints in contract negotiations.

The saints didn’t lose their #1 for any time, but he is banged up so they Are being PROACTIVE.

The bengals knew over a week ago green was hurt and would
Miss games at a minimum and potentially need surgery. So they brought in no one to try out...

Had they brought in WRs last week for tryout, they could have had the bye to get acclimated. Lapham said if the WRs don’t do much this week, then the bengals might look at other options.

The bengals are so poorly run it’s not funny. Just when you think they are trying to turn a corner, they always seem to show they still don’t get it.
Reply/Quote

The bengals have one WR this Sunday that has double digit catches on the season.

Who are the up and comers you speak of?

For what it’s worth, Dez Bryant has a higher catch percentage last year with a more inaccurate qb, than John Ross this year
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:54 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The saints didn’t lose their #1 for any time, but he is banged up so they Are being PROACTIVE.  

C'mon man, are you really this clueless or are you intentionally twisting the truth to try and make the Bengals look bad.

For the entire season the Saints have only had ONE wr with more than 12 receptions.  They have placed 3 WRs on IR.  Trying to compare their situation with the Bengal who have had two of the top 11 WRS in the league on the roster all year is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:54 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Dez and saints in contract negotiations.  

The saints didn’t lose their #1 for any time, but he is banged up so they Are being PROACTIVE.  

The bengals knew over a week ago green was hurt and would
Miss games at a minimum and potentially need surgery.  So they brought in no one to try out...

Had they brought in WRs last week for tryout, they could have had the bye to get acclimated.  Lapham said if the WRs don’t do much this week, then the bengals might look at other options.

The bengals are so poorly run it’s not funny.  Just when you think they are trying to turn a corner, they always seem to show they still don’t get it.

No worries. Those dumb Saints don't realize they're signing a scrub off the street that nobody else wanted.

I'm sure a locker room implosion is imminent in New Orleans. 

(11-07-2018, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, are you really this clueless or are you intentionally twisting the truth to try and make the Bengals look bad.

For the entire season the Saints have only had ONE wr with more than 12 receptions.  They have placed 3 WRs on IR.  Trying to compare their situation with the Bengal who have had two of the top 11 WRS in the league on the roster all year is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is that 2 of those IR'd WRs you talk about were Tommylee Lewis and Travin Dural. Both undrafted guys. One with zero career catches and the other had 10 catches last year. Not big losses at all. The other was Ted Ginn, who was productive for them, but not exactly AJ Green.

AJ's status going forward is currently murky, so it would've been nice to see them make a move. If AJ misses time and we fade down the stretch, not being proactive will look bad in hindsight. To some, it looks bad right now. You always talk about Marv lacking talent, then you say we don't need anybody whenever free agents are discussed. Which is it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, are you really this clueless or are you intentionally twisting the truth to try and make the Bengals look bad.

For the forseable future the bengals have ONE WR with double digit catches on the year.

They have had 10 days since his injury and haven’t done a thing.

I’m not saying the situations are the same. But both teams need help at wide receiver and only one team is being proactive.
Reply/Quote