Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
I was wanting dez in here anyway for wide out #3,hes a proven vet,everyone said no no. Then green gets hurt and people want to call on him to save the season? Yes we should bring in dez but they wont. They should atleast play tate byt thet wont. They will play erickson ,malone and core and lose next week and the week after before they do any changes. Get marvin out of here if hes responsible for this bs of trying nothing.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My gut feels this is like the CP situation in 2008, when the front office is stringing it along, but eventually AJ will be shut down for the year.

I could just need to poop though.

I hear Rich Braham’s bruise is about healed and he’s ready to come back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 06:44 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I was wanting dez in here anyway for wide out #3,hes a proven vet,everyone said no no. Then green gets hurt and people want to call on him to save the season? Yes we should bring in dez but they wont. They should atleast play tate byt thet wont. They will play erickson ,malone and core and lose next week and the week after before they do any changes. Get marvin out of here if hes responsible for this bs of trying nothing.

So you think Marvin doesn't want to sign Dez Bryant and is like: "No thanks Mr Brown. I'll just play Erickson instead."

IF we brought Dez in now, I think it would take him about a month to learn the playbook. I'm thinking that Dez is looking to win a Super Bowl...and hoping to go to a team like that anyways.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: You would give up a 3rd round pick for Golden Tate to play 8 games?

Demaryius Thomas is set to make 14 million next year. 

I think both of those would have been bad trades for the Bengals.

Great post! It's not about the draft pick surrendered...it's about the salary that you have to pay the player too. I suspect that's a big reason why we don't make trades.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 08:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think Marvin doesn't want to sign Dez Bryant and is like: "No thanks Mr Brown. I'll just play Erickson instead."

IF we brought Dez in now, I think it would take him about a month to learn the playbook. I'm thinking that Dez is looking to win a Super Bowl...and hoping to go to a team like that anyways.

Lol i dont know whos in charge of the moves, even if its changing a guard or a tackle,or bringing up someone off the practice squad, or if its wanting to go get a dez or that de that just got released bruce something. Whos in charge of making no moves? If marvin is any part of that get him out of here asap.during the season you are going to adjust and make moves. Doesnt matter if he can start off with a good 53. Its during the season ive watched us do nothing till we are out of it.
Reply/Quote
To think this wouldn't have happened if the Bengals could play a lick a D in the 4th quarter last week. He injured the toe on the last drive of the game. Maybe AJ ends up missing 2-3 games at most, but it's against one of the best teams in the league and 2 division rivals. We'd be lucky to come out 1-2.

There's no excuse to not entertain signing Dez at this point. We had Pacman for 7 years. We continue to deal with Tez and his problems. We can survive 9 weeks with Dez. I actually think Dez being a problem in the locker room is overblown. Jerry Jones just didn't like him and the coaches used him as a scapegoat to protect their jobs and QB that is below average. But as usual, Mikey Boy won't do anything. The Bye week has passed and there's no way to know if Dez is in shape or is able to build chemistry that quick with Dalton and Lazor. Another wasted season, even more wasted opportunities
Reply/Quote
Dez Bryant?
Reply/Quote
This is ridiculous. Losing Eifert and now Green. They can use Tate at least. But I think the coaches trust all-world Erickson in slot and move Ross to number 1 with Boyd in as number 2.

Is Gio healthy yet? They could use Gio as WR. He can block too.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:34 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: To think this wouldn't have happened if the Bengals could play a lick a D in the 4th quarter last week. He injured the toe on the last drive of the game. Maybe AJ ends up missing 2-3 games at most, but it's against one of the best teams in the league and 2 division rivals. We'd be lucky to come out 1-2.

There's no excuse to not entertain signing Dez at this point. We had Pacman for 7 years. We continue to deal with Tez and his problems. We can survive 9 weeks with Dez. I actually think Dez being a problem in the locker room is overblown. Jerry Jones just didn't like him and the coaches used him as a scapegoat to protect their jobs and QB that is below average. But as usual, Mikey Boy won't do anything. The Bye week has passed and there's no way to know if Dez is in shape or is able to build chemistry that quick with Dalton and Lazor. Another wasted season, even more wasted opportunities
I'm not against bringing Dez in, but some of you act like he would come in knowing the playbook already. If we brought him in now, we might get 3 or 4 games of production out of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not against bringing Dez in, but some of you act like he would come in knowing the playbook already. If we brought him in now, we might get 3 or 4 games of production out of him.

Keen an eye on Golden Tate in Philly and DeMaryius Thomas in Houston. I have a strong feeling it won't take a month for them to be productive. 

People overestimate how long it takes for some positions to pick up a playbook. The routes are mostly the same, usually just different terminology, and these guys are pro's who have been picking up playbooks their whole lives. Shoot, Josh Gordon isn't considered the brightest bulb, and he picked up that complex Patriots playbook in less than a month.

Either way, this is pretty moot, because it doesn't look like we're picking anyone up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Players don't have the same pain tolerance that they used to have. Old school players would play with injuries, sometimes severe injuries. Nowadays it seems that any sort of small injury puts a player out for weeks. Players only come back when their completely pain free. They've got to understand that you play with pain, its part of the equation.  Shoot the leg up with cortisone and get the **** out there and play.

It's getting to the point where it's going to be hard to field a team that can compete. We better be getting some of these players like Price, Bernard, Ross, Kroft,  Dennard , Vigil and  Burfict  back soon or were in serious trouble.

Iv'e looked up Krofts injury and it says minimum 5 weeks which means with today's players that's 10 weeks. The players simply don't come back fast from injuries anymore and the injuries keep them out much too long.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:22 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Players don't have the same pain tolerance that they used to have. Old school players would play with injuries, sometimes severe injuries. Nowadays it seems that any sort of small injury puts a player out for weeks. Players only come back when their completely pain free. They've got to understand that you play with pain, its part of the equation.  Shoot the leg up with cortisone and get the **** out there and play.

It's getting to the point where it's going to be hard to field a team that can compete. We better be getting some of these players like Price, Bernard, Ross, Kroft,  Dennard , Vigil and  Burfict  back soon or were in serious trouble.

Iv'e looked up Krofts injury and it says minimum 5 weeks which means with today's players that's 10 weeks. The players simply don't come back fast from injuries anymore and the injuries keep them out much too long.

This is all total BS.

Almost every starter in the league is playing with pain every week.

BTW how did you look up Kroft's injury?  Which bone in his foot was broken?  Where exactly was the break located?  What type of break was it?  Where did you get all of these details?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:11 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Players used to get serious head injuries and go right back in the game. Players now are taken off the field evaluated and looked at closely by medical staff. 

The "old school" players that used to play with head injuries are now suing the league for damages.  That had nothing to do with "toughness".  That was just stupidity.  And players today try to lie about head injuries to avoid being in concussion protocol.
Reply/Quote
Now we have no excuse to NOT give Mixon 30+ carries.

Although, I still think he is on a strict carry count since the surgery. Seems the 'forgetting him in the second half' could be that they don't want to work him too hard after the knee scope. Always wondering about that.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:22 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Players don't have the same pain tolerance that they used to have. Old school players would play with injuries, sometimes severe injuries. Nowadays it seems that any sort of small injury puts a player out for weeks. Players only come back when their completely pain free. They've got to understand that you play with pain, its part of the equation.  Shoot the leg up with cortisone and get the **** out there and play.

All of the old players are now feeling the effects of the the way teams managed injuries. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Marv just said AJ does not need surgery during the season, but timetable to return unknown. If it is turf toe, my guess is 4-6 weeks before he begins football activities.
Reply/Quote
So I need to remember not to wear my 18 jersey on game day anymore.

We've lost more than we've won when I've worn it, and I'm pretty sure AJ has gotten injured in each of the wins that I've had it on.

Bad mojo!
Reply/Quote
Dez Bryant will have a Tuesday tryout......

with the Saints

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I need to remember not to wear my 18 jersey on game day anymore.

We've lost more than we've won when I've worn it, and I'm pretty sure AJ has gotten injured in each of the wins that I've had it on.

Bad mojo!

I wore my Geno Atkins jersey on Halloween night in 2013 taking my kids trick or treating before the game. Never again put it on after that night. 
Reply/Quote
I'll be sporting my Peter Warrick jersey Sunday. Look for me on TV!
Reply/Quote