Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-30-2019, 05:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The possibility of him returning before the week two game would incentive to keep info from the fans. If you don't believe AJ helps sell tickets you are badly mistaken. MB is like your local used car dealer. If he tells you the problems after the sale its buyer beware.

That would make sense if his return timetable changed due to the surgery but it hasn't.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The possibility of him returning before the week two game would incentive to keep info from the fans. If you don't believe AJ helps sell tickets you are badly mistaken. MB is like your local used car dealer. If he tells you the problems after the sale its buyer beware.

Great point if decision and communication to fans had not been made in 4 days. BTW, those who bought tickets have 3 business days to cancel their purchase, so they have until tomorrow if they think they were duped.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I have to agree with fred. It would have to be a big effort to "hide" injury reports. Just don't see that happening.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Whenever we have a player hurt it’s always worse than first reported, second reported , third reported why?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:00 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Whenever we have a player hurt it’s always worse than first reported, second reported , third reported why?

Actually it isn't.  Many times the player returns exactly when they say he will.  People just fixate on the ones that don't.

I remember when Green got injured early in the 2014 season.  Lots of fans grumbling about how he would be finished for the season.  But he came back strong with a few 100 yard games and even a 200 yard game against the Steelers.

And remember when Whitworth missed all of the preseason and the first game of 2013?  He was supposed to return for opening day, but when he was not ready there was a large chorus here saying that he was done for the season.  But he came back in game 2 and ended up having a great season.
Reply/Quote
Zac says AJ is likely to miss a couple of games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 04:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The "minor" surgery would imply removing loose cartilage via ankle arthroscopy.  It also supports grade "2" strain and closer to the 6 week mark.  

The boot, the scooter, the MRI, the prognosis for his return, the fact they went with surgery over conservative treatment, and Shefter's report of the MRI findings all would seem to indicate Grade III, not Grade II. All of that indicates it wasn't a simple "clean out," but rather a ligament repair. Clean out is just code to down play the extent of the injury.
Reply/Quote

I've seen AJ Green play in a half empty PBS multiple times. It was like that the entire 2011 season, and for good chunks of most of his career. I mean I guess those Browns and Steelers fans may be buying tickets to see AJ Green.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The expectation now is that Green will miss multiple regular season games after undergoing ankle surgery as reported by head coach Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
If we can't survive 2 to 4 games without AJ Green then we were never really contender to begin with. I actually think this offense has some talent in both Malone and Ross at that spot. As long as they can beat man to man coverage then we should be good. Also Eifert is more of a number 1 than he was before coming into this season. Definitely not an ideal situation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It’s beyond comical. Seriously, the next update we’ll learn he has polio with a side of leprosy.

I’m so tired of the Bengals.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The boot, the scooter, the MRI, the prognosis for his return, the fact they went with surgery over conservative treatment, and Shefter's report of the MRI findings all would seem to indicate  Grade III, not Grade II. All of that indicates it wasn't a simple "clean out," but rather a ligament repair. Clean out is just code to down play the extent of the injury.

I tend to agree.

The biggest reason I was worried all along was Greens reaction when he got hurt.  Professional athlete usually know their bodies VERY well.  A guy like AJ has been playing tackle football for 15 to 20 years.  He has suffered dozens of minor injuries and a few bad ones  I think these usually know when they suffer a serious injury.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:23 PM)pally Wrote:

Which means the second opinion wasn't for a second opinion, but the pre-op appointment. with the orthopedist who would do the surgery. So they knew it was torn from the beginning and the MRI was just to confirm.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It’s beyond comical. Seriously, the next update we’ll learn he has polio with a side of leprosy.

I’m so tired of the Bengals.

They are saying he will miss a couple of games.  That is 8 or 9 weeks.  No need for all the drama.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If we can't survive 2 to 4 games without AJ Green then we were never really contender to begin with. I actually think this offense has some talent in both Malone and Ross at that spot. As long as they can beat man to man coverage then we should be good. Also Eifert is more of a number 1 than he was before coming into this season. Definitely not an ideal situation.

Did anyone seriously think we were?

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did anyone seriously think we were?

I thought the John Miller, B.W. Webb and John Jerry signings put us over the top. Along with a new scheme and Booby Hart developing into a starting right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did anyone seriously think we were?

Lol. There’s a solid 5 to 10 guys here that will fight to their death telling you every year we are super bowl bound.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol. There’s a solid 5 to 10 guys here that will fight to their death telling you every year we are super bowl bound.

...and about 5 to 10 others who read "they might be good if things break right" and somehow interpret that as "durrr he said dey gonna win teh Super Bowl hurhurhur". True realists, these guys.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:39 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AJ green has surgery to repair tendons. WTH is that. They still say he will be back in 6-8 weeks. Do yo think the Bengals hide injuries to keep fans from abandoning ticket sales?

Who the hell was gearing up to buy season tickets in the 4 day window between AJ's injury and his surgery?
Reply/Quote