Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
I can see why he had cover his head with his hands after the injury. I bet his agent had probably already discussed long before the options and possibilities of things to come if he got injured and how the negotiations could go if he wasn't inked.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 12:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I can see why he had cover his head with his hands after the injury. I bet his agent had probably already discussed long before the options and possibilities of things to come if he got injured and how the negotiations could go if he wasn't inked.

I'm sure that was some of it, but I think professional pride also played a part in his reaction. He missed a good chunk of last year, and was shutdown in 2016 as well. I remember when Leon Hall tore his Achilles the second time, and he reacted the same way. There was no money on the line, but his frustration was evident.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 12:39 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think that Green will back until at the very best week 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the whole season. I feel like the latter will happen unless we're in the playoff hunt. Eifert had the same injury and he had surgery on it in May. He didn't make it back and actually play a game until week 8. Hopefully Green can recover faster than Eifert.

You're joking, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 08:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

You're joking, right?

The injury news has gotten progressively worse on this subject, in all fairness. 

Just a sprain...no boot!  Ok, big sprain get a boot.  And a scooter.   Now he has torn ligaments but no surgery.  Ok some surgery but not big surgery may be ready for week 1.  Ok may miss week 1.  Ok now he will miss multiple games. 

To be continued?
Reply/Quote

You're joking, right?

The prognosis was 6-8 weeks. Now ZT is saying he will miss a couple of games which means at least eight weeks. To me that means 8+ weeks for his return if everything goes as planned. Nothing ever goes as planned when it comes to the Bengals and their medical staff. Keep drinking the kool aid.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:06 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Nothing ever goes as planned when it comes to the Bengals and their medical staff. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Yes it does.

When Green was hurt early in 2014 he came back and played great.  Had a 200 yard game against the Steelers.

When Whitworth missed all of training camp and opening day in 2013 he came back and had a great season.

You just don't care about facts.  All you remember is the bad.  You ignore the truth when it doesn't fit your plan of shitting on everything the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 09:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The injury news has gotten progressively worse on this subject, in all fairness. 

Just a sprain...no boot!  Ok, big sprain get a boot.  And a scooter.   Now he has torn ligaments but no surgery.  Ok some surgery but not big surgery may be ready for week 1.  Ok may miss week 1.  Ok now he will miss multiple games. 

To be continued?

The very first prognosis I heard was 6 to 8 weeks.

They are still saying around 8 weeks.

I don't know how you ever got the idea that he would be back before at least 6 to 8 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.

When Green was hurt early in 2014 he came back and played great.  Had a 200 yard game against the Steelers.

When Whitworth missed all of training camp and opening day in 2013 he came back and had a great season.

You just don't care about facts.  All you remember is the bad.  You ignore the truth when it doesn't fit your plan of shitting on everything the Bengals do.

Lets go back to just last year when the same player was supposed to miss a couple of games with the toe problem but they OKed him to play. He played and made one catch and ended up missing a total of eight games. Eifert is another fine example of their ineptitude. Injures his foot in freeking January and they wait until May to fix it. You always pull obscure facts out of your your your hat and belittle others who have legitimate posts. You don't just drink the kool aid you bathe in it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The very first prognosis I heard was 6 to 8 weeks.

I don't know how you ever got the idea that he would be back before at least 6 to 8 weeks.

Do you have a calendar ? If he missed eight weeks he would be active for the home opener. Would you like to make a wager as to if that will happen. ZT says he will miss a couple of games so that means it will be more than eight weeks.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Lets go back to just last year when the same player was supposed to miss a couple of games with the toe problem but they OKed him to play. He played and made one catch and ended up missing a total of eight games. Eifert is another fine example of their ineptitude. Injures his foot in freeking January and they wait until May to fix it. You always pull obscure facts out of your your your hat and belittle others who have legitimate posts. You don't just drink the kool aid you bathe in it. 

I don't disagree that sometimes things don't go as planned.  Any sports fan will tell you that this happens to even the best teams when it comes to injuries.  Just ask the Golden State Warriors.

The difference between the two of us is that you claim things NEVER go as planned for the Bengals.  You obsess over the negative and deny the truth that sometimes players do come back when they are supposed to and play well.  Unlike you I can see the truth.  I can see both sides instead of just one.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:29 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Do you have a calendar ? If he missed eight weeks he would be active for the home opener. 

Yes I do have a calendar.  It shows that 8 weeks from July 27 is September 21.  Home opener is September 15.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The very first prognosis I heard was 6 to 8 weeks.

Well, the info coming in is a mix of hopeful opinion, dire pessimism, and procrastinating prognosticating.  And yes, I realize we've heard zero reports from an orthopedic this 'n' that doctor-talkin' guy, but still jet's see....these look like reports that have gotten progressively less sunny as the days have gone on.

WLWT's Elise Jesse reports A.J. Green has escaped with a "low" ankle sprain.

If true, this is the best possible news after Green was carted off the field on Saturday. Even a low sprain could be a multi-week issue in the low-stakes setting of training camp, but it is quite possible Green could still get preseason reps. Barring a setback, he should be ready weeks in advance of Week 1. It appears crisis has been averted for the Bengals.
SOURCE: Elise Jesse on Twitter
Jul 27, 2019, 7:13 PM ET

Bengals.com Geoff Hobson writes the team is thinking that A.J. Green will be out four weeks.

Green underwent an MRI this morning on his "low" ankle sprain, and the team is hoping there was no further damage "with the thinking he’d miss four weeks." That's not a firm timetable, but it does line up with the typical recovery time of a non-severe ankle sprain. Green should be ready for Week 1 and could even see preseason work. In early fantasy drafts, Green is being selected as a WR1/2.

SOURCE: Bengals.com
Jul 28, 2019, 2:39 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green will "likely" be sidelined for 6-8 weeks.

The Bengals were hopeful that Green would miss only four weeks with a low ankle sprain, but an MRI revealed torn ligaments in his left ankle. Green isn't expected to have surgery, though he is getting a second opinion to confirm. With a six to eight week timetable for his return, Green is looking doubtful for the season opener and possibly beyond. Green is still a high-end receiver when healthy, but he has missed at least six games in two of the last three seasons. He'll likely miss one to three games with this injury, so Green is no longer a third-round target in fantasy drafts. Green will be 31 years old in 2019.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 28, 2019, 3:27 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Bengals coach Zac Taylor said A.J. Green (ankle surgery) will miss regular season games.

"When they get in there and get the surgery done, they realized it's going to be a little bit longer," Taylor said of Green's timeline. "It's just going to be a couple of games ... hopefully he'll be ready to go at the beginning-half of the season." That does not sound good. This seriously changes the calculus around Green's average draft position. Turning 31 on Wednesday, Green missed seven games last season and six in 2016. John Ross is also on the shelf, leaving Tyler Boyd as the last man standing for the time being. The WR2/3 borderline seems like the earliest appropriate time to gamble on Green.

SOURCE: Geoff Hobson on Twitter
Jul 30, 2019, 4:58 PM ET
Reply/Quote
Regardless, as a person and not just a Bengal, get well soon, AJ Green. Shame for such a good guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I do have a calendar.  It shows that 8 weeks from July 27 is September 21.  Home opener is September 15.

Eight weeks would be the 14th on my calendar but it probably isn't as team friendly as yours is.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 12:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Eight weeks would be the 14th on my calendar but it probably isn't as team friendly as yours is.

Eight weeks from the 27th is Sunday September 21st which is week 3 vs the Bills. Hopefully AJ is looking good going into that week so even if he misses the Bill's game he could be ready for the Steelers week 4.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 12:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Eight weeks would be the 14th on my calendar but it probably isn't as team friendly as yours is.

Calendars are exactly the same.

You just are not smart enough to count.

Try again.  
Reply/Quote
I think they should consider giving Michael Crabtree a call. I didn't realize he was unsigned.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:37 PM)jason Wrote: I think they should consider giving Michael Crabtree a call. I didn't realize he was unsigned.

Only a rube like Marvin Lewis would be dumb enough to play a proven vet WR over a bunch of bench guys we want to see play...until they play and then the coach is an idiot for playing them rather than the other guys on the bench we want to see.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Only a rube like Marvin Lewis would be dumb enough to play a proven vet WR over a bunch of bench guys we want to see play...until they play and then the coach is an idiot for playing them rather than the other guys on the bench we want to see.

Sometimes I forget that Zac Taylor is gonna fix most if not all of our scrubs...

I'd still call Crabtree though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

You're joking, right?

No. That's the same injury and surgery Eifert had, and they claimed that he might only miss one or two games... his first game back was week 8. If Green doesn't recover faster than Eifert did then he will miss the whole season.
Reply/Quote